By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 is a MAJOR flop, Americans, we need to talk about it.

Tagged games:

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
What? I said something good about Uncharted 3 and someone insulted me and got banned on it? What the hell? It's like anything I say about PS3 people flip out on.

No, this was his response to you:

"Even UC2 will break 5 million, UC3 is doing alot better than UC2 first week, it can probably even reach 6 million lifetime".

He was banned for insulting the OP.

Oh I see.

Well you never know, UC3 might not break 5 million, it could end up being a lot more headstrong then UC2, but have weaker legs. Using Gears 3 as an example, I used to think it would get 7-8 million, but now I think 6.5 -7 million is more realistic, even with week 1 sales being larger then Gears 1 and 2 combined. The game is more head strong.

However a counter example is Black Ops. Week 1 sales were stronger then MW2, and it did taper off more quickly, but it still surpassed MW2.

Anything can happen for UC3, I think it will break 5 million like UC2 will and end up somewhere between 5-6 million, like UC2.

Same here. I'm not sure it's gonna outdo UC2. I think it'll do about 5.0 million lifetime.

you think it will only sell i little more than a million more lifetime?

it will reach 5 million by this time next year.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
What? I said something good about Uncharted 3 and someone insulted me and got banned on it? What the hell? It's like anything I say about PS3 people flip out on.

No, this was his response to you:

"Even UC2 will break 5 million, UC3 is doing alot better than UC2 first week, it can probably even reach 6 million lifetime".

He was banned for insulting the OP.

Oh I see.

Well you never know, UC3 might not break 5 million, it could end up being a lot more headstrong then UC2, but have weaker legs. Using Gears 3 as an example, I used to think it would get 7-8 million, but now I think 6.5 -7 million is more realistic, even with week 1 sales being larger then Gears 1 and 2 combined. The game is more head strong.

However a counter example is Black Ops. Week 1 sales were stronger then MW2, and it did taper off more quickly, but it still surpassed MW2.

Anything can happen for UC3, I think it will break 5 million like UC2 will and end up somewhere between 5-6 million, like UC2.

Same here. I'm not sure it's gonna outdo UC2. I think it'll do about 5.0 million lifetime.

Wha? I said about 5 million lifetime.

Anyway, I'm thinking the heavy releases this holiday & lack of impactful price cut will put a damper on the holdiay sales compared to Uncharted 2.

With games like Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Batman, Revelations, etc. I'm not sure if Uncharted will get the same amount of purchases that Uncharted 2 received. I know I personally have UC3 lower on my list than UC2 simply because of more important games releasing. There's certainly a lesser chance of it receiving the same share of GOTY awards as UC2. With games like Skyrim, Skyward Sword, & Batman being scored with more praise, UC3 probably won't have the connotation of "unanimous GOTY" like UC2.

And then you have the $50 price cut compared to the $100 price cut. This will likely result in lower HW sales, which, coupled with the aforementioned intense competition, should result in lower sales.

The only thing I think UC3 has going for it, in terms of outselling UC2, is the multiplayer. The multiplayer is much more improved than UC2's IMO and many previewers & friends of mine feel the same. This could help it out, but I wouldn't bet on it.

RolStoppable said:
Jay520 said:
osamanobama said:
Jay520 said:

Connect the dots.

A couple of days ago Sony announced that Uncharted 3 "sold" 3.8m first day. So selling a little bit more than a million more amounts to five million.

The weird thing is that osamanobama talked with me about common sense and logic regarding the 3.8m figure a day ago, but the timestamp on his post here reads 10 hours ago.

I'm sure he knows I wasn't referring to shipments.

Speaking of shipments, I'm thinking that 3.8m figure might last a long while.

Nah, I don't think he's retarded.

There must be some other explanation for his "only a million more" statement.

RolStoppable said:
Jay520 said:
osamanobama said:
Jay520 said:

Connect the dots.

A couple of days ago Sony announced that Uncharted 3 "sold" 3.8m first day. So selling a little bit more than a million more amounts to five million.

The weird thing is that osamanobama talked with me about common sense and logic regarding the 3.8m figure a day ago, but the timestamp on his post here reads 10 hours ago.

im clearly talking about shipped

anyway they will sell that 3.8 million by the end of this year, and come close to 5 million by the end of next

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Nah, I don't think he's retarded.

There must be some other explanation for his "only a million more" statement.

you are right the doctors confirmed it, they were suspicuous that i might be, but they ran some tests. and it turns out im 2 IQ points away from having to be bed ridden always wearing a helmet. its quite funny watching me try to eat watermelon though.

osamanobama said:
RolStoppable said:
Jay520 said:
osamanobama said:
Jay520 said:

Connect the dots.

im clearly talking about shipped

anyway they will sell that 3.8 million by the end of this year, and come close to 5 million by the end of next

Well, my original reply to Michael-5 was about sales to consumers, so..... yeah....