By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Best game ever - (No Spoilers)

Tagged games:

d21lewis said:
Beautiful game but....enemy AI is a little retarded, some animations are jarring, pacing can be a little too slow, everywhere Drake steps, the floor collapses, story is a tad too familiar, gunplay is only average, enemies don't react realistically to being shot or shot at, and platforming is too forgiving. Sometimes, it feels like it's playing itself, too.

Great puzzles, some of the best graphics you can find, halarious characters and amazing dialog, some spectacular set pieces, and great voice acting.....but it's not perfect. I'm playing on Normal and I'm just getting to the part where you meet Elena. I expect it to get better. The second chapter blew away all expectations, too.

Pretty  much how i feel. I played on hard so the AI was somewhat better i assume. The best of the series and one of my favourite franchies and games this generation along with Assassin's Creed. It really is quite special and they have crafted the best interactive movie gaming experience. 

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Made my way up the Chapter 16 (I'm about to board the plane). It definately gets better from Chapter 6 onwards. I'm kinda sad they removed the Iron Fist, I loved running up an enemy while gunning like a madmen to finish him off with a punch in the face.

On the treasure side of things, I think I'm doing good... I think I've got 37 so far. Not bad considering I'm not making that much effort to find them.

There are just too many treasures this time. There are around 100 i think and i got around 45 ish. The last few chapters are certainly my favourite. Enjoy :)

d21lewis said:
Beautiful game but....enemy AI is a little retarded, some animations are jarring, pacing can be a little too slow, everywhere Drake steps, the floor collapses, story is a tad too familiar, gunplay is only average, enemies don't react realistically to being shot or shot at, and platforming is too forgiving. Sometimes, it feels like it's playing itself, too.

Great puzzles, some of the best graphics you can find, halarious characters and amazing dialog, some spectacular set pieces, and great voice acting.....but it's not perfect. I'm playing on Normal and I'm just getting to the part where you meet Elena. I expect it to get better. The second chapter blew away all expectations, too.

Seriously. It loses a little of its impact the ten thousandth time the world collapses under your feet, even when there's a scary ass inferno threatening to swallow you up below.

After my first playthrough on Normal, I thought Uncharted 3 was pretty inferior to UC2. The most memorable stuff was all the crazy environmental shit (and the jaw-dropping vista in the desert that made me want Journey nownowNowNowNOWNOWNOW), but the ending seemed so rushed (don't even get me started on that copout of a swerve) and when it was over I couldn't remember having a single balls out firefight. However, my second playthrough on Crushing was much more engaging. Especially that first shootout in the ghost town where you don't even start with a gun. Holy hell! I'd still say it's not quite up to the level of Uncharted 2, which for my tastes just had a better balance of... everything, really, but it's still an awesome, awesome game. And I definitely prefer the multiplayer in 3.

Just have to say some of the people that made the game obviously have to have done acid and shroom.

Christhor said:
I've been without internet since thursday, so obviously all I have been doing is playing vidyagames. I got the special edition of Uncharted 3 (I swear, this version has the most awesome cover I have ever seen) on friday and beat the game on saturday. The game was great, don't get me wrong, I was absolutely blown away by it on a technical level. However, it felt as if the game played itself a lot of the time and that I was always able to know what was going to happen next. See some cover? I should get behind that, will probably be an ambush. Then the guys throw down some smoke grenades and ambush us. You're climbing up and you see a ventilation thing, or whatever the heck those things are? Better get behind that, because some baddies are going to be shooting you from above. Cracks in the floor? Don't worry, you'll be falling through that in a moment. Then you have various thing you climb on convinently breaking, but not completely and no matter how long you take, it always falls down the second you're off it. I dunno, it all just seemed so predictable, and as if the game didn't need me at all. It was the same with the story, honestly, I was able to predict most of the things that were going to happen, and I was able to see through a lot of the twist. Maybe it was just because most of it was so similar to UC2.

It just felt as if Naughty Dog had focused too much on making it a "cinematic-experienc" than a game, which I guess I don't like. Ironically though, my two favourite parts were purely cinematic: when you are drugged and when you're walking through the desert.

Right after playing through Uncharted 3, I decided to play Batman: Arkham Asylum, which I've had lying around since june, but never bothered to play due to thinking it was going to blow. But I must admit, I found that to be a faaaar more fun game than Uncharted 3, despite being nowhere near as technically impressive. I guess I just like games more than movies, whoda thunk?

I agree with all of the bolded. Those parts of the game were 100% predictable and overused. 

Another flaw I didn't care for was fighting the big bad guys hand-to-hand. How many nut-kicks can one man do in a videogame?

Even with the flaws, this is still one of the best games I've ever played and the different locales featured in the game seemed more adventurous than the ones in UC2. And after thinking about it all day, this is an overall better game than UC2. Mainly because it had 150% more Sully in it.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

I just beat the game and I can honestly say that I have never been so sad to see the game end. I wish it could have gone on for at least 20 more chapters

Beat the game. Interesting closing chapters, but the end game play seemed too much the same and was not very challenging. Time for the hardest mode. Uncharted 2 is the better game because it was the most original. Uncharted 3 improved some things, but not enough to make it better.

Edit: The multiplayer is way improved loving it so much more. With that in mind, I now say the games are on par. Love the upgrade system and the fact that there is free for all matches. The level designs are much better as well. I might get addicted to this for awhile.

TruckOSaurus said:
Made my way up the Chapter 16 (I'm about to board the plane). It definately gets better from Chapter 6 onwards. I'm kinda sad they removed the Iron Fist, I loved running up an enemy while gunning like a madmen to finish him off with a punch in the face.

On the treasure side of things, I think I'm doing good... I think I've got 37 so far. Not bad considering I'm not making that much effort to find them.

The iron fist is still present bro! Sometimes you can hipfire and try to only land 1 shot, if they live and you press square; you do some awesome animation such as throwing the gun at the guy, making him hold it and then punching him in the face, grabbing your gun back in air XD. Or just swinging your M9 at him.

People seem to like UC3, and the few who say that UC2 is better seem to feel that UC2 had a more fresh feel to it when it came. Obviously thats understandable. My question to those is:
Would you still rather play UC2 than UC3 though? Obviously UC3 is new, and to me it is far better in every aspect (I know some disagree), but would you actually rather play UC2 over UC3 RIGHT now? Because I am litterarly having dreams of UC4 and the way I play it is just like UC3. After playing the UC2 train level yesterday just to see how the feeling differs, it really Really REALLY feels like such a downgrade (obviously, thats how it SHOULD play if the sequel is to be better).

I can say UC2 did have a bigger impact obviously. I was one that really loved it but some parts such as the boss fight and the train sequence.. while being amazing, felt really "Meh" after experiencing God of War 3. I figured it was because God of War 3 is like ..this steroid type of game, and I understood that Naughty Dog's Uncharted has another type of appeal. But holy fuck I did not expect UC3 to blow me away like it did. AND MY EXPECTATIONS were arguably the highest of many here. I was responsible for like 75% of the UC3 threads XD.

I think you need to differ between the game being "better" and it being "better for its time".

UC2 in 2009 was mindblowing. Mind you, there was no God of War 3, no Mass Effect 2. The only game I felt had a chance on its epicness, and well.. was better in my opinion, was Metal Gear Solid 4. But UC2 and MGS4 were the only games in their own league (FOR ME. Not saying there were no other games).

But after 2009, there has been a lot of games that have the same approach. I don't know if Naughty Dog is responsible for this XD after the huge success of UC2 but yeah...

UC3 in 2011 beat my expectations and makes UC2 pale in comparison for me. It really does. Thats what makes me define UC3 as a better game than UC2. Obviously not with the same impact on the gaming world though. Although the set pieces will wow a lot of players. I highly recommend playing UC2 all over again AFTER UC3, then completing UC3 once more.

It really is hard to not enjoy UC3 a little bit more in my opinion :P. And who doesn't love Sully?!

Just when I decided to get very portion portion of the gameplay last night in Uncharted 3, thumbs up if u thought at 0:55 was cutscene....truly amazing!!
http://youtu.be/4xvD9C8bb_U

GameAnalyser said:

Just when I decided to get very portion portion of the gameplay last night in Uncharted 3, thumbs up if u thought at 0:55 was cutscene....truly amazing!!
http://youtu.be/4xvD9C8bb_U

Theres no need for this bro. Anyone that has played the game knows how fucking ridicilous this game looks. So insane its crazy!