By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game that everyone loves but you hate

is there a game that everyone loves but you hate?

yes 122 90.37%

no 4 2.96%

can't think of any 9 6.67%

Total:135

Never understood the obsession with Guitar Hero. Rock Band is at least fun because you get the chance to rock out on vocals to some of your favorite songs. Otherwise, playing the real instrument is much more fun (at least, for guitar).

Around the Network

Fallout 3.. I got so bored of the game!

Sonic Colors as well, can't seem to see what the hype is all about

Little Big Planet
Gears of war
First Person Shooters in general (with the exception of Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
Gran Turismo
The first Uncharted. I could not finish it. And it was a big letdown because it was the first game I bought for my PS3. The second one is much better.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

PBBN43 said:
chocoloco said:
PBBN43 said:
chocoloco said:
Deus Ex: Human revolution, same as vanquish. 

Deus Ex: Human Revolution  is a Canadian game and it's not really a shooter.

Yeah, I know I just associate Square-Enix with Japan so much. Oh and it is a type of shooter because I was in first person holding a gun.

Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you have to use it. Deux Ex has always had a bigger focus on CQC stealth than on shooting mechanics and that's why the shooting feels kinda sluggish. I finished the 3 Deus Exs games without firing a single bullet.

That is cool, but we all got our own style and mine involved constant guns. The accuracy was just not refined for my tastes at all, I know they did this on purpose to allow many different playing styles, but that is not my thing. I demand accuracy from the beginning from every good shooter and the game just failed for me. Many like it, but that is the point of this thread I did not at all.

TWRoO said:
chocoloco said:
PBBN43 said:
chocoloco said:

Yeah, I know I just associate Square-Enix with Japan so much. Oh and it is a type of shooter because I was in first person holding a gun.

'First Person' is not a game genre, it's a game mechanic, not all games in first person are shooters..... most non first person games are in third person, but that doesn't make them all third person shooters.

That statement is kind of obvious, do not discount the phrase, "holding a gun" in my analyses because it is very relivant to my classification of the game as a shooter.

Around the Network

Any God of War and Battlefield games

oh that's another one. Haven't played God of War 3 yet, but 1 and 2 were horrible. While the combos were kinda cool and the game was brutal as hell, it's a mindless button masher that rewards patience and perseverence over skill, and I hate that. when you're playing a game who's idea of difficulty is merely cranking up the enemy HP and resorting to cheap deaths, I'm not having fun. the puzzles were rudimentary and boring, the combat was repetitive and lacked depth, and the story was...I don't care w hat everyone says, the story was fucking atrocious. "BAWWWW I HAD SO MUCH BLOOD LUST THAT I KILLED EVERYONE BEFORE REALIZING IT WAS MY WIFE AND KIDS BAWWW". that's not tragedy, that's hilariously pathetic. I do not and cannot feel even the slightest hint of remorse for someone who is so violent t hey 'accidentally' kill their family then have the mental retardation to try to blame that on anyone but themselves. Kratos deserved all the pain that came to him and more. fuck kratos in his bleached ass. To make it even worse, you spend 3/4 of the first game killing waves of people and enemies for no apparent reason, because you're not given even a hint of story until late in the game. at least with Dante and Devil May Cry you knew why he was fighting...he was hired to :P

Horrible game in basically every way other than graphics.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

chocoloco said:
TWRoO said:
chocoloco said:
PBBN43 said:
chocoloco said:

'First Person' is not a game genre, it's a game mechanic, not all games in first person are shooters..... most non first person games are in third person, but that doesn't make them all third person shooters.

That statement is kind of obvious, do not discount the phrase, "holding a gun" in my analyses because it is very relivant to my classification of the game as a shooter.

Yes I should have elaborated, the genre of a game is defined by what the game is about... For example I believe you can shoot a gun in Uncharted, but that doesn't mean it's a shooter. Also many people will class Metroid Prime as an adventure game, even though most of the adventuring involves shooting.

Deus Ex is all about upgrading the character, which is why the shooting mechanic is wavy at first... it's an RPG.

I did not like Fallout 3 as much as others had LOVED it.

Also Borderlands is something I absolutely disliked.

Star Fox games....