By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGA live stream - 4 hours to go

Carl2291 said:

Just watched all the trailers again. Still can't understand how people were impressed with Mass Effect.

Shepard told everyone to stick to cover. Shepard decided to sprint towards the Reaper. Shepard does a roll to dodge a laser. Shepard does another roll. Shepard presses a button. Maw attacks Reaper. Yey, amazing.

Role Playing Game?

Gears of Effect.

I'm pretty sure showing RPG elements in a trailer for ME3 would make for a sucky trailer.

Around the Network

Something to note. Naughty Dog's "Second Team" that's been working on The Last of Us. Neil Druckmann, Creative Director and Bruce Straley, Game Director.

Want to know what these guys did before The Last of Us?

Druckmann was the lead designer of Uncharted 2 and Straley was the Director of Uncharted 2.

osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yeah, GOTY awards are now given to rushed, bug and glitch ridden un-finished products.
way to go gaming journalists, hype and brand name, sure do have a lot of impact to skew ratings

Thing is Skyrim deserves GOTY hands down. Virtually everyone who's played it (sans a few bitter people) say it's their GOTY.

well having watched my roomate play it countless hours (on his xbox), and having played it for several hours myself, i can say it is a very fun and good game.

but no game this buggy and glitchy should win game of the year. i cant count how many times some retarded dragon that im trying to kill either spazzes in a circle over my head or does crazy back flips off into the distance, sometimes crashing into mountains.

then i spend hours trying to get the getting married achievement, only to have some GUY try to marry me. i was like WTF, im a dude, i dont want to marry you. 

Hardly game breaking bugs there...

osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yeah, GOTY awards are now given to rushed, bug and glitch ridden un-finished products.
way to go gaming journalists, hype and brand name, sure do have a lot of impact to skew ratings

Thing is Skyrim deserves GOTY hands down. Virtually everyone who's played it (sans a few bitter people) say it's their GOTY.

well having watched my roomate play it countless hours (on his xbox), and having played it for several hours myself, i can say it is a very fun and good game.

but no game this buggy and glitchy should win game of the year. i cant count how many times some retarded dragon that im trying to kill either spazzes in a circle over my head or does crazy back flips off into the distance, sometimes crashing into mountains.

then i spend hours trying to get the getting married achievement, only to have some GUY try to marry me. i was like WTF, im a dude, i dont want to marry you. 

But it's not as buggy or glitchy as most people on these forums are saying. I have yet to see even 1 annoying glitch and i've put over 60 hours into it, I know they are there but they aren't that bad for most people so yes it does deserve GOTY. 

@ClassicGamingWizzz: I don't have to worry about that because I'll be picking up the next Xbox. And I don't actually recall ever playing a game with a game-breaking bug in it so I tend not to worry about that type of stuff because it simply doesn't happen to me, especially in games that I love.

im just going off my and my roomates eperience (and ironically enough, this is still his game of the year. though he doesnt own or play any of the PS3 game, he actually a huge xbox fanboy. it gets on my nerves).

but for me its extremely buggy, and apparently the PS3 version is broken.

I don't think the PS3 version is anywhere near as "broken" as people on this site are going on about. I think the whole thing is just getting blown out of proportions, most of the people who have been bitching about Skyrim don't even own it (Just look at Wagram and I'm pretty sure ClassicGamingWizzz doesn't own it either)

But anyways are you trying to tell me that your roomate has access to play the PS3 exclusives on your PS3 but won't just because of his fanboyism? 0_o

Carl2291 said:
Something to note. Naughty Dog's "Second Team" that's been working on The Last of Us. Neil Druckmann, Creative Director and Bruce Straley, Game Director.

Want to know what these guys did before The Last of Us?

Druckmann was the lead designer of Uncharted 2 and Straley was the Director of Uncharted 2.

I felt that Uncharted 3 was complete, I honestly have to say I was dissapointed.

After seeing the trailer for "The Last of Us", I have to say, if they diverted resources from Uncharted 3 or rushed it, then it was honestly worth it.

Let's hope the same applies to MGS:R, it was outsourced so they could work on MGS5.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:

I'm pretty sure showing RPG elements in a trailer for ME3 would make for a sucky trailer.

I don't see why you wouldn't show RPG elements in a "trailer" from your "RPG game".

yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:

But it's not as buggy or glitchy as most people on these forums are saying. I have yet to see even 1 annoying glitch and i've put over 60 hours into it, I know they are there but they aren't that bad for most people so yes it does deserve GOTY. 

@ClassicGamingWizzz: I don't have to worry about that because I'll be picking up the next Xbox. And I don't actually recall ever playing a game with a game-breaking bug in it so I tend not to worry about that type of stuff because it simply doesn't happen to me, especially in games that I love.

im just going off my and my roomates eperience (and ironically enough, this is still his game of the year. though he doesnt own or play any of the PS3 game, he actually a huge xbox fanboy. it gets on my nerves).

I don't think the PS3 version is anywhere near as "broken" as people on this site are going on about. I think the whole thing is just getting blown out of proportions, most of the people who have been bitching about Skyrim don't even own it (Just look at Wagram and I'm pretty sure ClassicGamingWizzz doesn't own it either)

But anyways are you trying to tell me that your roomate has access to play the PS3 exclusives on your PS3 but won't just because of his fanboyism? 0_o

yep. he has intense distain for anything PS3. he got extremely angry when Resistance 3 got the same score as Gears. and even turned off my game several times while i was playing, and i was like why did you do that, he said because its a terrible game.

anytime i play an exclusive he calls it trash. in fact when i got Arkham City, he thought it was a PS3 exclusive and said it looks retarded, slow and bad. he then found out it was on xbox. and then he played it on my PS3 and enjoyed it quite a bit.

and whats really funny, was we were watching the VGA's and The Last of US trailer came on, he thought it looked amazing (he likes zombie games), then i told him ND is sony dev... lets just say he was at a loss for words.

but for me, at least when he lets me play, i get to play all the Gears of War and L4D i want.

Carl2291 said:
Scoobes said:

I don't see why you wouldn't show RPG elements in a "trailer" from your "RPG game".

I don't think Mass Effect counts as a pure RPG anymore, not after 2 improved the shooting elements and toned down the RPG elements. Thus, showing toned down RPG elements from Mass Effect makes for a boring trailer. I mean, the RPG elements could be present, but guns and explosions are far more fun for a trailer.

osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:

yep. he has intense distain for anything PS3. he got extremely angry when Resistance 3 got the same score as Gears. and even turned off my game several times while i was playing, and i was like why did you do that, he said because its a terrible game.

anytime i play an exclusive he calls it trash. in fact when i got Arkham City, he thought it was a PS3 exclusive and said it looks retarded, slow and bad. he then found out it was on xbox. and then he played it on my PS3 and enjoyed it quite a bit.

and whats really funny, was we were watching the VGA's and The Last of US trailer came on, he thought it looked amazing (he likes zombie games), then i told him ND is sony dev... lets just say he was at a loss for words.

but for me, at least when he lets me play, i get to play all the Gears of War and L4D i want.

Lol dear God that is so sad, guy needs a serious reality check. And the bolded is freaking hilarious

Hey maybe the Last of Us will win him over.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:

yes it is just me , wagram , ign , kotaku , playstation magazine , giant bomb and even the bathesda guy that writes in the bathesda forum, we are all haters, we like to hate because its fun.

" most of the people who have been bitching about Skyrim don't even own it (Just look at Wagram and I'm pretty sure ClassicGamingWizzz doesn't own it either)"

i dont know if this is trolling or you serious

Hey I was just using you and Wagram as examples, people like you are creating some of the biggest fuss about Skyrim even though you haven't played it. The bugs issue with Skyrim has been blown so far out of proportions it's ridiculous.

Now i'm not saying that there aren't any bugs in Skyrim nor that there aren't any game-breaking bugs for the PS3 version, I'm just saying that people who have been unfortunate enough to encounter those game breaking bugs are bellowing their anger like crazy which is making people like you bellow about it as well which in turn has made this whole Skyrim bugs/game-breaking stuff blown way out of proportion.