By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Asura's Wrath is more Heavy Rain than God of War

Here's a preview to clarify, it's a good read regardless of your gaming preferences.

tl;dr version: Don't go in expecting a hack'n'slash game, go in expecting to be led through a story.

Around the Network

Not sure how to react to this?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

Anybody going in expecting fine tuned hack'n'slash mechanics will be disappointed. The thread is for people to get their expectations adjusted accordingly.

Shinobi-san said:

By buying the shit out of it.

The demo alone was already better than anything from the GOW series.

Around the Network

Every time i read something about this game it's getting better and better

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Thanks for posting. My interest in the game went from zero to mild :)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Kinda cool they seem to understand to fill a specific niche and sell the game to 200K happy gamers who crave for a unique and awkward experience, instead of trying to rip-off God of War and fail at it.

Well, based on my experience with the demo, i would say this is more like Naruto UNS. Though, with a little more QTE on the way (since the game is bigger than Naruto UNS story mode, i hope).

I even find difficult to compare the pacing of this game to the one in HR. Would we also brush Asura's theeths here, or open doors?

I said that in other thread. For a "fast paced action" game the gameplay is horrible. This QTE based gameplay; is more appropriate to games that are driven by story-emotion-deep characters; because in that kind of games the characters ends up doing lots of different things every time (dancing, investigating, fighting, shooting...etc; just like Heavy Rain.

But in Asura´s Wrath, all you do is fighting, fighting, and more fighting; yet instead of making it a proper action game; the developers have transformed the game in some kind of QTE based; when it doesnt make any sense at all.

Also Asura´s Wrath, is almost a shooter in lots of parts of the game. You shoot things from your arms, and "dodge" while doing so. And you cant even dodge freely most times, because is a section that is on rails.

For an action game it is really weird; and most probably will be rated horribly.