By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 early specs 'more powerful' than Xbox 720, claims source

As longs as its easy to develop for, I'm all for it. If we get another PS3-type system with crappy propriety crap, then it's gonna be another last place PS3 type gen.

Which Sony looks to be abandoning proprietary, the Vita uses all parts widely used in smartphones (except the quad core which is just a future evolution that phones will get in the near future)

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
So they know the final clock speed and enough specifications 18 months out to make a judgement like that?

This.

Heck, there are still people debating about 360 vs PS3 for processing power etc. I doubt these people know anything tbh.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Slimebeast said:
Damnyouall said:

Microsoft's machine will beat Sony's to market "if only by months".

Why are they always like this? As if they both wouldn't come out in November. I hated the Wii U speculation of release, "after Quarter 1 of 2012 when Nintendo's next financial year starts", "second half 2012", as if the Wii U could be re released at any other time than the Holiday season.  Consoles always launch in November!! and so will both Xbox 3 and PS4.

3DS wasn't released in november and it is still a console, even though a handheld console. And PSVita is released outside holiday season in both NA and Europe. And PS3 was released in Europe in march outside holiday season. So consoles aren't always released in november. 

I agree with Slimebeast, never get people who speculated Wii U(or any other console) will launch any other period than the Holidays, Spring release? Summer release? Q1 2012 release? People got to be joking lol.

I say 720/PS4 release both Holidays 2013.

Squilliam said:
So they know the final clock speed and enough specifications 18 months out to make a judgement like that?

You'd be surprised Squilliam.  Like, I remember a good year before the 360 released I used leaked 360 spec sheet as a basis for a presentation (We had to take an English writing class in our program and a presentation was an assignment).  The specs that were in those sheets were spot on to release; right down to the registers.  If Microsoft plans to launch in 2013; the hardware is already finalized (Same with Sony).

Around the Network

The dick measuring competition has begun, despite the fact that both contestants are still denying they have one in the first place...

2 years until ps4? ALRIGHT!

we dont need new consoles.

Wouldn't really be surprised. Sony always likes to position itself as being the "superior" choice when it comes to graphics and stuff in the gaming industry. PSP, PS3, Vita, and now possibly this. Well, for one thing everytime it tried to do something like this it screws up. Not to say the superior graphics and engines are a stupid idea, but somehow Sony always got it wrong.

Let's hope this time it actually works for them.

Oh lord, its already beginning...