By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game that everyone loves but you hate

is there a game that everyone loves but you hate?

yes 122 90.37%

no 4 2.96%

can't think of any 9 6.67%

Total:135

These threads tend to be filled with people listing games that are in fact widely hated, but that they are still butthurt about because they think everyone should hate them.

This particular one has been relatively civilised so far; the JRPG fans apparently haven't found it yet.

I would stick my oar in, but I can't decide between Final Fantasy 6 and Ocarina of Time as my vote for the most "stop liking what I don't like" game of all time.

Around the Network

every COD game sucks

The whole FPS genre

MrT-Tar said:
Most realistic sports games

And this

Sports games and FPS.

Around the Network

mass effect series, its good but then you beat it and you feel ripped off. a good game will last you 60 hours or more until you feel bored and never wanna touch it. mass effect 1 and 2 combined are not 60 hours
verdict, rental

uncharted 2: its the only one i played and will be the only one i ever play.
it looks amazing, the story is great
half way through the story it hit me, im bored out of my mind. i wasnt haveing fun at all with it.. platform jump for an hour then have 10 minute gun fight, rinse repeat. multiplayer is poor at best, co-op is ok but really who gets games for co-op anymore and even then its not amazing to where i would spend the $ for it
verdict- rent/avoid

finally there is resistance series.... its bad, really really bad
graphics are OK, sound is bad, story is terrible survival horror that isnt scary is stupid ( crap jumping out at you isnt scary its shocking)
there is no replayability because the game was boring
verdict avoid

usrevenge said:
mass effect series, its good but then you beat it and you feel ripped off. a good game will last you 60 hours or more until you feel bored and never wanna touch it. mass effect 1 and 2 combined are not 60 hours
verdict, rental

uncharted 2: its the only one i played and will be the only one i ever play.
it looks amazing, the story is great
half way through the story it hit me, im bored out of my mind. i wasnt haveing fun at all with it.. platform jump for an hour then have 10 minute gun fight, rinse repeat. multiplayer is poor at best, co-op is ok but really who gets games for co-op anymore and even then its not amazing to where i would spend the $ for it
verdict- rent/avoid

finally there is resistance series.... its bad, really really bad
graphics are OK, sound is bad, story is terrible survival horror that isnt scary is stupid ( crap jumping out at you isnt scary its shocking)
there is no replayability because the game was boring
verdict avoid

Have you played Resistance 3's campaign? I though that was the most interesting FPS campaign this year. Although that doesn't mean all that much, the bar for FPS campaigns is set pretty low :/

I have to agree with ME2. I thought the main story and exploration were finally going to start after recruiting all these people and doing their tasks, then an hour later the game was over. Disappointing.

Dead Rising. To many things were frustrating about that game. While fun, it had its problems that ruined the game for me. I might give Dead Rising 2 a shot some day.

This should be fun....Gran Turismo, Forza, Metroid Prime, Ratchet and Clank, Fable 3, Boom Blox and Every Music Game excluding EBA. Well those are the ones off the top of my head and yes for the first four I mean every game from that series.

Former something....

Kudistos Megistos said:

These threads tend to be filled with people listing games that are in fact widely hated, but that they are still butthurt about because they think everyone should hate them.

This particular one has been relatively civilised so far; the JRPG fans apparently haven't found it yet.

I would stick my oar in, but I can't decide between Final Fantasy 6 and Ocarina of Time as my vote for the most "stop liking what I don't like" game of all time.

oh Trust me, Final Fantasy XIII sucked, but there's enough people that hate it that it doesn't qualify for "that everyone loves" status.  hell, X-2 had a better metacritic and gamerankings score :P

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android