By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
man-bear-pig said:
mjk45 said:
Michael-5 said:
mjk45 said:
Michael-5 said:
Is Halo Reach digital sales? Or is the bundle hard copy?

Hard copy of fable 3 and a digital copy of Halo

This is the first time I've seen VGC track digital sales. It's not really fair because with digital sales, a lot of other games are actually 1 million sales higher then they are on VGC (GT5P, and Halo 3 for instance).

Agreed , it should only happen when we have  data for all digital sales , plus in this case  how do we know the redemption rate .

yeah, they should add digital sales for other games when they are available, but not adding them for reach when they have the data available seems ridiculous, and if they dont it will just cause more confusion in the future when they eventually decide to include them. and of course the codes have been redeemed, who in their right mind wouldnt use them??

Why would it add more confusion if the data was  added in the future ,if anything it should make it even more clearer because it would add not just the exaxct number of vouchers redeemed but also add the number's sold off the marketplace .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
man-bear-pig said:
mjk45 said:

Agreed , it should only happen when we have  data for all digital sales , plus in this case  how do we know the redemption rate .

yeah, they should add digital sales for other games when they are available, but not adding them for reach when they have the data available seems ridiculous, and if they dont it will just cause more confusion in the future when they eventually decide to include them. and of course the codes have been redeemed, who in their right mind wouldnt use them??

Why would it add more confusion if the data was  added in the future ,if anything it should make it even more clearer because it would add not just the exaxct number of vouchers redeemed but also add the number's sold off the marketplace .

If you add digital sales of Reach by counting the number of bundles sold, at least this should also be done for all digital bundles (Alan Wake especially).

I wouldn't mind them addidnt the digital sales of Halo Reach through bundles if they did it for all games in bundles. We would get more accurate sales figures, and still have a clear cut margin of what's included in sales.

This way, we still know random digital downloads, not with bundles, are not included.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Halo Reach sales show that only Halo 4 will likley get like Halo 3 sales or even better.

Yes! The Lord of the Rings : war in the North sold much better than I anticipated. This game is truly awesome especially if you are a fan of the books. Some awesome less known characters and locations keep appearing. This is fan service at is best. I think that, for the first time, I am becoming a fanboy.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

360 steaming along,

U3 did alright,i mean its not on the 360

good to hear about war in the north,looking forward to picking it up,i wish we had $100 giftcards equivalent here in the uk as i'm picking up my new PS3 very soon,its not fair

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
lordmandeep said:
Halo Reach sales show that only Halo 4 will likley get like Halo 3 sales or even better.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Because Halo Reach is being bundled for the holidays it could very well come at least close to Halo 3 sales.

mjk45 said:
thismeintiel said:
ethomaz said:
I can say... undertracked... there are Uncharted 3 bundles in US... PS3 sales is always underestimated here.

But that's fine... always have adjustments.

Have to agree.  We have Uncharted 3 selling ~581K (which I also think is slightly undertracked given the pre-order numbers we had for), yet the normal holiday rise + UC3 bundles only gave the PS3 a 10K bump?  Not buying that for a sec. 

Though, I do have to say, I kinda like PS3 being undertracked.  Not only have I gotten used to it, but it also makes adjustment time so wonderfully enjoyable and sweet. 

Then again who knows , without UC3 PS3 might have  gone down from last week instead of up.

I kinda doubt that.  I mean you have the normal rise from HW around this time a year (the Wii's sales help illustrate this), which will be helped even more by the price cut.  Plus, PS3 also got a few giftcard deals last week. 

Wii doing good numbers now, I expect great sales from here on. The 3ds is still just doing ok, but the games are just coming to the rescue, a 500k mario FW and then another 600k mario kart FW will surely help to sell a lot of consoles.
Good numbers for harvest moon 3ds, and really sad to see sonic making those numbers, less than 200K on both ps3/360? Sega made a mistake there, sure the games look a lot better than colors, but another colors on the wii would outsell the hd versiond combined easily.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I'm expecting Wii, DS, PS2, PSP and X360 to all be down a fair bit in the USA over the next two months, with PS3 basically flat. As has been stated previously, Walmart, Toys R US, Best Buy, Game Stop, Amazon, and Target have all been offering steep Kinect and Kinect w/ X360 discounts over the past few weeks. The problem is Kinect made X360 do almost 1.4m in the US last Nov, which was a historically huge rise from October. A more normal October to November transition for X360 would be around 850k-1m. Same goes for Wii, although putting Zelda just ahead of Black Friday should assure a slightly bigger multiplier effect from Oct to Nov since all the big HD software is out by mid-month vs. late month for Wii.

3DS on the other hand should see fairly amazing sales for Nov-Dec relative to how poor its figures were into mid-August. I just re-looked at my models and 3DS / PS3 both look like they'll get to around 14m-14.5m for the fiscal year which is pretty good.

Next year should be fairly similar to this year but down for the existing consoles.

For those saying wait for NPD, Iwata was citing an "NOA report" in saying Wii was up in the first three weeks of October vs. 2010 in the US. To me that's either data from Walmart / Target and major retailers or preliminary figures from NPD which are available to the manufacturers.

Year end figures for the US really should be 6 / 6 / 5 ish this year for the consoles vs. essentially 7/7/4 in 2010. Amazing to think that we're going to have two US consoles at / nearly at / above what PS2 sold pretty soon, and in one generation. Wii will be 6-7m behind PS2 in the US by year end, with X360 15m-16m behind roughly.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Michael-5 said:
mjk45 said:
Michael-5 said:
Is Halo Reach digital sales? Or is the bundle hard copy?

Hard copy of fable 3 and a digital copy of Halo

This is the first time I've seen VGC track digital sales. It's not really fair because with digital sales, a lot of other games are actually 1 million sales higher then they are on VGC (GT5P, and Halo 3 for instance).

This isn't really tracking digital sales.  The sale is retail - a bundle containing Fable and Reach.  It just so happens to get Reach you download it.  There is no digitial purchase - i.e. the customer didn't go to Live and purchase Reach: they purchased Reach in the store, the store just gave them a download voucher to get it.

The site is, I'm sure, just counting the bundle as 1 Fable + 1 Halo Reach sale.  There is no source for the site to track digital so far as I know.  The digital download/voucher bit is a red herring here.  For the customer they're buying a bundle at retail that includes those two games.

IMHO anyway.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...