By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot is right... Skyward Swords controls are bad.

You should tell your mom to try Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz instead.

That game is much easier to control.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

There's so little to find in the overworld, just a bunch of tiny floating rocks.

Wait, I thought you were a fan of Wind Waker.

I'm not so crazy about the overworld either, but I think it's a... slight improvement.

SvennoJ said:

I can't remember the 2nd phase already, it did not leave an impression. I remember him trying to stick his tongue in my ear and then taking his clothes off... Then in the first phase he keeps grabbing your sword. "Hit differently from where you are pointing the remote" What? No clue how I got passed that. I kept trying to point the sword to one side, then quickly hit from the other side but it kept interpreting me wrong. I was about to plug the controller into port 2 when some hits finally registered and he went to the next phase.

You have to wait until he's standing right in front of you to make his hand stop following your every move. It only makes sense after he's blocked your attack for the umpteenth time. After all, the guy doesn't even try to attack you.

And the second phase isn't that good, but it is the first moment in the game where an enemy actually tries to attack you, albeit half-assedly. (a few counter-attacks here and there don't count)

Korppi said:
SvennoJ said:

There's so little to find in the overworld, just a bunch of tiny floating rocks.

Wait, I thought you were a fan of Wind Waker.

I'm not so crazy about the overworld either, but I think it's a... slight improvement.

SvennoJ said:

I can't remember the 2nd phase already, it did not leave an impression. I remember him trying to stick his tongue in my ear and then taking his clothes off... Then in the first phase he keeps grabbing your sword. "Hit differently from where you are pointing the remote" What? No clue how I got passed that. I kept trying to point the sword to one side, then quickly hit from the other side but it kept interpreting me wrong. I was about to plug the controller into port 2 when some hits finally registered and he went to the next phase.

You have to wait until he's standing right in front of you to make his hand stop following your every move. It only makes sense after he's blocked your attack for the umpteenth time. After all, the guy doesn't even try to attack you.

And the second phase isn't that good, but it is the first moment in the game where an enemy actually tries to attack you, albeit half-assedly. (a few counter-attacks here and there don't count)

Windwaker is my favorite Zelda. That's probably why I'm so disappointed with SS overworld. It looks like it wants to replicate Windwaker but it's nothing like it. Windwaker had lots of bigger islands and plenty of stuff going on in the ocean as well. Plus you actually sail to the locations instead of teleporting. And you can control the camera in Windwaker so you can look anywhere you want while walking / sailing without having to go in first person mode. My biggest gripe with motion controls is that it takes away the ability to look up and down easily.

Thanks for explaining the first phase, makes sense now how I got some hits in eventually. I remember the 2nd part now, it would probably have been more fun with a shield, those don't last long :) Went fine with just the sword anyway.

I'll get back to Zelda eventually, Dark souls is absorbing my time at the moment. (That also has some control issues, weird bug where it doesn't execute a roll, then suddenly executes it out of context next time you block a hit)

am i the only one who never had any problem with the control from the beginning ?

leader_e said:
am i the only one who never had any problem with the control from the beginning ?

That's because you're not a waggling soccer-mom.

Gamespot is right... waggle doesn't work --> controls are broken, for a Wii game...

Around the Network
ninty_shareholder64 said:
leader_e said:

Gamespot is right... waggle doesn't work --> controls are broken, for a Wii game...

To prevent oneself from looking silly, one should take the time to read the thread.

As for the bolded, if you also took the time to read the thread you would realize that more than just "soccer-mom's" had issue with the ceremonial race with the Loftwings. Quite a few people here, including well known Nintendo fans admitted to this. Heck, some had more issue with skydiving them they did riding the Loftwings.

Not to mention you would have also realized the thread was made in a humorous nature. All here understand the game has a learing curve early on.

So cool off, take a breather, and just join the fun.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Maybe your mom sucks at videogames.

Euphoria14 said:
ninty_shareholder64 said:
leader_e said:

To prevent oneself from looking silly, one should take the time to read the thread.

As for the bolded, if you also took the time to read the thread you would realize that more than just "soccer-mom's" had issue with the ceremonial race with the Loftwings. Quite a few people here, including well known Nintendo fans admitted to this. Heck, some had more issue with skydiving them they did riding the Loftwings.

Not to mention you would have also realized the thread was made in a humorous nature. All here understand the game has a learing curve early on.

So cool off, take a breather, and just join the fun.

I had fun!

At first i wanted to write: "Well then she sucks and needs to learn how to use the Wiimote properly"

But then i tried a bit different with the Gamespot logic,...ok it's your mom, sry.

pezus said:
NintendoFanDj said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Personally I'd much rather use the classic controller (closest thing to a Dualshock3-Sixaxis controller) but I just gave the game's controls time and I've gotten used to them now.

You mean closest to the SNES controller which is the SNES controller with trigger and analog stick which the Sony Controller copied off of. So basically DualShock 3-Sixaxis Controller is a SNES Sony style controller.

Lol sure bob, Sony copied the SNES controller...

Actually they did XD

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

So how's your mom lately? We want to know what happens next. She's the latest internet sensation.