By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation Vita sold better than some people think

Mordred11 said:
sensebringer said:

Now you don't want anybody talking doom about to the vita? when you applauded someone who was dooming the 3DS because I said  that the drop in sales  the week before of the price cut was understandable? Now the 3DS is a monster and is your time to take the heat. Life is sweet. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=132729&page=1  

For anyone that doesn't know what he's talking about,it's this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4176162.

Seriously? I don't see how Carl was ''dooming'' the 3DS with that post.It's the truth,the 3DS was doing downright terrible before the price-cut.He couldn't be more right.

Console Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide
15,151 n/a 12,446 27,597

And I agree with you. you are 100% correct. The only point I wanted to make at that time was that it was understandable for the 3DS to drop in sales the week before the price cut. is obvious that nobody expected  a 3DS price cut at that time. The Vita is not doomed by any means, I am sure it will do great in the future and I am planing to get one after the first price cut (whenever it happens), but I would have liked that just a little bit of all that sensibility that is reigning in this thread toward the Vita, would have been given to the 3DS at that moment. Sorry if I have been rude to you.    

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
thismeintiel said:

Japan doesn't really have a Christmas.  I mean there are growing number of Japanese people who celebrate it, but it's not a national holiday.  Japan usually sees a boost around this time of year, which carries over into January, but if memory serves me, it's mainly to celebrate the new year. 

Anyway, you talk like the 3DS isn't affected by this holiday boost.  Of course, it is.  Plus, the 3DS got a game from one of the more popular series in Japan (Monster Hunter) only 2 weeks ago, so it is still seeing a boost from that, as well.  Vita, on the other hand, is much more expensive than the 3DS and only got a handful of games that actually interested Japanese gamers (which is quite normal for any launch).  Its sales next week and, more imortantly, next year will decide its fate.  Then, we have to wait and see what it does when it gets its own Monster Hunter. 

Also, I think a lot are forgetting that this was Sony's 2nd largest launch of a console ever, in Japan.  2nd only to the PS2.

I couldn't agree more with this,best post in the whole thread.The doom-callers should all take notice.

Thanks. 

Another thing I didn't really talk about was the Vita actually has competition.  When the 3DS was released, there was no alternative next-gen handheld available.  But not only were there 3DS on shelves last week, they had also been marked down quite a bit from there original price.  Personally, I would have loved to see Nintendo keep the 3DS at its original price, just to see how things played out with them both priced the same.  Of course, I understand why Nintendo had to drop the price.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
fedfed said:
They have bought two days, Vita is not undershipped and Vita is out during the holiday season and not in Feb.

I do not care a lot about this but it looks like DS - PSP history is already reapiting... Both Nintendo and Sony are going to be happy about it.

lets see. 3ds first. i'm the only person in my area that knows the 3ds exsist. in that same area 20 other people have asked me about vita, and other then myself, only 2 plan to purchase so apples and oranges. this is basically what you're saying but the other way around i'm sure.

you're jumping the gun bud. Vita will be available ww in Feb., so wrong again.

and you couldn't possibly know Vita wasn't undershipped. show me facts and chartz.

Well i hought SOny has confirmed a shipment of 500k units. And if they have sold 321k that looks to me not undershipped!

I may be wrong.

Let's talk about it in March after WW launch if I am wrong i will pay you dinner!

Switch!!!

Gosh guys most of the post in here does not really make sense... it really look to me that Sony/Nintendo side are splitting and we are talking non senses to justify what we like. 1300k this week for 3DS looks amazing figures to me but i may be wrong... and unless it is selling 2500k a week all through February 3DS will be doomed!

370k vs 321 week one.
? vs ? week two....

only time will tell...

but I am that at teh end of all this someone will say that 3DS and Vita are not comparable and very different each other to be put on the same level!

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
fedfed said:
They have bought two days, Vita is not undershipped and Vita is out during the holiday season and not in Feb.

I do not care a lot about this but it looks like DS - PSP history is already reapiting... Both Nintendo and Sony are going to be happy about it.

lets see. 3ds first. i'm the only person in my area that knows the 3ds exsist. in that same area 20 other people have asked me about vita, and other then myself, only 2 plan to purchase so apples and oranges. this is basically what you're saying but the other way around i'm sure.

and you couldn't possibly know Vita wasn't undershipped. show me facts and chartz.

Well i hought SOny has confirmed a shipment of 500k units. And if they have sold 321k that looks to me not undershipped!

I may be wrong.

Let's talk about it in March after WW launch if I am wrong i will pay you dinner!

Well, as long as they ship more pretty soon, they'll be fine.  But if they expected that 500K to last them a few more weeks, then yea, they definitely undershipped.  I'm sure they ship some more though, seeing as they only had 175K on shelves after the first two days.

Around the Network
fedfed said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
fedfed said:

I may be wrong.

lol, i want steak and lobster. you may be right about those shipped numbers.

Guys. Why are we even comparing the Vita's sales to the 3DS? They are very different each other to be put on the same level! Not comparable, if you ask me.

*NEWS FLASH* Vita just got their ass kicked and lunch taken in Japan by the 3DS!!! Seriously, I am more interested in seeing how this plays out on the EU and North American markets. But I guess this is karma to all those Sony fans who gave the Nintendo group a hard time for decent (but now exceptional) 3DS sales!!! I don't blame the Nintendo side for boasting a bit this time around :) they sure deserve it after all the stress Sony fans gave em'.(as long as it's all in clean fun)

d21lewis said:

Guys. Why are we even comparing the Vita's sales to the 3DS? They are very different each other to be put on the same level! Not comparable, if you ask me.

Sarcasm?

But even if ur serious or not, many Sony fans, including Sony itself share this sentiment. But thing is they are direct competitors.

1. If you go into a video game store and see 3DS next to Vita in the handheld section.....they are competition.

2. If the primary purpose of each is to play games.......they are competition

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Lol at people spreading rumors and whatnot for the sake of their biases (not you op).