By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game that everyone loves but you hate

is there a game that everyone loves but you hate?

yes 122 90.37%

no 4 2.96%

can't think of any 9 6.67%

Total:135

Halo series and GTA 4.
Havnt got time to write why, because I'm at work but those there.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

smash bros wii and mario kark wii

both of them i hated and took back within a week, smash bros was just button masher get to end beat glove boss and do it all again, and mario kart wii was so barebones i had to trade it in

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Halo.. tried a few times - this is the reason why I have never owned a Microsoft Console and possibly never will do!

Switch!!!

Wilky said:

Top quality post right here

Killzone franchise - Dislike

World of Warcraft, Star Craft, Diablo 3 - Hate

The Elder Scrolls franchise - Dislike

Around the Network

Since when is Halo a "game that everyone loves"?

Last time I checked, people used to use "Halo player" as an insult implying the other person was a 12-year-old with ADHD.

It's a popular game, certainly. But it's certainly not universally loved.

Kudistos Megistos said:
Since when is Halo a "game that everyone loves"?

Last time I checked, people used to use "Halo player" as an insult implying the other person was a 12-year-old with ADHD.

It's a popular game, certainly. But it's certainly not universally loved.

Halo isn't a game that everyone loves, but then again there isn't a single game on the planet that everyone loves (Ok maybe Pacman, or Ocerina of time, but can't confirm :P)

So I assume the guys saying Halo are thinking the same thing as me: "Post really popular games" Otherwise there really isn't a point to this thread is there. ;)

Millenium said:

Halo isn't a game that everyone loves, but then again there isn't a single game on the planet that everyone loves (Ok maybe Pacman, or Ocerina of time, but can't confirm :P)

So I assume the guys saying Halo are thinking the same thing as me: "Post really popular games" Otherwise there really isn't a point to this thread is there. ;)

There are no games that everyone loves, but there are lots of games that receive very little vocal criticism and have no real "hate communities". Halo divides opinion and definitely does have a thriving "hate community" (but maybe not as strong as it used to be, given the recent success of the CoD franchise that has diverted the attention of people who just don't like shooters); it's probably up there with Final Fantasy VII, vying for the title of most viciously hated game of all time.

Also, I said that I hated Ocarina of Time.

Kudistos Megistos said:
Millenium said:

Also, I said that I hated Ocarina of Time.

Didn't see, don't sue me mate :P

Hmm nowadays Halo doesn't really seem to have a larger hate "community" than other games, basiclly every game around, there's always going to be several people to hate on it.

Millenium said:

Hmm nowadays Halo doesn't really seem to have a larger hate "community" than other games, basiclly every game around, there's always going to be several people to hate on it.

Maybe my information is outdated. I definitely remember "Halo player" being a generic insult a few years ago.

And while every game will be hated by a few people, not every game has a large and vocal community of people who seem to spend every waking moment ranting on the internet (like I'm doing now) and listing petty or imagined flaws in the game.

Indeed, one of the things that bothered me about OoT is that it was released at about the same time as FF7, received similar critical acclaim, was commercially very successful and, like FF7, had a large fanbase who considered it the "best game evar". While FF7 receives hate for its zealous fanbase (some haters seem to think that the actions of a fanbase can be used to criticise the game itself), OoT's fanbase seems to get away with it. If it wasn't for this, I'd probably just see the game as mediocre and forgettable, or just plain annoying, rather than worthy of hate.