By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGA live stream - 4 hours to go

osamanobama said:
yeah, GOTY awards are now given to rushed, bug and glitch ridden un-finished products.
way to go gaming journalists, hype and brand name, sure do have a lot of impact to skew ratings

Thing is Skyrim deserves GOTY hands down. Virtually everyone who's played it (sans a few bitter people) say it's their GOTY.

Around the Network

Dont get the skyrim hate....yeah sure ps3 owners should be upset, but its available on other platforms. Imagine they announced that the only the 360/pc version wins GOTY, that would have just been silly.

Deserved win. Well done :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Metal Gear Rising looks like crap and this is coming from the biggest MGS fan in the entire site. [have put 2000+ hours into MGO and own almost all MG releases at least 2 times each]

^_^

yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yeah, GOTY awards are now given to rushed, bug and glitch ridden un-finished products.
way to go gaming journalists, hype and brand name, sure do have a lot of impact to skew ratings

Thing is Skyrim deserves GOTY hands down. Virtually everyone who's played it (sans a few bitter people) say it's their GOTY.

well having watched my roomate play it countless hours (on his xbox), and having played it for several hours myself, i can say it is a very fun and good game.

but no game this buggy and glitchy should win game of the year. i cant count how many times some retarded dragon that im trying to kill either spazzes in a circle over my head or does crazy back flips off into the distance, sometimes crashing into mountains.

then i spend hours trying to get the getting married achievement, only to have some GUY try to marry me. i was like WTF, im a dude, i dont want to marry you. 

osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:

well having watched my roomate play it countless hours (on his xbox), and having played it for several hours myself, i can say it is a very fun and good game.

but no game this buggy and glitchy should win game of the year. i cant count how many times some retarded dragon that im trying to kill either spazzes in a circle over my head or does crazy back flips off into the distance, sometimes crashing into mountains.

then i spend hours trying to get the getting married achievement, only to have some GUY try to marry me. i was like WTF, im a dude, i dont want to marry you. 

But it's not as buggy or glitchy as most people on these forums are saying. I have yet to see even 1 annoying glitch and i've put over 60 hours into it, I know they are there but they aren't that bad for most people so yes it does deserve GOTY. 

@ClassicGamingWizzz: I don't have to worry about that because I'll be picking up the next Xbox. And I don't actually recall ever playing a game with a game-breaking bug in it so I tend not to worry about that type of stuff because it simply doesn't happen to me, especially in games that I love.

Around the Network

Just watched all the trailers again. Still can't understand how people were impressed with Mass Effect.

Shepard told everyone to stick to cover. Shepard decided to sprint towards the Reaper. Shepard does a roll to dodge a laser. Shepard does another roll. Shepard presses a button. Maw attacks Reaper. Yey, amazing.

Role Playing Game?

Gears of Effect.

KILLZONE 3 my opinion for FPS 

and did infamous 2 get a mention anywhere ?? sorry couldnt watch 

yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:

But it's not as buggy or glitchy as most people on these forums are saying. I have yet to see even 1 annoying glitch and i've put over 60 hours into it, I know they are there but they aren't that bad for most people so yes it does deserve GOTY. 

@ClassicGamingWizzz: I don't have to worry about that because I'll be picking up the next Xbox. And I don't actually recall ever playing a game with a game-breaking bug in it so I tend not to worry about that type of stuff because it simply doesn't happen to me, especially in games that I love.

im just going off my and my roomates eperience (and ironically enough, this is still his game of the year. though he doesnt own or play any of the PS3 game, he actually a huge xbox fanboy. it gets on my nerves).

but for me its extremely buggy, and apparently the PS3 version is broken.

Skyrim easily deserves GOTY!

With Spike giving it to Skyrim
CheatCC giving it to UC3

Gotta wait for more to come. If my prediction is right on GameTrailers just as it was with Spike, Uncharted 3 should win GT.

Anyone know any more sites? IGN usually takes a long time. I believe Gamespot too. Bleh. Its a very amazing year with Portal, Batman, Zelda, Uncharted, Skyrim and loads of more games that even deserve to win. Crazy!!

Oh and

Can't believe this!

Announced =
The last of us
The last guardian
Twisted metal
Starhawk

Are being worked on =
Santa monicas new IP
Guerrilla games new IP
Sony smash

Are being worked on for possibly PS4 (Speculations basically for the two last ones) =
KZ4
GT6
GoW4??
UC4?! (With ND expanding, that team can work on bringing research for PS4!!)