By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 is a MAJOR flop, Americans, we need to talk about it.

Tagged games:

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
What? I said something good about Uncharted 3 and someone insulted me and got banned on it? What the hell? It's like anything I say about PS3 people flip out on.

No, this was his response to you:

"Even UC2 will break 5 million, UC3 is doing alot better than UC2 first week, it can probably even reach 6 million lifetime".

He was banned for insulting the OP.

Oh I see.

Well you never know, UC3 might not break 5 million, it could end up being a lot more headstrong then UC2, but have weaker legs. Using Gears 3 as an example, I used to think it would get 7-8 million, but now I think 6.5 -7 million is more realistic, even with week 1 sales being larger then Gears 1 and 2 combined. The game is more head strong.

However a counter example is Black Ops. Week 1 sales were stronger then MW2, and it did taper off more quickly, but it still surpassed MW2.

Anything can happen for UC3, I think it will break 5 million like UC2 will and end up somewhere between 5-6 million, like UC2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Poker card game rules and online poker strategy learn from bangbangpoker.com. Read our card games strategy, rules, tips and

updated post for winning card games.Sit and go tournaments is the perfect format of the poker game for all those players who do

not wish or cannot spend hours of continues play that is involved in normal or regular poker tournaments.

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
What? I said something good about Uncharted 3 and someone insulted me and got banned on it? What the hell? It's like anything I say about PS3 people flip out on.

No, this was his response to you:

"Even UC2 will break 5 million, UC3 is doing alot better than UC2 first week, it can probably even reach 6 million lifetime".

He was banned for insulting the OP.

Oh I see.

Well you never know, UC3 might not break 5 million, it could end up being a lot more headstrong then UC2, but have weaker legs. Using Gears 3 as an example, I used to think it would get 7-8 million, but now I think 6.5 -7 million is more realistic, even with week 1 sales being larger then Gears 1 and 2 combined. The game is more head strong.

However a counter example is Black Ops. Week 1 sales were stronger then MW2, and it did taper off more quickly, but it still surpassed MW2.

Anything can happen for UC3, I think it will break 5 million like UC2 will and end up somewhere between 5-6 million, like UC2.

Same here. I'm not sure it's gonna outdo UC2. I think it'll do about 5.0 million lifetime.

News at 8 or 3. Ahh whichever. "Despite some confusion this morning about whether the number represented units shipped or units sold, Sony has now confirmed to IGN that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold 3.8 million copies worldwide on its first day in stores.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212156p1.html Party everyone or a game of coop perhaps.

green_sky said:
News at 8 or 3. Ahh whichever. "Despite some confusion this morning about whether the number represented units shipped or units sold, Sony has now confirmed to IGN that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold 3.8 million copies worldwide on its first day in stores.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212156p1.html Party everyone or a game of coop perhaps.

I'll play that coop game, but really?  Did the game sell 3 million units everywhere else in the world?

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
green_sky said:

I'll play that coop game, but really?  Did the game sell 3 million units everywhere else in the world?

I really enjoy the series but it seems quite far fetched to me. First the news what that is shipped 3.8 million units but than Sony corrected them that it infact actually sold that much. Quite high but oh well. More importantly it is doing better than we thought. :) 

green_sky said:
darkknightkryta said:
green_sky said:

I really enjoy the series but it seems quite far fetched to me. First the news what that is shipped 3.8 million units but than Sony corrected them that it infact actually sold that much. Quite high but oh well. More importantly it is doing better than we thought. :) 

It is, but has VGChartz been slipping this much?  I mean, I know they've been wrong lately, comparing NDP reports (Or so people say, I havn't looked at NDP for a while), but 3 million in others, seems a bit high to me... unless Harrison Ford sold Uncharted to Japan.

darkknightkryta said:
green_sky said:
darkknightkryta said:
green_sky said:

It is, but has VGChartz been slipping this much?  I mean, I know they've been wrong lately, comparing NDP reports (Or so people say, I havn't looked at NDP for a while), but 3 million in others, seems a bit high to me... unless Harrison Ford sold Uncharted to Japan.

That is the best bet. Uncharted is the new Monster Hunter in Japan. 2 million sold day 1 :P

green_sky said:
darkknightkryta said:

That is the best bet. Uncharted is the new Monster Hunter in Japan. 2 million sold day 1 :P

That's always the trick eh?  Get those Japanese people to buy things and you'll see some crazy sales.  Too bad their mutually exclusive, like what sells in the U.S. doesn't sell in Japan, what sells in Japan doesn't sell here.  Only Nintendo and Final Fantasy (Which is declining steadily in Japan), sell well everywhere.

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

Oh I see.

Same here. I'm not sure it's gonna outdo UC2. I think it'll do about 5.0 million lifetime.

I think both will get to 5.5 million, maybe even 6 million if they can maintain strong legs. As the highest rated PS3 exclusives, they might be able to do that.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results