By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Recommend me a good PS1/PS2 JRPG

Tagged games:

Michael-5 said:

Are they significantly better then Suikoden 3-5? I have 3 and 4, and Teikerias or whatever for the DS. Probably going to play Teikerias first as I still play my DS often where PS2/PS1 I have to be in the mood to start and finish 1 JRPG at a time.

Suikoden 2 is the best in the series. Suikoden, while it has obvious problems, links to Suikoden 2 in certain ways from characters to story points. To get the most enjoyable experience from Suiko 2 I'd advise you to play the original. You don't have to, but if you do you get a better feeling from Suiko 2.

Fantastic games. 

Acevil said:

TAKE THAT BACK! Never call Squaresoft that name!

Sorry!

Square-Enix

Vivi can set fire to 'em

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

Are they significantly better then Suikoden 3-5? I have 3 and 4, and Teikerias or whatever for the DS. Probably going to play Teikerias first as I still play my DS often where PS2/PS1 I have to be in the mood to start and finish 1 JRPG at a time.

Suikoden 2 is the best in the series. Suikoden, while it has obvious problems, links to Suikoden 2 in certain ways from characters to story points. To get the most enjoyable experience from Suiko 2 I'd advise you to play the original. You don't have to, but if you do you get a better feeling from Suiko 2.

Fantastic games. 

One day I will, I have heard great things, even from friends who don't normally like/play JRPG's. However Suikoden 1 & 2 are expensive and rare to find cheap. I'll put them at the top of my priority list, and won't judge the franchise off 3, or 4.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

One day I will, I have heard great things, even from friends who don't normally like/play JRPG's. However Suikoden 1 & 2 are expensive and rare to find cheap. I'll put them at the top of my priority list, and won't judge the franchise off 3, or 4.

I'm not 100% sure on this... But aren't they both on the US PSN store?

I know for sure that Suikoden is, not 100% sure on Suikoden 2 though...

To judge Suikoden on Suikoden 4 would be the biggest mistake anyone ever made 3 is a great game but 4 is widely regarded as the worst in the series.

Suikoden 2 also has some geat sprites. I'd say it's the best looking 2D game with sprites Shits on the 3D Final Fantasy games.

"Die, pig"

Suikoden 1, 2

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm not 100% sure on this... But aren't they both on the US PSN store?

I know for sure that Suikoden is, not 100% sure on Suikoden 2 though...

To judge Suikoden on Suikoden 4 would be the biggest mistake anyone ever made 3 is a great game but 4 is widely regarded as the worst in the series.

I like to own some sort of hard copy of the game. Doesn't matter if it's a PS1 copy, or a compilation disk, or a PSP game (I know Suikoden only comes on PS1), it's just more rewarding playing a game you have a hard copy of.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

I like to own some sort of hard copy of the game. Doesn't matter if it's a PS1 copy, or a compilation disk, or a PSP game (I know Suikoden only comes on PS1), it's just more rewarding playing a game you have a hard copy of.

I know that feeling. Suikoden and Suikoden 2 are probably my most prized possesions

If you can understand Japanese, there was a PSP updated compilation released exclusively over there. If not, and the games are too much to buy, I'd even say that the games are worth pirating. Yep, I said it.

Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

I know that feeling. Suikoden and Suikoden 2 are probably my most prized possesions

If you can understand Japanese, there was a PSP updated compilation released exclusively over there. If not, and the games are too much to buy, I'd even say that the games are worth pirating. Yep, I said it.

I HATE YOU ALL! T_T

(Given I do hope they upload suikoden 2 to the SEN)

Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

My prised posession is Mario Kart 64 in box, LOL.

One day I'll get it. Got a few copies of Radiant Historia to sell in a few years, worst case by then.

Realistically after I beat some other JRPG's....there are a lot of RPG's coming out this year. Mass Effect 3, XenoBlade, The Witcher 2 (for 360), Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Tales of the Abyss...and I still want to get Chrono Cross out of the way first.

Found a different store nearby, they sell games pretty cheap. They had Master Quest and Collectors Ed Zelda for Gamecube for $60 each a month ago (was in a hurry so I didn't get them), and those sell for $250 combined on ebay. I'll keep calling in, asking for copies of those Zeldas, Suikoden 1 & 2, and Skies of Arcadia...then my goal will be to go through my RPG's before I get anymore because I think I will have all the best ones for each system with Suikoden and Skies of Arcadia, up to SNES (not including).

Carl2291 said:
Michael-5 said:

My prised posession is Mario Kart 64 in box, LOL.

One day I'll get it. Got a few copies of Radiant Historia to sell in a few years, worst case by then.

Realistically after I beat some other JRPG's....there are a lot of RPG's coming out this year. Mass Effect 3, XenoBlade, The Witcher 2 (for 360), Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Tales of the Abyss...and I still want to get Chrono Cross out of the way first.

Found a different store nearby, they sell games pretty cheap. They had Master Quest and Collectors Ed Zelda for Gamecube for $60 each a month ago (was in a hurry so I didn't get them), and those sell for $250 combined on ebay. I'll keep calling in, asking for copies of those Zeldas, Suikoden 1 & 2, and Skies of Arcadia...then my goal will be to go through my RPG's before I get anymore because I think I will have all the best ones for each system with Suikoden and Skies of Arcadia, up to SNES (not including).