By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game that everyone loves but you hate

is there a game that everyone loves but you hate?

yes 122 90.37%

no 4 2.96%

can't think of any 9 6.67%

Total:135

Bioshock. Killzone.

I tried a couple of times to get into shooters and I just can't. Don't find any fun in them.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Halo, L4D and Final Fantasy. Played (tried) all but never get into these game and could not get why I should like them.

Starcraft

I got into it way late, but it just never pulled me in. Red Alert, which came out a year and a half before, was better.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Any COD beyond mw1, they're all cut and paste with few refinements here and there, the world needs to take notice.

Seece said:
Mass Effect, not for me!

This is my vote as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Hate is a strong word, but two games come to mind:

Mario Kart 64 and Lylat Wars (or Starfox 64 to you Americans)

I'm also not a fan of Bomberman Blast or Sin & Punishment, which a lot of people seem to be fond of.

I hate what the original Halo did the the FPS genre. limited arsenal and regenerating health SUCKED and has basically ruined the genre for me. The game itself is decent, I just loathe it. Mostly because the hype made me think it was gonna be great but it ended up being mediocre and kinda bland.

the entire N64 lineup. Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye, the original smash brothers, Zelda games, etc. I liked any and all of these series before and after the N64, but loathed the N64 iterations for various reasons. Mostly the games jumped to 3D and in turn ended up being clunky and ugly. Basically, the entire industry did a reboot when they transferred to 3D and had to re-learn how to make games smoothe and responsive rather than clunky and glitchy. Wasn't a fan of the PS1 either, aside from the final fantasy games which were menu based and had the cool FMV's to cover their deficiencies. PS2 and Gamecube fixed this, thankfully.

Oh, also hated how Mario 64 turned the entire genre into a fetch quest. Notice how the mario series got rave reviews and record sales on the Wii, where straightforward platforming began to take over from the fetch quests. New super Mario Brothers Wii was a straight 2D sidescroller and the large majority of Mario Galaxy's levels were simple "get to the end" type levels. This is what platforming is, not fetch quests. this is why Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, and the DK64 game all sucked in my eyes.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I wouldn't go as far to say 'hate', but I would say:

Most of the FPS/TPS genre

WRPGs

Animal Crossing

Most realistic sports games

Dragon Age: Origin. One of the game's big selling points: the dialogue, was just horrendous to have to sit through every time I want to get something done. Bland combat and awkward leveling system didn't help.

Other than that, I can't think of any, but there are a LOT of popular games (mostly in the genres FPS, TPS, Racing sims, GTA series, etc.) that I've never touched.

mass Effect 2, but I think I will give it another shot.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius