By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Uncharted franchise pass Gears of War in 2012?

I doubt UC - GA will sell 3 million :/ Id like it to but can't see it happening lol.

Around the Network
thehusbo said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
thehusbo said:
Seece said:
osamanobama said:
well uncharted 3 is undertracked, so it may do it eventually.
it could look like this by the end of things.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: 4.5 million
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: 6.0 million
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: 6.5 million
Uncharted: Golden Abyss: 3.5 million
Total Lifetime sales: 20.5 million

Gears of War: 6.0 million
Gears of War 2: 6.5 million
Gears of War 3: 7.0 million
Total LT Sales: 19.5 million

so its definitely not out of the realm of possibility.
especially since the Uncharted dual pack has worked wonders for the sales of the first 2. $40 for 2 games is a great deal. and Uncharted has shown to have great legs

Gees what a terribly biased post. U3 barely managed 3.5m in 2011 and it was heavily bundled, and you expect it to come on par with Gears 3? You're aware each iteration isn't going to see the same legs right? U2 made the series popular which meant U3 was more front loaded.

Your U:GA prediction is laughable as well.

U3 was "heavily bundled"? Where and when was this? It was barely bundled at all compared to some games so...?

And why is 3.5million for uncharted GA "laughable"?

i agree, in my region it looked like it had the same stock as I2 bundle, meaning very low i saw very little of those two bundles at my retailers, i think the reason for this was b/c of the very good value $299 for 320gb and $60 game during that time 320gb stand alones where 299,  also from what i remebered it was a US only release

I thought it was very clear U3 was bundled, just look at its placing in the USA over the christmas period.

I don't get your post? Are u talking about just USA now, because that's the only place an official bundle was released.. 

yeah i dont get it it either

but the bundle, i was talking bout retail as thats what i know best, compared to other bundles released this gen i think it was very low retail wise.  for the link above and about it being available online well thats like all the threads we used to have about SW or HW being ranked #1 on online websites, i believe that online purchasing for certain gaming items doesnt account to the amount seen from retailers as seen from the posters flaming the OP's of those threads we used to have

just to get a better understanding of the bundle lets look at U2 vs U3 US sales for some time periods

U3 sold 1.25M in its first 9 weeks in US

U2 sold 866k 1st 9 weeks in US and for all of 09 (which is more realistic to comapare for U3 b/c U2 wouldnt be as frontloaded as 3 was, along with userbase size, and hype) it was 1.1M w/o being "heavily bundled" in US

Play Me

Turkish said:
Uncharted is a bigger franchise then God of War now. God of War Chains of Olympus sold more then 3 million units on the PSP.

Uncharted Golden Abyss is the only launch game and only prominent Vita game that people will buy for months to come. Just like people flocked to Resistance 1 on the launch of PS3, so will people flock to Uncharted with the launch of Vita me thinks.

Well Uncharted Vita could sell 5 Milions, problem is that there´s no 5M Vitas out there... Yet.

Seece said:
osamanobama said:

especially since the Uncharted dual pack has worked wonders for the sales of the first 2. $40 for 2 games is a great deal. and Uncharted has shown to have great legs

Gees what a terribly biased post. U3 barely managed 3.5m in 2011 and it was heavily bundled, and you expect it to come on par with Gears 3? You're aware each iteration isn't going to see the same legs right? U2 made the series popular which meant U3 was more front loaded.

heavily bundled? you mean the one and only limited console bundle? the same thing Gears had, a limited console bundle.

and Uncharted 3 is way out pacing Uncharted 2, which is well on its way to 6 million, i expect at the minimum Uncharted 3 will sell the same as UC2.

they shipped 3.8 million the first day, i can only expect they have shipped more since, we have absolutely no reason to belive it will sell less than Uncharted 2.

and you have a very long history of HUGELY underpricting the sales of Uncharted games.

for your last point, if a game like God of War can sell over 3.1 million on PSP, then i see absolutely no reason to suspect anything significantly less from a launch Uncharted game, a series that is bigger than the GoW series.

what exactly is so biased about this, please give your predictions, and we will see which one is more biased, and in a couple years, we will see which is more acurate. i am willing to bet that more will be very accurate, significantly more than yours as well.

please correct the record, please give some "non biased" predictions. until then we have no reason to believe each Uncharted game wont out sell the last entry, any more so than we do about Gears 3 out selling 2. (well Gears 3 was frontloaded, and was heavily bundled, right?)

I swear ioi just pays some of you to keep the forums busy..,

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Seece said:
osamanobama said:

heavily bundled? you mean the one and only limited console bundle? the same thing Gears had, a limited console bundle.

and Uncharted 3 is way out pacing Uncharted 2, which is well on its way to 6 million, i expect at the minimum Uncharted 3 will sell the same as UC2.

they shipped 3.8 million the first day, i can only expect they have shipped more since, we have absolutely no reason to belive it will sell less than Uncharted 2.

and you have a very long history of HUGELY underpricting the sales of Uncharted games.

for your last point, if a game like God of War can sell over 3.1 million on PSP, then i see absolutely no reason to suspect anything significantly less from a launch Uncharted game, a series that is bigger than the GoW series.

what exactly is so biased about this, please give your predictions, and we will see which one is more biased, and in a couple years, we will see which is more acurate. i am willing to bet that more will be very accurate, significantly more than yours as well.

please correct the record, please give some "non biased" predictions. until then we have no reason to believe each Uncharted game wont out sell the last entry, any more so than we do about Gears 3 out selling 2. (well it was frontloaded, and was heavily bundled, right?)

you misspelled believe, i hate that its my favorite word to use on this site, along with under predict when you were referring to seece HUGELY under predicting the sales of uncharted games

i dont believe they reshipped again atleast in 2011

Play Me

no, i dont think so. since the digital copies of the gears of war series arent being counted in there total on this site, i would the cap is definitely higher. i think the two series will ending up being close in total sales, when its all said and done though.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

BHR-3 said:
thehusbo said:

U3 was "heavily bundled"? Where and when was this? It was barely bundled at all compared to some games so...?

And why is 3.5million for uncharted GA "laughable"?

i agree, in my region it looked like it had the same stock as I2 bundle, meaning very low i saw very little of those two bundles at my retailers, i think the reason for this was b/c of the very good value $299 for 320gb and $60 game during that time 320gb stand alones where 299,  also from what i remebered it was a US only release

As a worker at an undisclosed retailer, I can say with confidence that we sold way, way, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more Uncharted bundles than Infamous 2 bundles, especially when they were both on discount during the holidays. We still have a ton of inFAMOUS bundles, but we ran out of Uncharted a while ago.

Seece said:
osamanobama said:

I agree about UC3 but he could be right about Golden Abyss. God of War, a less selling series managed to do over 3 million, so it's certainly possible for Uncharted to do the same, even if it is a bit optimistic. It certainly isn't laughable.

Turkish said:
Uncharted is a bigger franchise then God of War now. God of War Chains of Olympus sold more then 3 million units on the PSP.

Uncharted Golden Abyss is the only launch game and only prominent Vita game that people will buy for months to come. Just like people flocked to Resistance 1 on the launch of PS3, so will people flock to Uncharted with the launch of Vita me thinks.

We're talking about Gears of War not God of War... God of War is selling amazingly well considering it doesn't have MP/or co-op (is now one/the biggest selling point of a game nowdays.) . God of War 4 is likely to have co-op and possibly an online mode which means it can most probably boost over Uncharted.