By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When was the last time you played ps1/n64 era?

I played Mario Kart 64 yesterday with my Sis and my Girlfriend. We only played for half an hour before we went back to play Mario Kart 7.

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros 64

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

NiKKoM said:
hatmoza said:
I'm playing Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross simultaneously.

It's actually my first time playing Trigger. I can see why so many love the game. I can appreciate it.
However my love for Cross is stronger. One of my all time favorite games.

Anyways, yeah OP, I'm playing Chrono Cross as we speak.

Aw.... you used to be awesome... but now... I can't have anal sex with you any more...

ot: it's think it was rayman 2 on my iphone... more classics should appear on the phones.. *continous playing Chrono Trigger on the iPhone*

I never said I hated Chrono Trigger!

Please still have butt secks with me!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

spurgeonryan said:
lestatdark said:
Pretty much anytime I want, but the last time that I did was to replay a bit of Parasite Eve on my PSP. As for N64, I took Jet Force Gemini a spin a couple of months ago.

You should have added Saturn to that list. Some of us here gave some loved to that ill-fated machine! You shall never be forgotten, dear Saturn

Jet Force Gemini. Recently a friend and I started out to beat the game 100 percent. When I had the game 10 years ago, I had it stolen before I could make it to the last tribal guy and get the part. Oh my God I have spent 100's of hours on that game now. Also erased my game once...

That is a  great game, Rare should remake it for the 360, just don't make it too strange Rare! Perfect Dark and Banjo did not have the same feeling on the 360 as they did on the 64.

I really hope current Rare doesn't dare to touch the N64 classics. The only good remake they made was Conker's Bad Fur Day and that was because most of the original team was still around.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

A few months ago I downloaded mario party 2 from the Virtual console. My brother and I played that game to completion, 50 turns with hard computers. Plenty of fun, and it made me wish that mario party 3 was available to download!

On a tangent, If you don't like Mario party 1 or 2, then your opinion on the Mario party series means nothing to me.I love arguing on gameFAQS, telling everyone that the series needs to return to its roots.

Around the Network

Probably 2002.

LordTheNightKnight said:
spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Super Mario worldis a game that Can be played over and over again. And the star road always sucks!

Yeah it does... I hate the 2nd and 7th levels of star road the most.  The ones with those damn P baloons and the walking, hopping fire.  WFT???

How many times does it still take you to get that first P balloon level done?  Lol! But when you finish the star road you feel like you really accomplished something other than getting a new weapon, like they do in today's games.

That's the special world, not the star road.

Well played, sir.  Though I always considered the "special" stages to simply be an extention of the star road, but point taken nonetheless.  When Ryan said the star road sucks though, we all knew he was talking about the special stages and not the 1-Up fests that were the actual star road stages (except for the last one with the key that unlocks the special area of course).

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I open up my N64 every couple of months, if i'm at home and have a gap of a week or so between beating a game and buying a new game. Some age better than others, just like any generation

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BTW, I still have my PS1 and N64 ready to play on our TV, and have a few such games on our Virtual Console and PSP.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP which is pretty much the same game as it was on the PS1 except for added cut scenes and a few extra features its still a great game.