By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation Vita sold better than some people think

I honestly dont know anyone that wants a vita or let alone know its being released!

Around the Network
voty2000 said:
thismeintiel said:
voty2000 said:
You forgot to mention that the Vita has released during the holiday rush so sales could have been higher. I really have no idea what good sales would be but there should be a boost due to releasing close to Christmas.

Japan doesn't really have a Christmas.  I mean there are growing number of Japanese people who celebrate it, but it's not a national holiday.  Japan usually sees a boost around this time of year, which carries over into January, but if memory serves me, it's mainly to celebrate the new year. 

Anyway, you talk like the 3DS isn't affected by this holiday boost.  Of course, it is.  Plus, the 3DS got a game from one of the more popular series in Japan (Monster Hunter) only 2 weeks ago, so it is still seeing a boost from that, as well.  Vita, on the other hand, is much more expensive than the 3DS and only got a handful of games that actually interested Japanese gamers (which is quite normal for any launch).  Its sales next week and, more imortantly, next year will decide its fate.  Then, we have to wait and see what it does when it gets its own Monster Hunter. 

Also, I think a lot are forgetting that this was Sony's 2nd largest launch of a console ever, in Japan.  2nd only to the PS2.

Never occurred to me that Christmas wouldn't be as big in Japan. 

no actually Christmas spending is quite popular in Japan,

http://gojapan.about.com/cs/christmasinjapan/a/chrismasinjapan.htm

http://www.insidejapantours.com/japan-news/2187/christmas-spending-helping-japanese-economy-recover-/

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thismeintiel said:
voty2000 said:
You forgot to mention that the Vita has released during the holiday rush so sales could have been higher. I really have no idea what good sales would be but there should be a boost due to releasing close to Christmas.

Japan doesn't really have a Christmas.  I mean there are growing number of Japanese people who celebrate it, but it's not a national holiday.  Japan usually sees a boost around this time of year, which carries over into January, but if memory serves me, it's mainly to celebrate the new year. 

Anyway, you talk like the 3DS isn't affected by this holiday boost.  Of course, it is.  Plus, the 3DS got a game from one of the more popular series in Japan (Monster Hunter) only 2 weeks ago, so it is still seeing a boost from that, as well.  Vita, on the other hand, is much more expensive than the 3DS and only got a handful of games that actually interested Japanese gamers (which is quite normal for any launch).  Its sales next week and, more imortantly, next year will decide its fate.  Then, we have to wait and see what it does when it gets its own Monster Hunter. 

Also, I think a lot are forgetting that this was Sony's 2nd largest launch of a console ever, in Japan.  2nd only to the PS2.

No Christmas in Japan? Actually, they take it to a whole other level.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

thismeintiel said:

I couldn't agree more with this,best post in the whole thread.The doom-callers should all take notice.

They have bought two days, Vita is not undershipped and Vita is out during the holiday season and not in Feb.

I do not care a lot about this but it looks like DS - PSP history is already reapiting... Both Nintendo and Sony are going to be happy about it.

Switch!!!

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
According to the reports, Sony undershipped the Wi-fi version (ie; the cheaper version), and overshipped the 3g version.
Apparently, lots of demand for the cheaper one, less demand for the expensive one.

Can the 3G version use Wi-fi?

If not, I can't understand why they'd think the 3G Version would sell much at all....

Most people are still much more Wi-Fi people.

Jumpin said:
thismeintiel said:
voty2000 said:

No Christmas in Japan? Actually, they take it to a whole other level.

Just ask KFC.

agreed. next wk will be telling

Come on you guys should all know how this works by now. DOESN'T matter what system it is, its always DOOMED upon release, followed by fanboys defending it.

Can't we all just sit back and wait, while we see how it does during the first year before we call DOOM. Look at 3DS, decent start, horrible middle and now doing amazing. Vita is currently less than decent start, _____ middle, and then doing _________.

Based on announced games, I would say the probability of Vita being "doomed" is higher than 3DS at moment, but what do I know.

fedfed said:
They have bought two days, Vita is not undershipped and Vita is out during the holiday season and not in Feb.

I do not care a lot about this but it looks like DS - PSP history is already reapiting... Both Nintendo and Sony are going to be happy about it.

lets see. 3ds first. i'm the only person in my area that knows the 3ds exsist. in that same area 20 other people have asked me about vita, and other then myself, only 2 plan to purchase so apples and oranges. this is basically what you're saying but the other way around i'm sure.

you're jumping the gun bud. Vita will be available ww in Feb., so wrong again.

and you couldn't possibly know Vita wasn't undershipped. show me facts and chartz.