By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

radishhead said:
I'm wondering whether Sony stock will jump due to Vita release or not- it's all down to how successful it is, and it's really hard to tell at the moment

What are your predictions? Also, how important do you think the Vita launch will be on Sony's stock in general?

I don't want to affect your ladder game, but thought I'd ask in friendly competition ;)

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
radishhead said:
I'm wondering whether Sony stock will jump due to Vita release or not- it's all down to how successful it is, and it's really hard to tell at the moment

What are your predictions? Also, how important do you think the Vita launch will be on Sony's stock in general?

I don't want to affect your ladder game, but thought I'd ask in friendly competition ;)

I feel that Vita is going to have a very successful first couple of weeks (quite possibily outselling 3DS's launch weeks), but will drop hard until more mass-appeal games arrive- so I'm thinking a noticible rise in stock for a little while, and then it will start dropping again fairly quick, I reckon- don't take my word for it though, I really have no idea :P

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Well, since we're just playing fantasy, I might have a Sony strategy in mind. We'll see how it goes ;)

Stocks might get interesting come E3. What does the stock history show about the period of May-June? Are there bumps?

For the smaller companies, often there is- it doesn't seem to make a huge difference to the big 3 though (except Nintendo's dropped a bit after the WiiU reveal, since it was kinda disappointing)

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Or misunderstood by investors right? Well, since we're getting into this I'm sure we'll notice if it does happen, and you can be sure I'll post about it here if someone else doesn't before me ;)

Around the Network

If we keep using this thread, maybe someone else will eventually join us :)

Watch me on YouTube!

Well, as long as we stay OT and bring value (stock discussions, news, etc.), I have absolutely no problem with it ;) If people see we're actually gaining experience from playing in the Stock League, then why wouldn't they? :P

Until this thread I had literally no interest in the stock market at all, haha- so anything that I learn here will be a big improvement on what I had before :p

Watch me on YouTube!

:) Ultimately the goal of this thread is to:

1) Introduce another fun activity to the forum,
2) Help people learn about the stock market and trading in general,
3) Especially help ppl get a better feel for how video game news and financials affect stock performance.

At least that way that subject of the industry our community is better equipped to debate on.

Last thing I want to do is help lead people away from stock gambling. It's important for people to see the scientific side of the stock market, the risk factors and educate people so that when they do invest with real money, it's not just on some crazy whim.

Simulation League Notification:
This is just a quick reminder that the market will open tomorrow morning at 9AM EST. Get your stock purchases ready, and happy trading!