By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When was the last time you played ps1/n64 era?

I haven't played N64/PS1 games in a while, though I have played them this gen

I like to play NES/SNES games more

Around the Network

Pretty much anytime I want, but the last time that I did was to replay a bit of Parasite Eve on my PSP. As for N64, I took Jet Force Gemini a spin a couple of months ago.

You should have added Saturn to that list. Some of us here gave some loved to that ill-fated machine! You shall never be forgotten, dear Saturn

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I went on an NTSC PSX binge early this year, playing the likes of Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Tales of Destiny and Valkyrie Profile. I would recommend all of them.

I play N64 and Sega Saturn games quite a lot. But I rarely use my old Playstation. On Saturn I like to replay the Panzer Dragoon games, especially Panzer Dragoon Saga. I also love Sega Rally and Daytona USA. Burning Rangers, Tomb Raider, Magic Knight Rayearth, and Shining Force 3 are games I go back to from time to time. For the n64, I like to hit up Mario 64 and Zelda OoT every year or two.

I go back to the 16 and 8 bit gens a lot too. And I play a lot of old classic PC games like Quake, Doom, Descent, Terminal Velocity, etc.

About a year back, most games I played on N64 are emulatable so it's no really a necessity, but sometimes I pull the N64 out of the closet.

Around the Network

I think I have a pretty good mix of retro and current games in my library. We play a lot of Crash Bandicoot and CTR on our PSP's. I have a lot of Virtual Console titles on my Wii and I play a fair amount of Pokemon Puzzle League.

I don't have an actual PS1 anymore and my N64 is in several locations at once (controller here, power supply there, etc.). If I play a game from that era, it's on newer hardware.

hatmoza said:
I'm playing Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross simultaneously.

It's actually my first time playing Trigger. I can see why so many love the game. I can appreciate it.
However my love for Cross is stronger. One of my all time favorite games.

Anyways, yeah OP, I'm playing Chrono Cross as we speak.

Aw.... you used to be awesome... but now... I can't have anal sex with you any more...

ot: it's think it was rayman 2 on my iphone... more classics should appear on the phones.. *continous playing Chrono Trigger on the iPhone*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I've never owned an N64 and my Ps1 is broken, still I play N64 on VC from time to time (expecially Mario Kart 64), or my Ps1 games on windows with an emulator.

Not as much as I would like.

Last week I was playing FF8, and I still love it, The music, the battle system, the cardgame, oh the days of old...
Getting lost in an imaginery world with lots of stuff to do and see.
It's a blessing and a curse to love games like that.

spurgeonryan said:
Baalzamon said:
If you count PS1 Classics? I just played and beat Spyro 120% this week.

What was the extra 20 percent? Secrets? I only played the demo that came in the Playstation magazine back then.

Throughout the game, there is a number of statues you need to unfreeze as well as around 10,000-11,000 coins (a lot count as more than one coin) to be collected.  If you unfreeze every statue and collect every single coin, as well as collecting the 10 eggs from the first two worlds, you will get 100% completion.  Upon getting 100% completion, in the final world, an additional level will open up that contains 2000 more coins.  After collecting all of these, you will have 120% completion.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.