By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Uncharted franchise pass Gears of War in 2012?

VGC has GeoW on 17 million units sold to 13 million for Uncharted. There might be undertracking for UC3 tough  so it could be higher. Is it possible for Uncharted series, along with Uncharted 3 GOTY edition/Platinum edition+Uncharted Golden Abyss to pass GeoW franchise?

Around the Network

No chance.

It might EVENTUALLY

Hmmm....No. How much do you expect UC GA to sell? I know I don't expect much and I also doubt GoTY edition will do much either. Maybe if UC4 comes out and they never make a GeOW game again.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

It will do eventually but not this year. Early 2013.

Around the Network

No, probably never. Definitely not in the next few years.

Well, even UC2 is still selling, might reach 6 million this year, UC3 will do even better than UC2. UC:GA being a launch game will do really good, I expect around 3 million or more.

Remember how much Resistance 1 sold and 3.

Turkish said:
Well, even UC2 is still selling, might reach 6 million this year, UC3 will do even better than UC2. UC:GA being a launch game will do really good, I expect around 3 million or more.

Remember how much Resistance 1 sold and 3.

Uh... yeah...

Resistance 1: > 4 million

Resistance 3: < 1 million (so far, but still)

Turkish said:

VGC has GeoW on 17 million units sold to 13 million for Uncharted. There might be undertracking for UC3 tough  so it could be higher. Is it possible for Uncharted series, along with Uncharted 3 GOTY edition/Platinum edition+Uncharted Golden Abyss to pass GeoW franchise?

but but but they might be undertracking gears of war... Unless there is cold hard proof that the game is being undertracked its pointless to speculate

Anyway I doubt uncharted will pass gears. Soon as the holidays ended uncharted 3 sales dropped like a rock compared to uncharted 2. I doubt it will end up outselling uncharted 2 by much if at all. Then again if sony keeps heavily bundling the uncharted games every holiday the series could pass gears, but otherwise I don't think it has a chance.

I think the dualpacks, the controller pack plus a possible Uncharted Trilogy pack along the GOTY and Platinum editions will help sell the series more then GeoW.