By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation Vita sold better than some people think

People are so negative about nothing. They shipped 500,000 vitas sold more than 400,000 unitis. My guess is the remaining Vitas are the more expensive 3G version. That many people don't seem to want. Give it a few months, let the rest of the world get a hold of it. Then we can talk.

Around the Network

I've lived in Japan for a few years, and married into a japanese family. Japan doesn't give a damn about buying christmas gifts.

Actually the decision to release in Japan before EU/NA is crazy imo. Japan doesn't have the same Christmas culture, and no big Japanese launch titles. They should have tried a Christmas release in NA/EU for sure.

Christmas really doesn't affect sales volume *that* much in Japan.

thismeintiel said:
fedfed said:

Well i hought SOny has confirmed a shipment of 500k units. And if they have sold 321k that looks to me not undershipped!

I may be wrong.

Let's talk about it in March after WW launch if I am wrong i will pay you dinner!

Well, as long as they ship more pretty soon, they'll be fine.  But if they expected that 500K to last them a few more weeks, then yea, they definitely undershipped.  I'm sure they ship some more though, seeing as they only had 175K on shelves after the first two days.

I know this post was made before the release of the second week numbers were released, but... I just got a laugh out of it. :)

The BuShA owns all!

Vertigo-X said:
thismeintiel said:
fedfed said:

Well i hought SOny has confirmed a shipment of 500k units. And if they have sold 321k that looks to me not undershipped!

I may be wrong.

Let's talk about it in March after WW launch if I am wrong i will pay you dinner!

Well, as long as they ship more pretty soon, they'll be fine.  But if they expected that 500K to last them a few more weeks, then yea, they definitely undershipped.  I'm sure they ship some more though, seeing as they only had 175K on shelves after the first two days.

I know this post was made before the release of the second week numbers were released, but... I just got a laugh out of it. :)

Why's that?  They've sold ~400K in Japan in 2 weeks, which leaves just 100K on shelves and available online.  That will be sold out in less than 2 weeks.  So yea, if they thought it would last them awhile they undershipped.  Reports were saying the WiFi version sold through ~86% in the first week.  However, considering there's still WiFi only Vitas still on Amazon Japan, I'd say Sony already shipped more.