By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot is right... Skyward Swords controls are bad.

I want your mom so badly right now.

*edit* Beaten by Galaki!!

Around the Network

I actually really liked the controls for Skyward Sword, I felt a lot more free with them than any other Zelda game, and it is the first Zelda game since Ocarina of Time that I am looking forward to replaying.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don't like the controls either. I can't even tell exactly why, but they are easily what I like least about Skyward Sword.

Chrizum said:
Euphoria14 said:
Chrizum said:
Well, your mom got a handle on the controls last night ZING! Can you dig it?

Sorry pal but she complained that those controls were too small, even for her small hands.

She's just saying that so she can keep the game for herself. But don't worry, she got a tight grip on the ol' Mastersword I'll say!

I thought the small one was the Kokiri Sword?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

NintendoFanDj said:
Euphoria14 said:
ALRIGHT! SHE DID IT!!!!

She said her problem was that she was trying to catch the bird icon above the bird and not the bird itself, LMFAO!

Anyways she is relaxed now.

What an awesome time I just had. Seriously made my day.

You just wasted my time yesterday.

Hey, nobody told you to spend your day in this thread.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

Actually, that was the only awkward controlling part in the game for me so far.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I considered myself a big Zelda fan. I've been playing the series since the original on the Nes. I didn't find anything wrong with the controls but this is the least engaging Zelda game I have ever played. In the past, when I play a Zelda game, nothing else matters until I finish it. I even got Twilight Princess after I got an Xbox 360 and that 360 gathered dust for a week while I blew through the game.

I played through OoT3D (the game that made me buy a 3DS) and Twilight Princess again, this year and really enjoyed them a lot. Both times, I came on VGChartz to comment about them being the best games ever made as I was playing them. This hasn't been the case with Skyward Sword.

I bought the game on the Wednesday before Black Friday. I even grabbed the version with the CD and the Gold Wii Remote. It was going to be on sale on Black Friday, too. I couldn't wait. I was too excited! I had to have my Zelda game that day!! Here we are, over a month later and I still haven't even made it to the first dungeon. I don't even have a desire to play it.

When I do finally play it, I suspect I will love it but a few hours in, I didn't feel any reason to go on with the game.

Faxanadu said:
Actually, that was the only awkward controlling part in the game for me so far.

It seems that so far it has been the only awkward part for her as well.

Also, looking back at this thread and some of the comments, I now realize how much fun you can have with people who post after reading just the title and nothing within the OP itself.

Currently playing:

d21lewis said:
I considered myself a big Zelda fan. I've been playing the series since the original on the Nes. I didn't find anything wrong with the controls but this is the least engaging Zelda game I have ever played. In the past, when I play a Zelda game, nothing else matters until I finish it. I even got Twilight Princess after I got an Xbox 360 and that 360 gathered dust for a week while I blew through the game.

I played through OoT3D (the game that made me buy a 3DS) and Twilight Princess again, this year and really enjoyed them a lot. Both times, I came on VGChartz to comment about them being the best games ever made as I was playing them. This hasn't been the case with Skyward Sword.

I bought the game on the Wednesday before Black Friday. I even grabbed the version with the CD and the Gold Wii Remote. It was going to be on sale on Black Friday, too. I couldn't wait. I was too excited! I had to have my Zelda game that day!! Here we are, over a month later and I still haven't even made it to the first dungeon. I don't even have a desire to play it.

When I do finally play it, I suspect I will love it but a few hours in, I didn't feel any reason to go on with the game.

One who does not stick with Zelda through the thick and the thin?

Tsk tsk tsk... i expected more from the man who wants to be with my Mom...

For shame...

For... shame...

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
d21lewis said:

One who does not stick with Zelda through the thick and the thin?

Tsk tsk tsk... i expected more from the man who wants to be with my Mom...

For shame...

For... shame...

Okay.  I'll do it.  I'll do it out of respect for your mother.  That woman means more to me than the air I breathe.  I won't have a day off from work until Monday but I will make it my mission to focus on Skyward Sword.  It'll be the first game I finish in 2012.  Your mom deserves no less than that.