By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I so wished I didn't almost have a heart attack while playing Revelations. Such a pity, I really wanted to buy it and it looks so good!

Why did you almost have a heart attack? Was it frightening!

Yes, it was very scary! To me at least. The graphics were incredible! Which didn't help my situation. XD

Well be happy you were not playing games back in the 90's. Resident Evil back then did not have the best graphics, but it did not need them. It started out pretty slow from what I can remember. You just walked around a huge staircase room (forya, Foryare) and looked for clues and listened to slow text that we still listen to this day in Zelda games. Then some how you enter this hallway. You know the game is survival horror, but who really knows what that means back then. All of a sudden you have two Ferocious zombie dogs chasing you down with horrible controls and you are not really sure what to do other than fire your gun. Because who wants to wimp out and run back to the horribly long door?

I have not played the recent one. In fact the last ones that I played were on the GC a while back! They were pretty! Even converted one of my Dreamcast friends to a GC for a while because of it.

Well then, you will for sure like the graphics on Revelations. The textures are almost PS3-like! I'm not kidding they are very good. The only thing that can still use some work are the polygons. It isn't like not smooth or anything but there are certain times when you can tell there aren't enough. Oh! And the lighting effects are ridiculously amazing! When the ship rocks back and forth the light moves perfectly with it and...... it just looks perfect! 

You will for sure love this game, Ryan. It is very interesting and the controls are really good. 

Around the Network

You're going to have to have this locked since threads like this aren't allowed to have over 1000 posts.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

You're going to have to have this locked since threads like this aren't allowed to have over 1000 posts.

I don't think that's an actual rule, just for elimination threads or something

miz1q2w3e said:
amp316 said:

Shhhhh.  Don't tell Ryan that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
amp316 said:

Shhhhh.  Don't tell Ryan that.

ok I won't 

Around the Network

The admins must close other, and older threads, this must remain. Period.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Darc Requiem said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
Darc Requiem said:
spurgeonryan said:

I have said it multiple times. It would Behoove Nintendo to put this out now! 6 months, one year, longer, who knows when the 720 or PS4 is coming out. Establish your selves, make some mistakes, etc. By the time the other two are out you should be in prime position!

Sega tried your idea with the US Saturn launch and it was a complete disaster.

Its worked for several companies. That was just a misfortune that SEGA was just going down in popularity/sales.

Well it could very well back fire. But there is a huge Wii user base who will be able to play there games on the wii U. Plus Ninteno will now have almost 2 years in which they have officially been working on this, and who knows how long after. Did anyone actually like the Saturn controller?

Hopefully Nintendo's business practices have changed like they have said they have and we can look forward to better relations with 3rd parties, reduced shovelware, and better online. Also the Sega Genesis, Sega 32X, and Sega CD were on life support for a while after the SNES was done with it. Saturn had to come out!

Now on the Wii side, it was not that big of deal last year that they had hardly any games. Yes Nintendo lost money, but they did put a ton of money into R&D for a Wii U and a 3DS which tanked for the first 3-4 months. The Wii sold Pretty good this Christmas, but it is obviously time to go. So is it time? Yes it is. The Wii came with weaker graphics and fewer options for developers to make things happen on it. The five year cycle is complete and has passed. I think as long as the price is right people will be ready. Even if they make some mistakes the extra time will help it out I think.

Do you think other wise?

The both of you don't understand why such a tactic failed so miserably for Sega. You can't just arbitrarily launch a console 6 months ahead of time. You'll screw/piss off third parties like Sega did. They were given a target date to have their software ready. They did have their software ready on time, unfortunately Sega launched the console 6 months early.  Another damning thing that ocurred, which had negative effects on the Dreamcast, was that Sega angered retailers as well because they launched far earlier than originally planned they didn't have enough hardware to ship. They choose to only ship to specific retailers initially this caused problems later on when the slighted retailers refused to carry their hardware or Sega had basically bribe/pay them to carry hardware. Some of them never did.

Nintendo has alway been better at business than Sega. That is why I don't think they'd do something so foolish. Even if they did go forward would such a strategy, it would be a logistical nightmare. One that would be heavy risk with the potential for minimal gain. Nintendo has been bending over backwards for third parties since Iwata took over. Any gains they made would be wiped out by a "surprise" launch. That's not taking into consideration the strain it would put on their supply chain. Business partners would need to move up their manufacturing dead lines for an early launch to be accomplished. The cost to manufacture the Wii U itself would likely be hire than planned initially due all of the hoops they'd have to jump through to get he hardware to market. The more I think about it, the less wise the tactic becomes.

There was other reasons why it didn't do well. It was also a beast to develop for. And it had no optimization for 3D graphics. It was made to be a 2D graphic powerhouse. They thought at the time that 3D was a fad that wouldn't stay because there was no decent way to control a 3D avatar easily.

yay!! Skylanders sequel, i knew they would release one per year... : P

although the idea of giants sounds way too kiddy

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

spurgeonryan said:

My new Avatar! Will this alienate me from the Mario Kart Crowd?

Hott-Ah. This is the hottest image of peach I've seen so far. I love it this one.

@Sakaguchi.

“Now that high-quality graphics rule supreme, you can reproduce what you want to communicate visually, but at the same time, I don’t know how to put this, but there’s an element that’s slightly excessive about it all…You end up communicating too much to the player.”

“To be honest, I think that the HD images which have become mainstream in the TV industry are, for me personally, still rather over the top for the world of video games. There’s a tendency for developers to allow all their energy to be diverted into maintaining the high quality of the graphics.”

Very well said.

Regarding the Zelda video previously posted here:

3 THINGS THAT SUCK WITH SKYWARD SWORD
1) The motion controls: Yes I know they are awesome and sweet - but they SUCK! They suck major suckage. The reason? When I'm trying to stab (thrusting the control forward) Link swings his sword from up to down... Why, why I ask him - but he remains silend. And playing the harp for thepumpkin crowd is madening!!!
2) The Z-targeting SUCKS! Even if the enemy is right behind me, and Link's actually looking over his own shoulder at the enemy, I still cannot target the enemy! Whats up with that? I see the monster, and Link sees the monster!
3)The camera angle SUCKS... sometimes... so much that I, at times, cannot see what I'm doing - and what's even worse, I can't see what (or where) the enemy is doing (or is)...

I still love the game but these three things sucks so much...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.