By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Skyrim worth the chance?

So nobody noticed Tigerlure is from the future? My christmas is in 4 days and he already had it! O_o

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
So nobody noticed Tigerlure is from the future? My christmas is in 4 days and he already had it! O_o

Lol like I said, it's a present for Christmas Day. :P

And thanks for the advice everyone. 

Personally I would get the 360 version or PC version over it. The PS3 version is a broken mess.

Pandora's box was never meant to be opened , only sorrow and regret lie ahead

VXIII said:

Good thing Skyrim is the opposite of Pandora's Box

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:

I don't know skyrim almost killed my PS3 yesterday...I was leaving my house in whiterun and all of a sudden my game froze, i waited for about 30 sec and then decided to turn off my system(press and held the power button) and when I turned on my PS3 it said that my system files were corrupted and that it would attempt to restore that data...luckily it succeeded but now I'm wary to play it again...

Don't want to scare you, specailly after spending money for the game, just be prepared for a game that probably won't play as smoothly as you thought it would.

I've had the happened to me. Made three new save files since then and I haven't been having problems on the one i've been playing the most. I'm at level 28 with around 80 hours. Think that old save was corrupt (like the many before it...). It froze on me 5 times in one day before. With my current one I just get a ton of lag while in cities but so far nothing game breaking like backwards flying dragons that can't be fought in my old one. You could start over and hope for better luck like I got?

I've sunk over 250 hours into the game so far. The game can be a headache sometimes but when it works it's excellent.

4 ≈ One

yo_john117 said:
VXIII said:

Good thing Skyrim is the opposite of Pandora's Box

Why cause there is no HOPE for a fix inside the PS3 skyrim box, lol

But open it, sounds like you get at least 40-60 hours before you see troubles. Is it not worth roughly $1 per hour to play?

I know many a game that dont get even close to that amount of time

Easy answer really. If you have a 360 or gaming PC, re-sell or return the PS3 version. If you do not, then keep your PS3 version. Since the patch, the problems start getting bad at very high playtime (80+ hours, considering you disable autosave), and they are not bad enough to not play the game.

It's great so far on ps3 no issues to report