By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Recommend me a good PS1/PS2 JRPG

Tagged games:

One thing about Chrono Cross.
Try to not get your expectations too high on that one. It's a great game but it's absolutely not what you'd expect from a CT sequel.
Superb soundtrack though.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

Persona 3 Fes and persona 4, some of the best jrpgs of all time.

Simulacrum said:
Grandia is best game ever.

Yea, it looks real good. Problem is it's expensive retail. Going to have to go nuts garage sale hunting, or just get it over PSN one day. If I don't find it after I beat a few JRPG's I'm working on, I'll get it on PSN or online at a high price. That and Grandia 2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Play Chrono Trigger.

I beat it, it and Super Mario RPG are my favorite JRPG's ever. Own both, and planning to work on Chrono Cross now.

Hm...how about Legend of Dragoon?

Just bought that today, it's on my to do list after Chrono Cross, XenoGears, and likely XenoBlade and Tales of Vesperia (already started it, so I kind of want to finish it).

Legend of Dragoon is the good stuff, take my word for it!

Oh yea, my retro gaming is getting a good fix for the next few months. Who needs current gen games when the best RPG's are old school. Can't wait for XenoBlade.

Xenoblade is current gen =D

BasilZero said:
kiefer23 said:

Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Skies of Arcadia, Star Ocean II and III, Rogue Galaxy, Suikoden 1 and 2. All must have Rpgs.

Brave Fencer Musashi is also very good and I seem to have fond memories of Azure Dreams too..

The first two are exclusive to the Xbox360 o.O

it's sad Tales of Vesperia in English is ony on XBOX 360 but if you don't mind importing 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Simulacrum said:
Grandia is best game ever.

Yea, it looks real good. Problem is it's expensive retail. Going to have to go nuts garage sale hunting, or just get it over PSN one day. If I don't find it after I beat a few JRPG's I'm working on, I'll get it on PSN or online at a high price. That and Grandia 2.

After Grandia 1, I don't think you like Grandia 2.Too dark/evil after Grandia 1.

Take my love, take my land..

Xenogears, Chrono Cross and Shadow Hearts 1&2 are rpg's you need to have played before you die!

Also better Shin Megami Tensei games: Digital Devil Saga 1&2, a lot better than the Persona series!

Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Play Chrono Trigger.

I beat it, it and Super Mario RPG are my favorite JRPG's ever. Own both, and planning to work on Chrono Cross now.

Hm...how about Legend of Dragoon?

Just bought that today, it's on my to do list after Chrono Cross, XenoGears, and likely XenoBlade and Tales of Vesperia (already started it, so I kind of want to finish it).

For how much did you buy Legend of Dragoon? Its one of those legendary rare rpgs, cheapest price around here is 80 euros.

oh I just remembered another one of my favorites!

The first RPG released on the PS1. World map, random battles, turn-base, and a good amount of side quests.

Beyond the Beyond. It was my first RPG after FF2 & 3 (U.S). And I must say, it was really enjoyable. The one obvious negative thing about the game was high/frequent random battles in some dungeons.

It is pretty cliche but you do have a pet Dragon xD

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Here's a sample. sheesh watching that video reminded of how frequent those battles were. bllaaah.I still love that game. Read the comments in that video to get a good idea of what you'd expect from the game. Even the haters have good points. But if you're looking for hidden classics, Beyond the Beyond might as well be one.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson