By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Uncharted franchise pass Gears of War in 2012?

People have got to shut up with Uncharted 3 being bundled the crap out of.
1. It's bundled as much as any other big exclusive that came out this year.
2. There is only one bundle which is only available in North America.
3. It's $50 more than the cost of a PS3 (160gb) which is plentiful of space but people are buying it due to the fact that it's from a critically acclaimed series and a critically acclaimed game. People aren't just going spend $50 for more space.
4. It's a system seller... PS3 just had it's biggest November in the the U.S.A. (by a large margin) and the deals were worse than 360 and Wii despite that it sold more than the Wii in the U.S.A.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
3. It's $50 more than the cost of a PS3 (160gb) which is plentiful of space but people are buying it due to the fact that it's from a critically acclaimed series and a critically acclaimed game. People aren't just going spend $50 for more space.
4. It's a system seller... PS3 just had it's biggest November in the the U.S.A. (by a large margin) and the deals were worse than 360 and Wii despite that it sold more than the Wii in the U.S.A.

I'm not arguing about how much of Uncharted 3's sales are due to bundling. It may not be a ton. I know that, in my district, UC3 was used to push PS3's exaclty because of this bundle.

The GEars 3 bundle was not even a third as numerous as the UC3 bundle was, though. Let's be clear on that point.

Edit: To illustrate the point, there are still plenty of inFAMOUS 2 bundles floating around, but nobody really wants them. It's definitely a case of Uncharted pushing the bundle more than the bundle pushing Uncharted, though some careful marketing and handselling with the Uncharted DOuble Pack has definitely helped.

mitlar37 said:

UC3 has been bundled for free since Black friday, which was 3 weeks after release. It still is the ONLY $299 320g PS3 you can buy. 'nuff said.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_PlayStation3

i knew it

Why include UC:GA, a next gen title ;_;

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Why include UC:GA, a next gen title ;_;

My thoughts exactly.

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:
mitlar37 said:

UC3 has been bundled for free since Black friday, which was 3 weeks after release. It still is the ONLY $299 320g PS3 you can buy. 'nuff said.

i knew it

Ah, when I saw you were the last poster, I was expecting a "truer words" post.

Jay520 said:
ZaneWane said:
mitlar37 said:

i knew it

"i knew it" "sore loser" "truer words" take your pick, his posting ability is dazzling

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Jay520 said:
ZaneWane said:
mitlar37 said:

i knew it

"i knew it" "sore loser" "truer words" take your pick, his posting ability is dazzling

dont forget "Q4T"

Sure, why not, as long as

1. All Uncharted games still keeps on selling decently (Or at least U2 and U3 still keep on selling) - could happen
2. Uncharted: Golden Abyss sells like crazy shit - who knows, maybe
3. All GoW games stop selling or are discontinued - no way in hell happening

Khuutra said:
dsage01 said:

I'm not arguing about how much of Uncharted 3's sales are due to bundling. It may not be a ton. I know that, in my district, UC3 was used to push PS3's exaclty because of this bundle.

The GEars 3 bundle was not even a third as numerous as the UC3 bundle was, though. Let's be clear on that point.

Edit: To illustrate the point, there are still plenty of inFAMOUS 2 bundles floating around, but nobody really wants them. It's definitely a case of Uncharted pushing the bundle more than the bundle pushing Uncharted, though some careful marketing and handselling with the Uncharted DOuble Pack has definitely helped.

The Gears of War tripple pack also sold well. And yes the Gears of War bundle was worlwide and like the Uncharted bundle it pushed 360 sales. The 360 bundle I beleive included a limited edition 360, headset, and two special Gears of War controllers. And don't forget Gears of War 3 and the Gears of War 3 bundle was much more hyped/frontloaded than Uncharted 3 or what the Uncharted 3 bundle was. Uncharted 3 sold great in North America according to NPD (which does not include bundles and the bundles only occured in that region and in Canada) Both Gears of War and Uncharted 3 were bundled but this holiday season Uncharted 3 was more bundled but Gears of War 3 came pretty close to it. And if Gears of War 3 follows Gears of War, Halo's, Fable's, Forza's, Alan Wake's etc. pattern it will be much more bundled starting from the middle/end of this year. Uncharted 3 will be bundled 2012 holiday season as well but not to the extent Gears of War 3 will be bundled based on previous history. But if there is even one bundle for Uncharted 3 Xbox fanboys will come out and annoy the shit out of Uncharted fans despite Gears of War 3 being given away for free with 4 other games and $50 off on an Xbox 360 on top of that. What ever happened to Sony fans being annoying.