By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas up(Nov 5)

dsage01 said:
Jay520 said:
Those Battlefield 3 numbers make me sad.

Don't worry it's probably overtracked. Not by much probably but it's still not as close as it is to Uncharted 3. Although based judging previous intsallments after this holiday season is over this game shouldn't sell much

Nah I've seen official numbers, Vgchartz is right on the money, Battlefield 3 on 360 this week sold almost the same amount of copies as Uncharted 3. And actually expect a pretty big drop in sales next week for Uncharted.

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Michael-5 said:

This is the first time I've seen VGC track digital sales. It's not really fair because with digital sales, a lot of other games are actually 1 million sales higher then they are on VGC (GT5P, and Halo 3 for instance).

This isn't really tracking digital sales.  The sale is retail - a bundle containing Fable and Reach.  It just so happens to get Reach you download it.  There is no digitial purchase - i.e. the customer didn't go to Live and purchase Reach: they purchased Reach in the store, the store just gave them a download voucher to get it.

The site is, I'm sure, just counting the bundle as 1 Fable + 1 Halo Reach sale.  There is no source for the site to track digital so far as I know.  The digital download/voucher bit is a red herring here.  For the customer they're buying a bundle at retail that includes those two games.

IMHO anyway.

It's nice if VGC does track digital vouchers from hardware bundles, but if they do this for Halo: Reach, they should update the data and do this for all games. Alan Wake in Particular saw extensive bundling, and sales are probably close double if you count DL Vouchers with the Alan Wake/Forza 3 bundle.

If VGC is counting bundled sales as Halo Sales, this just means more accurate data for the future, but I want VGC to be consistant.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

pots555 said:
Yes! The Lord of the Rings : war in the North sold much better than I anticipated. This game is truly awesome especially if you are a fan of the books. Some awesome less known characters and locations keep appearing. This is fan service at is best. I think that, for the first time, I am becoming a fanboy.

I am a fan of the books (read the hobbit like 5 times, LotR trilogy at least twice and read the Silmarillion and a few other short stories) so I am interested in the game. But between Skyrim and Batman plus my backlog I don't think I will have time to play another game. I guess I should pick it up when it goes on sale.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

PS3 got the smallest boost even with U3 release ?
C'mon...

mjk45 said:
yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:

250k-300k per week !  :0 !!!!! i hope they keep tracking these digital bundle sales, because surely they can just use the fable 3 bundle sales for halo reach aswell!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. If they end up not tracking them I made a thread a while back to track the digital sales of Halo Reach (using the Fable 3 sales)

But yeah I am hoping they continue to track them.

One of the problems with that is knowing how many vouchers are actually redeemed .

1. What makes people think that the Halo Reach sales are digital?  Every year Halo titles increase in sales around the holidays as console sales increase.

2. Why shouldnt the digital copies be included redeemed or not?  Does it matter that 1 of our Kinect Adventures has never been opened (We have 2 360s with Kinect)  Many bundled games are rarely if ever played, certainly was the case with our copy if Wii play. We needed additional controllers and that was what was available.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
reviniente said:

21. Otomedius Excellent (X360) - 1 - 51,027 - 51,027

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Those are the kind of numbers I would expect from Japan!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

menx64 said:

Wii doing good numbers now, I expect great sales from here on. The 3ds is still just doing ok, but the games are just coming to the rescue, a 500k mario FW and then another 600k mario kart FW will surely help to sell a lot of consoles.
Good numbers for harvest moon 3ds, and really sad to see sonic making those numbers, less than 200K on both ps3/360? Sega made a mistake there, sure the games look a lot better than colors, but another colors on the wii would outsell the hd versiond combined easily.

Look at what Sonic is up against on HDs. Uncharted, Batman, COD, AC, etc.  Now look at what Sonic Colors was up against. You see the difference??? Not saying your wrong.