By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 early specs 'more powerful' than Xbox 720, claims source

Squilliam said:
So they know the final clock speed and enough specifications 18 months out to make a judgement like that?

Why would they need to know that to know "PlayStation 4's early technical specifications are looking "more powerful" than those of Microsoft's next-generation Xbox targets"? Nowhere is it claimed anything about final specs, thos final specs are unlikely to diverge to far from the early specs so if one is targetting higher end hardware now final specs will likely reflect that.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

As long as the difference is like the difference with PS3 and 360 there isn't much reason to wait for the ps4 to release. It took three years before you could barely see a noticeable improvement in graphics. the same thing happened with the Xbox and Ps2. Developer are lazy and only exclusives will show any type of improvement in graphics

Meh will wait for E3, better to get official information then just rumours.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Seems like we are going to have a WiiU = PS2, X720 = GC and PS4 = Xbox in terms of power. Sales, however... who knows.

X720 seems like the more likely to win though, and no console will take longer than 18 months from now to release. Thinking PS4 and X720 will release 2014-2015 is delusional.

The bear has spoken.

haxxiy said:

Seems like we are going to have a WiiU = PS2, X720 = GC and PS4 = Xbox in terms of power. Sales, however... who knows.

X720 seems like the more likely to win though, and no console will take longer than 18 months from now to release. Thinking PS4 and X720 will release 2014-2015 is delusional.

The bear has spoken.

more likely we will see at least

Wii U = Dreamcast

X720 = GC

PS4 = Xbox

And that is if Sony and MS are conservative 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
JGarret said:
So, if they´re correct about the 'X720' launching late 2013 and being available months before the PS4, then 2014 for the PS4.

WiiU --- late this year
X720 --- late next year
PS4 --- spring 2014?

Sounds reasonable.

sounds like a reasonable plan for sony to be screwed next gen...

brendude13 said:

Power doesn't matter for me. As a graphics whore, the best graphics would be a nice bonus on my system of choice, but it isn't crucial. I would much rather have a successful, underpowered console like the PS2 so that more developers jump on board.

I don't trust this rumour, bundling "Kinect 2.0" would be a bad idea, unless the hardware is low power then the system will cost a fortune. It would get a lot of sales from the casual market though, which I think Microsoft should go after considering their recent success and the fact that the Wii U is apparently targeted towards the hardcore market.

yeah and if they bundling in next box i bet next box will freaking huge since next box also have DVR function

zarx said:
haxxiy said:

The bear has spoken.

more likely we will see at least

Wii U = Dreamcast

X720 = GC

PS4 = Xbox

And that is if Sony and MS are conservative 

OFC. Always expect the absolute worst from Nintendo and the absolute best from Sony and MS. That's how we roll.

2013 will mean the 360 will be 8 years old and the PS3 will be 7. Both consoles are expected to come out then.

I dont know, seems MS should do a 2012 launch, the only reason because they need a head start like this gen. being 7 years old is justifiable enough to start a new gen. "Months" isnt gonna mean much when Sony has Japan in their pocket.

But its great to hear that Sony isnt learning from their mistakes. More power = bigger cost.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Let's be honest Here.... what are the odds of someone knowing the specs of both machines?
MS are one of the most secretive companies when it comes to R&D. Because they put the fear into their employees that if they tell they will get sued.

The chances that someone has been told the specs of both machines is low. The chances of that same person then going to the media to talk to a fanboy magazine is zero. They would easily be found out so doubt they would risk it.

If either of the consoles are a minimum of a year away I doubt the final specs would even exist...