By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Final Fantasy XIII-2 "review" in Dengeki! (Highest rank possible!)

Tagged games:

Carl2291 said:
DLC in my Final Fantasy, in the form of characters, can go fuck itself.

Beautifully said, could not have said it better myself.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:
Great! Final Fantasy XIII still is the best game of this whole generation in my opinion and I am really looking forward to FF XIII-2.

Square-Enix just knows how to tell a deep story with interesting characters... (and how to deliver a rpg without gamebreaking bugs).

Did you like the ''pressing forward'' or ''pressing X/A'' part best? 

Not to mention the story was a pretentious piece of turd.

He is probably 9 years old or mentally retarded.

The only thing that kept me playing longer than 1hour (that's when I realized things aren't getting much better) was the Final Fantasy name and the gorgeous visuals.

Deserves all the criticism it got.

Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:
Great! Final Fantasy XIII still is the best game of this whole generation in my opinion and I am really looking forward to FF XIII-2.

Square-Enix just knows how to tell a deep story with interesting characters... (and how to deliver a rpg without gamebreaking bugs).

says the child who is claiming I am mentally retarded. Ye final fantasy weaboos are pathetic, play a proper rpg. 

@maverick FFXIII was a proper rpg, granted it wasn't a perfect one. I found it entertaining and t story was engaging enough for me to put up with it's faults. I'm going to assume by proper rpg you mean Skyrim which really, it's just as repetitive and actually a lot less eventful than FFXIII, at least from the 20 hours i dropped into it so far.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:

tastes are different - bashing that guy for loving the game is pretty sad

maverick40 said:

says the child who is claiming I am mentally retarded. Ye final fantasy weaboos are pathetic, play a proper rpg. 

what's up big guy? feeling insecure over other people not liking what you like?

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:

What is your definition of a proper rpg? 

maverick40 said:
Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:

I call him mentally retarded not you, calm down. And by a proper RPG I hope you don't mean Glitchrim or any of the modern BIoware trash.

If anyone wants a proper RPG they should play Xenoblade.

I think that, except for tactical RPGs like FF Tactis, Wild Arms, Disgaea, Tactics Ogre, etc.....FFXIII is one of the most tacticals RPGs that I have ever played. I spent hours configuring my paradigm and weapons.

Yes, you can finish the game being very lazy...I mean, just having a healing paradigm all the time and switching commandos with ravagers.

But, if you really try to complete the battles as fast as you can, you can see how fun and complex the system really is.

In other FFs, except for XII, there wasn't as much freedom as FFXIII to make you strategy. Just press "attack" again and again and if you encounter any difficult you have just to use some super uber skill and finish the battle easily. Problems? Use a super item...

In FFXIII you don't have shortcuts like in other RPGs. The buffs and debuffs are essential, along with the stagger control.

Yes, you can kill a Adamantoise in 15 minutes.
But why not try to kill it in less than 40 seconds?

What I like in FFXIII is that a battle can last 10x more if you play too safely.

Areym said:

@maverick FFXIII was a proper rpg, granted it wasn't a perfect one. I found it entertaining and t story was engaging enough for me to put up with it's faults. I'm going to assume by proper rpg you mean Skyrim which really, it's just as repetitive and actually a lot less eventful than FFXIII, at least from the 20 hours i dropped into it so far.

I am not into skyrim. I collect rpg's and have over 50 for the ps2 alone. All in all i have collected over 100 rpg's so I know my stuff. A proper rpg is person 3 and 4, disgaea, atelier series, suikoden series, final fantasy 1-10 to name just a few. 

The problem is, people think squareenix are perfect and can do no wrong so they defend their beloved games to the high heavens. I have got a platinum in ffxiii and i can tell you know. It is down there with ff12 as worst rpg's in my collection. 

Marteds said:
maverick40 said:
Rob-Ot said:
maverick40 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Alphachris said:

What is your definition of a proper rpg? 

I collect rpg's and have over 50 for the ps2 alone. All in all i have collected over 100 rpg's so I know my stuff. A proper rpg is person 3 and 4, disgaea, atelier series, suikoden series, final fantasy 1-10 to name just a few. 

The problem is, people think squareenix are perfect and can do no wrong so they defend their beloved games to the high heavens even though there are better rpg's out there. I have got a platinum in ffxiii and i can tell you know. It is down there with ff12 as worst rpg's in my collection.