By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Skyrim worth the chance?

I got Skyrim as a Christmas present on the PS3, but am reconsidering opening the game after hearing all the problems. How does the game play after the recent patch?

Around the Network

It plays well. Bookshelves are working correctly now.

I feel like im having dejavu...

Might as well,, supposed to be a patch coming early next year to deal with the lag. (doubt it will change much)

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

You will NOT regret opening it. It does have alot of bugs, but they get patched rather quickly. Also, Skyrim is an amazing game. :)

%20<script%20type=%22text/javascript%22%20src=%22http:/scm.hypster.com/script.php%22%20>

Around the Network
Tigerlure said:

I got Skyrim as a Christmas present on the PS3, but am reconsidering opening the game after hearing all the problems. How does the game play after the recent patch?

from what I've heard most ps3 owners started experiencing issues after 60+ hours. IMO the game is already worth it if you spend that much time playing it. I have no idea about how the ps3 version is after the patch though since I only own the PC version.

Well the game itself is brilliant, though as got the Xbox version, I can't comment on the bug issues

No you won't regret it. Yes there can be some pretty big problems for the PS3 version but what you have been hearing on this website about the game being unplayable but truth is that is extremely over-played and most people don't have game breaking problems with their copy.

As I have said a thousand times the lag does not get really bad until about 10mbs which for me took 90 hours to get to. Also, once it got bad I tuned off autosaves and the game ran crisp again with hardly little lag it was a joy to see.

I don't know skyrim almost killed my PS3 yesterday...I was leaving my house in whiterun and all of a sudden my game froze, i waited for about 30 sec and then decided to turn off my system(press and held the power button) and when I turned on my PS3 it said that my system files were corrupted and that it would attempt to restore that data...luckily it succeeded but now I'm wary to play it again...

Don't want to scare you, specailly after spending money for the game, just be prepared for a game that probably won't play as smoothly as you thought it would.