By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGA live stream - 4 hours to go

I am currently 124 hours into Skyrim on PS3. I have encountered some lag throughout certain points and it even froze...once that is. The PS3 version runs great for me, alot of complaints are really blown out of proportion,

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yo_john117 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yeah, GOTY awards are now given to rushed, bug and glitch ridden un-finished products.
way to go gaming journalists, hype and brand name, sure do have a lot of impact to skew ratings

Thing is Skyrim deserves GOTY hands down. Virtually everyone who's played it (sans a few bitter people) say it's their GOTY.

well having watched my roomate play it countless hours (on his xbox), and having played it for several hours myself, i can say it is a very fun and good game.

but no game this buggy and glitchy should win game of the year. i cant count how many times some retarded dragon that im trying to kill either spazzes in a circle over my head or does crazy back flips off into the distance, sometimes crashing into mountains.

then i spend hours trying to get the getting married achievement, only to have some GUY try to marry me. i was like WTF, im a dude, i dont want to marry you. 

But it's not as buggy or glitchy as most people on these forums are saying. I have yet to see even 1 annoying glitch and i've put over 60 hours into it, I know they are there but they aren't that bad for most people so yes it does deserve GOTY. 

@ClassicGamingWizzz: I don't have to worry about that because I'll be picking up the next Xbox. And I don't actually recall ever playing a game with a game-breaking bug in it so I tend not to worry about that type of stuff because it simply doesn't happen to me, especially in games that I love.

im just going off my and my roomates eperience (and ironically enough, this is still his game of the year. though he doesnt own or play any of the PS3 game, he actually a huge xbox fanboy. it gets on my nerves).

but for me its extremely buggy, and apparently the PS3 version is broken.

I don't think the PS3 version is anywhere near as "broken" as people on this site are going on about. I think the whole thing is just getting blown out of proportions, most of the people who have been bitching about Skyrim don't even own it (Just look at Wagram and I'm pretty sure ClassicGamingWizzz doesn't own it either)

But anyways are you trying to tell me that your roomate has access to play the PS3 exclusives on your PS3 but won't just because of his fanboyism? 0_o

yes it is just me , wagram , ign , kotaku , playstation magazine , giant bomb and even the bathesda guy that writes in the bathesda forum, we are all haters, we like to hate because its fun.

" most of the people who have been bitching about Skyrim don't even own it (Just look at Wagram and I'm pretty sure ClassicGamingWizzz doesn't own it either)"

i dont know if this is trolling or you serious

Hey I was just using you and Wagram as examples, people like you are creating some of the biggest fuss about Skyrim even though you haven't played it. The bugs issue with Skyrim has been blown so far out of proportions it's ridiculous.

Now i'm not saying that there aren't any bugs in Skyrim nor that there aren't any game-breaking bugs for the PS3 version, I'm just saying that people who have been unfortunate enough to encounter those game breaking bugs are bellowing their anger like crazy which is making people like you bellow about it as well which in turn has made this whole Skyrim bugs/game-breaking stuff blown way out of proportion.

second time you say i dont have the game , wanna bet ?

Well if you do actually own Skyrim (and aren't just saying you do to try and make me look a bit foolish) then I appologize for saying you don't.

However my point still stands.

yo_john117 said:

Hey I was just using you and Wagram as examples, people like you are creating some of the biggest fuss about Skyrim even though you haven't played it. The bugs issue with Skyrim has been blown so far out of proportions it's ridiculous.

Now i'm not saying that there aren't any bugs in Skyrim nor that there aren't any game-breaking bugs for the PS3 version, I'm just saying that people who have been unfortunate enough to encounter those game breaking bugs are bellowing their anger like crazy which is making people like you bellow about it as well which in turn has made this whole Skyrim bugs/game-breaking stuff blown way out of proportion.

Sir, I own the game. I've put over 60 hours into it. It's a great game when it works. I've fallen through the floor when I approach the front door of a certain house in Whiterun. I've seen the water in Whiterun glitch in and out with the water that appears when looking at a deep river. I've went through 4 real world days not being able to fight a dragon because each time I find one, it's just hovering in the sky at max altitude. If I approach, it spazzes out then flies away backwards the exact same distance it was before when I first noticed it. When i finally found one to fight, it flew into a bloody mountain and got stuck there. Took me way too many arrows (few land, most just hit the mountain even though I KNOW it's supposed to hit the dragon) to kill it. Then it just falls and i have to make my way all the way to the bottom of that mountain to get the soul. I'm shocked that the game allowed me to. Some people have reported being face to face with a dragon when they kill it and never getting the soul. There's even youtube vids of it. This means we litterally can't unlock shouts.

The game freezes for like 5 seconds plus the majority of the time I hit O to open up the menu. It often spazzes out when i'm just freeroaming for that matter. It freezes on the favorites menu as well. The lag time is just rediculous all over.  It's all crashed my PS3 4 times today alone. I've never had that happen to me on the PS3 before. I heard the fallout games where buggy as hell but after Oblivion and the Fallouts I figured this company would get a little better. Never played them but really wanted Skyrim. Payed the premium just like 360 owners did. I expected slightly less detailed visuals, weaker frame rate, some annoying bugs, but not this.

It doesn't matter if the 360 and PC version are much more stable. My game case says Skyrim with a Bethesda label at the bottom. They put out a mess that doesn't deserve game of the year and definitly not developer of the year.

4 ≈ One

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yo_john117 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yo_john117 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

im just going off my and my roomates eperience (and ironically enough, this is still his game of the year. though he doesnt own or play any of the PS3 game, he actually a huge xbox fanboy. it gets on my nerves).

I don't think the PS3 version is anywhere near as "broken" as people on this site are going on about. I think the whole thing is just getting blown out of proportions, most of the people who have been bitching about Skyrim don't even own it (Just look at Wagram and I'm pretty sure ClassicGamingWizzz doesn't own it either)

But anyways are you trying to tell me that your roomate has access to play the PS3 exclusives on your PS3 but won't just because of his fanboyism? 0_o

yes it is just me , wagram , ign , kotaku , playstation magazine , giant bomb and even the bathesda guy that writes in the bathesda forum, we are all haters, we like to hate because its fun.

" most of the people who have been bitching about Skyrim don't even own it (Just look at Wagram and I'm pretty sure ClassicGamingWizzz doesn't own it either)"

second time you say i dont have the game , wanna bet ?

Well if you do actually own Skyrim (and aren't just saying you do to try and make me look a bit foolish) then I appologize for saying you don't.

However my point still stands.

lets bet signature control for one month

look , one of my favourite games of this gen was oblivion, fallout 3 was a great game also , but i cant supportthe behaviour of bathesda in this situation, go to bathesda forums and see for yourself, the digitalfoundry guys show the problem too.

the game have potencial to be a GOTY , i just want to play the game like you , with no gamebreaking bugs.

I do realize that there are people who will have problems with Skyrim but I guess my whole original point was there are people making it sound worse than it really is. 

And honestly I would probably be doing the same thing as you guys are doing if my copy of Skyrim had a game-breaking bug, so I do get where you are coming from but at the same time I just think that most people are not having such horrible problems.

Yo_john

How can you know that theyre making it sound worse than it is, if you aren't experiencing those bugs yourself?

Im on the 360 version. Ive had 2 bugs do far, in the form of the game simply freezing.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Yo_john

How can you know that theyre making it sound worse than it is, if you aren't experiencing those bugs yourself?

Im on the 360 version. Ive had 2 bugs do far, in the form of the game simply freezing.

Because I know there are people who can play Skyrim on their PS3 without major issues hence it's not unplayable for everyone on the PS3 let alone most people.

Sounds like youre being selective over what you want to hear then. Youve said it yourself, its your GotY/Forever. Youre gonna be defensive over it, obviously.

When the bugs have caused so much uproar though, then you simply have to acknowlege that they screwed up on the PS3 version. Read the forums. Watch the videos. Doesnt matter if its a minority getting these problems, because the problems still exist for people who went out and bought it... And to not have them fixed after a MONTH of release, is abysmal.

pezus said:
PC/360 versions of Skyrim fully deserve GOTY imo. Can't say about the PS3 version. At least Uncharted 3 won best PS3 game

dont forget to add, best "Graphics"

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yeah, GOTY awards are now given to rushed, bug and glitch ridden un-finished products.
way to go gaming journalists, hype and brand name, sure do have a lot of impact to skew ratings

Thing is Skyrim deserves GOTY hands down. Virtually everyone who's played it (sans a few bitter people) say it's their GOTY.

well having watched my roomate play it countless hours (on his xbox), and having played it for several hours myself, i can say it is a very fun and good game.

but no game this buggy and glitchy should win game of the year. i cant count how many times some retarded dragon that im trying to kill either spazzes in a circle over my head or does crazy back flips off into the distance, sometimes crashing into mountains.

then i spend hours trying to get the getting married achievement, only to have some GUY try to marry me. i was like WTF, im a dude, i dont want to marry you.

But it's not as buggy or glitchy as most people on these forums are saying. I have yet to see even 1 annoying glitch and i've put over 60 hours into it, I know they are there but they aren't that bad for most people so yes it does deserve GOTY.

@ClassicGamingWizzz: I don't have to worry about that because I'll be picking up the next Xbox. And I don't actually recall ever playing a game with a game-breaking bug in it so I tend not to worry about that type of stuff because it simply doesn't happen to me, especially in games that I love.

So do you own it then? on ps3?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Porcupine_I said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:

So do you own it then? on ps3?

jezz , want to mak a bet?

is that a "yes" like "yes, i own it on ps3", or is that a "Jezz" like "Jesus notz anotzher one calling me out" ?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’