By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

Ail said:

sheesh Sprint ended the session popping up 13%..........

To think yesterday I was pondering either selling my position or doubling it and I ended up doing nothing because I just don't know enough about Sprint to make an educated decision..

My biggest beef with wireless providers is that fundamentally there is something flawed in their business model in the way they subvention fully Iphone sales and only recoup that money much later. With the way customers are raging about Iphones they should let those same customers bear some of the phone costs. If things were set up this way there actually would be pressure on Apple to lower Iphone prices but right now Apple gets a free ride as most customers are barely aware of the real cost of the phone they are using.........

You probably shouldn't hold onto Sprint for too long.  I don't see anything in turning their business around.  I had Sprint from about 2003 - 2012.  The entire time I was under them I think I switched plans once or twice.  They have terrible plan options and eventually when I wanted to go to a smartphone they were obviously not the best choice.  I'm sorry but I see nothing special in their network that grants a 30+ more a month for unlimited everything. 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Ail said:

sheesh Sprint ended the session popping up 13%..........

To think yesterday I was pondering either selling my position or doubling it and I ended up doing nothing because I just don't know enough about Sprint to make an educated decision..

My biggest beef with wireless providers is that fundamentally there is something flawed in their business model in the way they subvention fully Iphone sales and only recoup that money much later. With the way customers are raging about Iphones they should let those same customers bear some of the phone costs. If things were set up this way there actually would be pressure on Apple to lower Iphone prices but right now Apple gets a free ride as most customers are barely aware of the real cost of the phone they are using.........

You probably shouldn't hold onto Sprint for too long.  I don't see anything in turning their business around.  I had Sprint from about 2003 - 2012.  The entire time I was under them I think I switched plans once or twice.  They have terrible plan options and eventually when I wanted to go to a smartphone they were obviously not the best choice.  I'm sorry but I see nothing special in their network that grants a 30+ more a month for unlimited everything. 

Yeah but right now they have very valuable spectrum and with the current spectrum issue in the US that is very valuable asset...

The whole company is valued at 7.5 billion$ and that is very cheap considering their spectrum holdings are valued at over 20 billions that the company has around 18 billions of debt and holds 4 billion in cash. ( so basically books value is around 6 billion $).

With t-Mobile going down the drain due to their lack of Iphone support Sprint could remain the only cheap wireless provider...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Mmm I finally got the cash from my last stock option sale and now I'm going to have to invest it..
I know I won't be raising my Apple or Google positions as they are already high and today's price isn't that attractive so I'm going to have to find new investments ideas...
The first question however is whether I get in quickly or wait as the market has been going up fast in 2012 and is due for a correction.......
One thing I am pondering is doubling my GE position, I got in 2 weeks ago and I kinda like the stock with its nice dividend, especially if the US economy stays on the recovery track...
It's not a stock that will raise by 50% in the next  year but it's a pretty safe bet too as the downside isn't that big and the stock is still down 50% since the recession so there is a lot of upside...

man-bear-pig said:
I'm up $18 today! Woooo hooooo! I need to buy some shares other than apple, lol

good stuff! Get Nintendo stock they are going up. Take two is steady and safe. Sony might interest you but I don't think the upward slope is sustainable. I might sell mine.

Sony is probably going up due to launching Vita. Depending on first week sales they'll either keep going up or drop. I'm not too optimistic about first week personally, but it might surprise. Also if vita sales bomb nintendo stock will probably drop as well. Market seems convinced that any sign of weakness means that dedicated handhelds are doomed.

Also market as a whole seems to be slowing. I guess we're near a top. Time to short?
Btw I joined your game happy dolphin. You seem to be doing quite well so far :P
Wish we could get more players, but this does require a ton more reading than other topics so we'll have to work on a good sales pitch.

Around the Network

Up $42 today! Woooo hoooooooo!!!

Ladder Update:

Yay MBP. Thanks aori, glad you joined! Here are my results for today.

I just got 2k from a rear end accident that I was involved in (other person rear ended me and I'm just going to take the money/not get it fixed since it is barely any damage). I have to put some towards bills but I really want to invest in Nintendo. Do you have to buy a certain amount of shares (1000+) or can you just purchase a few shares? And where the hell do I go to purchase these shares?

sethnintendo said:

I just got 2k from a rear end accident that I was involved in (other person rear ended me and I'm just going to take the money/not get it fixed since it is barely any damage). I have to put some towards bills but I really want to invest in Nintendo. Do you have to buy a certain amount of shares (1000+) or can you just purchase a few shares? And where the hell do I go to purchase these shares?

Get a broker... ( E-Trade, Fidelity, whatever..)

Ail said:
sethnintendo said:

Get a broker... ( E-Trade, Fidelity, whatever..)

That is what I was thinking but didn't know which one is best.  I am mainly just looking for long term investing and not day trading.  So I guess I'll have to do a little research for what one is the cheapest for that type of investing.  I also don't want to pay for stock advice because I can make my own decisions and looking into companies.