By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Final Fantasy XIII-2 "review" in Dengeki! (Highest rank possible!)

Tagged games:

If i ever buy ffxiii-2, it would be to trophy it and forget it. if it require multiple play through like in Star Ocean you can forget it lol.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Umm I really liked FFXIII, yes the combat system could use some work because all you had to do was configuring the paradigms and then press X and R1 to change paradigms.
That aside, the characters in FFXIII were great, i loved them all (except Snow, fucking pedophile...) and the story was great. In fact it was the characters + Story combo that got me hooked until the end.

On a side note, Gran Pulse (the "free world" part of the game) was so bad I preferred continue the linear story...

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

maverick40 said:
The problem is, people think squareenix are perfect and can do no wrong so they defend their beloved games to the high heavens even though there are better rpg's out there. I have got a platinum in ffxiii and i can tell you know. It is down there with ff12 as worst rpg's in my collection. 

I think is the opossite, really. Just because SE had made GREAT RPG's in the past people expect every FF game certain level of quality. When that quality is not delivered, they treat the game as the worst RPG ever.

Really, FFXIII is a letdown for a FF game, but by no means it's a bad RPG, i'm not saying you said that but the game has much hate than it deserves. And of course there are even better RPG, take Xenoblade for example

PD:FF12 is the worst FF for me ever, but I know is a great game

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:
Great! Final Fantasy XIII still is the best game of this whole generation in my opinion and I am really looking forward to FF XIII-2.

Square-Enix just knows how to tell a deep story with interesting characters... (and how to deliver a rpg without gamebreaking bugs).

Did you like the ''pressing forward'' or ''pressing X/A'' part best? 

Not to mention the story was a pretentious piece of turd.

He is probably 9 years old or mentally retarded.

says the child who is claiming I am mentally retarded. Ye final fantasy weaboos are pathetic, play a proper rpg. 

I call him mentally retarded not you, calm down. And by a proper RPG I hope you don't mean Glitchrim or any of the modern BIoware trash.

If anyone wants a proper RPG they should play Xenoblade.

The fact that you call him retarded for liking a game that you dont is retarded. Your taste in games isnt above anyone elses on this site and no you never said it was, but to disrepect someone because you dont like a game shows how immature and young you act about certain things. 

maverick40 said:
Marteds said:
maverick40 said:
Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:
Great! Final Fantasy XIII still is the best game of this whole generation in my opinion and I am really looking forward to FF XIII-2.

Square-Enix just knows how to tell a deep story with interesting characters... (and how to deliver a rpg without gamebreaking bugs).

says the child who is claiming I am mentally retarded. Ye final fantasy weaboos are pathetic, play a proper rpg. 

What is your definition of a proper rpg? 

I collect rpg's and have over 50 for the ps2 alone. All in all i have collected over 100 rpg's so I know my stuff. A proper rpg is person 3 and 4, disgaea, atelier series, suikoden series, final fantasy 1-10 to name just a few.

The problem is, people think squareenix are perfect and can do no wrong so they defend their beloved games to the high heavens even though there are better rpg's out there. I have got a platinum in ffxiii and i can tell you know. It is down there with ff12 as worst rpg's in my collection.

Ok, I did not ask how many rpgs are in your collection. My question was what is your definition of a proper rpg. Since you never bother to answer my question I'm going to assume you don't know the answer and you're going to list a bunch of games again. The second part of your post is irrelevant and false as many people including myself think Square Enix is far from perfect. 

Around the Network

Sazh as DLC? Square-Enix supports the buying and selling of black people confirmed?

maverick40 said:
Areym said:

@maverick FFXIII was a proper rpg, granted it wasn't a perfect one. I found it entertaining and t story was engaging enough for me to put up with it's faults. I'm going to assume by proper rpg you mean Skyrim which really, it's just as repetitive and actually a lot less eventful than FFXIII, at least from the 20 hours i dropped into it so far.

I am not into skyrim. I collect rpg's and have over 50 for the ps2 alone. All in all i have collected over 100 rpg's so I know my stuff. A proper rpg is person 3 and 4, disgaea, atelier series, suikoden series, final fantasy 1-10 to name just a few. 

The problem is, people think squareenix are perfect and can do no wrong so they defend their beloved games to the high heavens. I have got a platinum in ffxiii and i can tell you know. It is down there with ff12 as worst rpg's in my collection. 

Reasonable enough. Still, our taste differs a lot. Those games you named are pretty good games, granted i do not like the persona, disgaea and personally never heard of atelier. Technically, FFXIII qualifies as a proper RPG. Whether or not it's a good rpg is up for debate. Like I said, I liked it a lot. Not my favorite RPG (seiken densetsu 3 stilll holds the title) and not my favorite FF game but pretty good. I think X-play's review and score does it justice and properly explains its strengths and weaknesses.

I agree some people are blinded by square enix's once legendary status as RPG kings, but for actual RPG fans, it's not like that or at least shouldn't be like that, so I'd be careful with the topic of what is a proper RPG.

PS: How did you not like FFXII? :O I loved that one in particular,  granted I never got to finish it sadly. The combat was an upgrade for me at the time (more action oriented) and the politics/war oriented story was so refreshing from FFX's sappy-ass love story (Still one of the best FF however) The only downside was Vaan  himself. Weird ass character model o_o

EDIT: What is with all the FFXII hate? Am I the only one who enjoyed that game? lol I never knew it was this badly received.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

What story dude? How can you call this mess a story? the characters never knew what they had to do, never.  They were expecting a "miracle" what a load of crap, why were you fighting for? what was their plan? what is their motivation?

The characters were so bad, so so bad, like Snow saying he is a damn hero every 10 seconds and Hope crying in every cut scene, Lighting was a bitch to everybody for no damn reason, why was she such a bitch? was she on her period the whole game? Vanille is a caricature and the only deep character was Sazh (I liked Fang too).

Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:

I call him mentally retarded not you, calm down. And by a proper RPG I hope you don't mean Glitchrim or any of the modern BIoware trash.

If anyone wants a proper RPG they should play Xenoblade.

no... If anyone wants to play a proper rpg, they should play whatever type of rpg they prefer. That bioware trash is ranked higher by users, critics, and sales, then your "proper" rpg. The minority opinion isn't always better you silly hipster. People are forgetting that rpg stands for role playing game, not have as many pointless stats game. Play the game with the story and type of combat you prefer because they are mostly too different from each other to even directly compare.

maverick40 said:
Areym said:

@maverick FFXIII was a proper rpg, granted it wasn't a perfect one. I found it entertaining and t story was engaging enough for me to put up with it's faults. I'm going to assume by proper rpg you mean Skyrim which really, it's just as repetitive and actually a lot less eventful than FFXIII, at least from the 20 hours i dropped into it so far.

I am not into skyrim. I collect rpg's and have over 50 for the ps2 alone. All in all i have collected over 100 rpg's so I know my stuff. A proper rpg is person 3 and 4, disgaea, atelier series, suikoden series, final fantasy 1-10 to name just a few. 

The problem is, people think squareenix are perfect and can do no wrong so they defend their beloved games to the high heavens. I have got a platinum in ffxiii and i can tell you know. It is down there with ff12 as worst rpg's in my collection. 

How exactly isnt FF XII a proper RPG, thats one of the most RPGed FFs ever the amount of freedom you have is imense. I too have played a gazilion RPGS ever since the SNES era (altought I pplayed the SNES ones after I was a lil bit older I was too young back them), and I play tabletop RPGs since I was like 6 (everything from GURPS, to Storyteller D 10 system and D&D) so I know my stuf as well and I can say for sure FF XII and XIII are proper RPGs, if you dont like the game that doesnt make them a "non proper RPG", all you were doing was listing games you like and saying the ones you dont arent actual RPGS.

XIII isnt a perfect game but its definetly not as bad as ppl paint it to be, for some reason gamers decided they were gona hate on Squarenix this generation, I think it has partialy to do with the fact that they didnt make a FF VII remake or a KH III, and that they went XBOX exclusive on the beggining of the generation and made FF mutiplataform wich irritated most of the Square loving Sony fans to no end.

Also ppl were expecting FF XIII to be the second coming of Jesus Christ for all the hype the comunity was building, when it turned out it wasnt the return of the messiah and it was actualy just a good game ppl started trashing the game to shreds.

Saying stuf like the "combat is just press x" is one of the things ppl do just to troll the game, the combat isnt just press x, you need strategy, a correct paradigm deck, shift your paradigms in proper times, enter comands manualy if you whant to optmise your actions etc etc. Try beating a Long Ghi pressing X on auto attack and youll get murdered...