By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
DanneSandin said:
Whaaat? wait, wait... is there ONLY ONE more page to read since i was here last time?! usually there's at least 3 new pages when I check in, often even more... and now there's only one? I have started to refer this thread as "the beast" since there's so many new posts each time i log in :P

HaHA! :) Luckily with improved quote-tree trimming skills, this beast will become tame ;)

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:
Whaaat? wait, wait... is there ONLY ONE more page to read since i was here last time?! usually there's at least 3 new pages when I check in, often even more... and now there's only one? I have started to refer this thread as "the beast" since there's so many new posts each time i log in :P

HaHA! :) Luckily with improved quote-tree trimming skills, this beast will become tame ;)

Hehe, honestly - I don't know if it CAN be tamed! There's just so much news out there! And it'll only get worse and worse the closer we get to e3 :P maaaan can you imagen this thread the weeks before - and AFTER - e3?!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

Hehe, honestly - I don't know if it CAN be tamed! There's just so much news out there! And it'll only get worse and worse the closer we get to e3 :P maaaan can you imagen this thread the weeks before - and AFTER - e3?!

It's gonna be awesome :), can't WAIT!!

happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:

It's gonna be awesome :), can't WAIT!!

Yeah I know!! I'm so excited to see where the whole industry is going to go! :D this truly is (or is it "are"?) exciting times!

For the most part I'm just looking at the pretty pictures in this thread ;)

DanneSandin said:

Yeah I know!! I'm so excited to see where the whole industry is going to go! :D this truly is (or is it "are"?) exciting times!

For the most part I'm just looking at the pretty pictures in this thread ;)

Me too Danne. "These truly are exciting times!" ;)

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Beware the multimedia creep

Dr. Mario of course!

Nintendo 3DS Game -- Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir

Glasses-free 3D on a mobile device may still just be getting its sea legs, but with this title, the 3DS shows just what 3D can do to create an immersive gaming experience. And it’s one that doesn’t have to rely on blowing things up either.

All these hand-picked segments I find very interesting.

spurgeonryan said:

Capcom Slaughters Resident Evil 3DS?

Capcom has successfully cut the legs of Resident Evil: Revelations on Nintendo 3DS this week. Cubed3 recently gave the new 3DS scare-fest 9/10 after it had a sterling first week in the UK, topping the Individual Formats Top 40 last week. However, following a strong start, Capcom starting a marketing blitz for the November release of Resident Evil 6. Whether or not this would have a significant impact on sales of Resident Evil: Revelations was something of debate, but this week's new update from Chart Track has revealed the legs have indeed been chopped off, leaving a bloody mess in the charts.

Check out the damage below:

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 4 February 2012
(NEW) 1.) FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 (PS3, SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
(NEW) 2.) FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 (360, SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
(NEW) 3.) METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION (360, KONAMI)
(NEW) 4.) METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION (PS3, KONAMI)
(NEW) 5.) SOULCALIBUR V (360, NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)
(2) 6.) JUST DANCE 3 (Wii, UBISOFT)
(8) 7.) BATTLEFIELD 3 (360, ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(19) 8.) BATTLEFIELD 3 (PS3, ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(17) 9.) ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS (360, UBISOFT)
(3) 10.) CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 (360, ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(5) 11.) FIFA 12 (360, ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(4) 12.) THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM (360, BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
(7) 13.) ZUMBA FITNESS (Wii, 505 GAMES)
(NEW) 14.) SOULCALIBUR V (PS3, NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)
(6) 15.) ZUMBA FITNESS 2 (Wii, 505 GAMES)
(21) 16.) ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS (PS3, UBISOFT)
(11) 17.) SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD (360, THQ)
(9) 18.) FIFA 12 (PS3, ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(10) 19.) CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 (PS3, ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(13) 20.) SUPER MARIO 3D LAND (3DS, NINTENDO)
(14) 21.) FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 (PC, SEGA)
(12) 22.) MARIO KART 7 (3DS, NINTENDO)
(1) 23.) RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS (3DS, CAPCOM)

Why anyone would do something so terribly foolish is beyond me...

spurgeonryan said:
happydolphin said:

Why anyone would do something so terribly foolish is beyond me...

It is releasing in America today I believe. They probably are not that worried about it. Did very well in both Japan and Europe, and is likely to have decent legs. Everyone seems to be having a blast playing it!

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/47630/resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d/

Take a look at those sales, not too bad for a game that was not as liked as Revelations. This one will push out a million plus by Christmas. Probably a lot more.

Nono spurge, the article was saying it was chopping off the legs of the European release of reveMILKions. If it's coming out in November, why the hell would they risk such a thing? They have time... ehhh, what can you do, business ppl.

I think David Perry is right. Consoles are becoming more like media/entertainment something than they should. Consoles exist to play games, that`s their focus; that`s where they shine.
He says that it`s a process that they should go through. I just don´t think they really need it.
The more you push a console to be a media center the more it risks not doing good at it because it will face enormous competition from other devices that, not only offer portability, but also seem more fit for the job. With more and more TVs going that way, the more people who are only seeing consoles from the perspective of media centers, the less appealing will a console be to them.

I honestly think that there`s no need for consoles to go that route per se. They might be putting aside to something that makes them unique and presenting something that makes them seem like just another one who is offering the same things the others are offering.

@happydolphin: thanks! Since I'm not a native english-speaker/writer it's not always easy knowing what's right/wrong ^^

OT: weeeeeee more pretty pictures!