By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

MBP! Come on in man :) ! Here's the link -> goo.gl/hJqCm . Take a quick look at the basic rules in the Market Simulator League post, and then go ahead and join us.

You only missed a day, so you're at a tiny disadvantage, but just jump in, I'll add you to the ladder once you're in.

@Ail. Good point! Take a look at my EOD results.

I unded up making my money back right at market closing. Is there some kind of post-close adjustment that happens, or are poeple just frantically preparing their purchases for the next day?

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

MBP! Come on in man :) ! Here's the link -> goo.gl/hJqCm . Take a quick look at the basic rules in the Market Simulator League post, and then go ahead and join us.

You only missed a day, so you're at a tiny disadvantage, but just jump in, I'll add you to the ladder once you're in.

@Ail. Good point! Take a look at my EOD results.

I unded up making my money back right at market closing. Is there some kind of post-close adjustment that happens, or are poeple just frantically preparing their purchases for the next day?

There's no set rule.( and if there was traders would try to take advantages of those and that would invalidate them..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Just joined, but I can't buy anything til tomorrow :(

Yeah, that's the nature of the market. Trades are only possible during open hours ;)

@Ail, a case of observer's paradox I suppose. This is fun :D

happydolphin said:
Yeah, that's the nature of the market. Trades are only possible during open hours ;)

@Ail, a case of observer's paradox I suppose. This is fun :D

Schroedinger should have used the stock market instead of a cat for his famous example ;)

Around the Network

Haha :D He would've found all his answers there, not even needing to poison a cat.

Should have invested in Netflix like I told ya!! They went up like 3.81 today... Well after looking at the year history of the stock it can't go any lower. They just got hit big after all the stupid bs they tried to do with the jacking prices and splitting the dvd / instant stream service. They wised up on not splitting the shit up after everyone went ape shit. It was a stupid idea though.

sethnintendo said:
Should have invested in Netflix like I told ya!! They went up like 3.81 today... Well after looking at the year history of the stock it can't go any lower. They just got hit big after all the stupid bs they tried to do with the jacking prices and splitting the dvd / instant stream service. They wised up on not splitting the shit up after everyone went ape shit. It was a stupid idea though.

Errr ?

Netflix is down 3.65% today...

the stock is however up 69% so far this year and has been one of the best performer on the market but you gotta keep wondering how long this rally will last after the disastrous 2011...( the stock actually was up 73% in january and has been flat/down since)

Ail said:
sethnintendo said:

Errr ?

Netflix is down 3.65% today...

the stock is however up 69% so far this year and has been one of the best performer on the market but you gotta keep wondering how long this rally will last after the disastrous 2011...( the stock actually was up 73% in january and has been flat/down since)

Oops, yea you are correct.  I was looking at yesterday's numbers apparently.  Today it is -4.5.  Yea, the stock probably won't go too much higher for a little but I have a feeling it will get to high 100s by the end of the year.  If they keep growing customers and making money then I see no reason why not.  They are even developing their studio production to try and match HBO and others..  If they can land some more exclusives then they will be in a perfect spot for growth.  They just announced a new Netflix exclusive series I believe.  I could look it up..

Investment League Update:
Okay guys, the market is open (since an hour ago).

Also, I just noticed that I have a buying power of 5000$, above and beyond my current investment of 9,744$ in stocks. Feel free to use that margin to your advantage.