By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game that everyone loves but you hate

is there a game that everyone loves but you hate?

yes 122 90.37%

no 4 2.96%

can't think of any 9 6.67%

Total:135

Halo games..
Angry birds..
Doom..

Around the Network

No More heroes 1, IMHO the meta score that the PS3 version received is the real score. How can people enjoy going down a corridor fighting boring enemies with boring combos is beyond me. THe only thing that looked cool were the bosses. So glad I skipped it on WIi and so glad that they had a demo on PSN, saved me some money

Gran Turismo - It is just bores me to death. I would probably hate Forza if I played it too, I just don't like simulators.

Oblivion - I watched my friend play it and it looked utterly dull, I do want to try Skyrim though.

This isn't really a hate situation, but most people consider GTA: San Andreas the best, but I think Vice City is the pinnacle of the series.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
Gran Turismo - It is just bores me to death. I would probably hate Forza if I played it too, I just don't like simulators.

Oblivion - I watched my friend play it and it looked utterly dull, I do want to try Skyrim though.

This isn't really a hate situation, but most people consider GTA: San Andreas the best, but I think Vice City is the pinnacle of the series.

I basically hold both of them in equal regard.  while Vice City had the better story/characters, San Andreas had so much more to do and was more fun to play. 

Another one from me: 

EVERYTHING ON THE N64!  IF not for the Final Fantasy series, I'd be saying the same about the PS1 as well.  That generation was just so...bad. While we'd recently mastered fluid motion and pristine controls in 2D, as well has having phenomenal sprite work, the jump to 3D was just horrendous.  Gameplay and presentation both hit the shitter like a depth charge, and the new dimension basically ruined the entire platforming genre for the better part of a decade by substituting actual...you know, platforming, for fetch quests.  "Go find this coin, complete this task, collect these coins"....no.  If I wanna play a platformer, I prefer good old fashioned "get to the end of the level while navigating tricky puzzles and enemies, do some exploration, and maybe find some secrets!"  Mario 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshis Island will always be better games than Mario 64 and Sunshine for a reason.  It's also why New Super Mario Bros outsells all other mario games, and why Donkey Kong Country Returns was such a great seller.  TAKE A HINT! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
JOKA_ said:

I basically hold both of them in equal regard.  while Vice City had the better story/characters, San Andreas had so much more to do and was more fun to play. 

Another one from me: 

EVERYTHING ON THE N64!  IF not for the Final Fantasy series, I'd be saying the same about the PS1 as well.  That generation was just so...bad. While we'd recently mastered fluid motion and pristine controls in 2D, as well has having phenomenal sprite work, the jump to 3D was just horrendous.  Gameplay and presentation both hit the shitter like a depth charge, and the new dimension basically ruined the entire platforming genre for the better part of a decade by substituting actual...you know, platforming, for fetch quests.  "Go find this coin, complete this task, collect these coins"....no.  If I wanna play a platformer, I prefer good old fashioned "get to the end of the level while navigating tricky puzzles and enemies, do some exploration, and maybe find some secrets!"  Mario 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshis Island will always be better games than Mario 64 and Sunshine for a reason.  It's also why New Super Mario Bros outsells all other mario games, and why Donkey Kong Country Returns was such a great seller.  TAKE A HINT! 

The platformer thing makes sense (though I like adventure games, so I enjoy SM64/Banjo because they were kinda adventure-platforming games) And I agree with you on the graphical front, for the most part games on the N64 and PS1 looked terrible compared to SNES games, though I will say anything that was trying to be 3D on the SNES/MD looked better in real 3D (racing games with the behind-vehicle view, and flight games a-la starfox, although Lylat Wars still looked like ass even if it was an improvement)
I can't agree with you on "fluid motion" though, perhaps you mean something else with fluid motion than I do, but fluid motion just wasn't possible on the SNES because the only control you had was of the on/off variety

Around the Network

Skyrim. I just don't understand what the fuss is about the game. I own it and I'm quite a way in but I'm just not that impressed with the graphics or gameplay.

Fallout 3 is the clear choice with Mass Effect 1+2 being not as bad. But their popularity still puzzles me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.