By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 is a MAJOR flop, Americans, we need to talk about it.

Tagged games:

Hey guys,

I thought we need to talk about this:

The sequel to the very successful Uncharted 2: Among Thieves named Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold a disastrous 550k FW in America, only a terrible 30% rise from the prequel. Many analysts are already very worried about the situation.

You may wonder how this is bad, well, many well known analysts predicted over 1M for Uncharted 3 in Americas alone, even if some of them were more rational, the sales are still dissapointing considering Uncharted 2 had a HUGE boost from preorders to FW, and that is what matters, right?

In my opinion, it is because of the game's mixed to negative reception, lack of realism, a lot of major complains from various users around the world.

Also, the fact that according to many, Uncharted 3 got overshadowed by the much better Arkham City, a game that by comparisson, sold triple of Uncharted 3's First week.

Source

Around the Network

is it a "full" first week though?

like im believing these numbers lol! and if your talking major flop didn't forza only sell 240k first week? so nice try

and batman better then Uncharted?? LOLOLOLOOL this thread is the biggest troll ever, mixed reviews?? the game got a troll 5/10 and has been given over 55 perfect 10's nice try again "really"

and lack of innovation?? what the hell was the game ment to do next! you cant really improve on a game which many critics thought was perfect

the only bit missing from this thread is you saying Uncharted sucks

and if this game is only a 30% increase from a game that sold 5 million copys wouldn't this game end up selling

5m x 0.30 = 1.5m

total sales 6.5m

Terrible game, well deserved flop. 5/10.
Gears 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rouge Warrior>Uncharted 3

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:

93 > 91

fail

Around the Network
Pikachuu said:

like im believing these numbers lol! and if your talking major flop didn't forza only sell 240k first week? so nice try

and batman better then Uncharted?? LOLOLOLOOL this thread is the biggest troll ever, mixed reviews?? the game got a troll 5/10 and has been given over 55 perfect 10's nice try again "really"

and lack of innovation?? what the hell was the game ment to do next! you cant really improve on a game which many critics thought was perfect

I never said anything about lack of innovation, get your facts straight.

It will do just fine. The competition this holiday is insane. While I can see a lot of people being turned off by U3's slow pace (in the beginning) and overly familiar elements, I have no doubt that the game's overall quality will make it a success. It'll reach 5 million, eventually.

morenoingrato said:
Pikachuu said:

I never said anything about lack of innovation, get your facts straight.

well calling a game with a 30 % increase of a game that sold 5million isn't a flop so get your facts straight

Attoyou said:

Please stop, you're just ridiculing Gears 3 which is a great game though but Uncharted 3 seems to be better by all means in its own way.

500k isn't too bad for a garbage game published by a garbage company. After playing through the campaign a couple of times and pouring quite a few hours into the multiplayer, I feel qualified to say that Uncharted 3 shouldn't have even sold 500 copies. Worst Game of the Year candidate, for sure.