By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Best game ever - (No Spoilers)

Tagged games:

Machina said:
ethomaz said:
So far my favorite game this generation .

Most shocking thing I've read in this thread so far. Time to take down that GT5 logo in your avatar!

GT5 is serious business for me... just like a pro... it's not my fovorite game it's more, it's my hobbie... Uncharted is more to enjoy and laugh... so my favorite franchise this gen.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
One other minor complaint that I just thought of: Was in a gunfight and I was getting plowed by the bad guys. I dove into the water and layed low, picking them off one by one. Got to the next section and I was getting plowed by the bad guys. I dove into the water and immediately died!

What's the difference between the water on the south side of a boat and water on the north side of a boat!? Sharks? I wasn't that high up! In fact, I jumped off of the bow of a boat almost twice as high as a fall that would normally kill Drake (if I dared to go somewhere the devs didn't intend) and he survived without a scratch. How about some consistency, here?

Sorry about being so negative, Aldro. It's a five-star triple-A game but when you make a thread called "Best game ever", that's an open invitation for my hater side to come out!

When I realized Uncharted would always have inconsistent treatment of environments I decided to make it my own little private game.  Now I can't resist testing the environemnt - can I jump down 30 feet here?  Yup, bit of a stumble on landing but man Drake must have amazing shock absorbers.  Can I jump down 10 feet here?  Nope!  Arghhh.  Drake must have stange legs because I could make that jump.  Water gets the same treatment - Olympic dive possible here?  Sure.  Gentle drop from 15 feet here?  Arghh.  It's like concrete!  Maybe they should have borrrowed the shark from Arkham City to make it more plausible...

OT - wrapped up on Hard playthrough last night.  Overall... best SP yet for me in the series.  The plane, desert and horse sequences were my favourites this time around.  I'll say no more for fear of spoliers.

Of course I could nitpick, but hey, I was smiling a lot - apart from a certain arena battle that for some reason gave me a lot of trouble near the end - and overall had a blast so what the hell.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

sorry don't know where to go lol i need help

once i have finished the game, say im on 30 kills with my ak 47 do i get to keep that 30 kills so i can go for the trophy? if i restart the game"?

d21lewis said:
One other minor complaint that I just thought of: Was in a gunfight and I was getting plowed by the bad guys. I dove into the water and layed low, picking them off one by one. Got to the next section and I was getting plowed by the bad guys. I dove into the water and immediately died!

What's the difference between the water on the south side of a boat and water on the north side of a boat!? Sharks? I wasn't that high up! In fact, I jumped off of the bow of a boat almost twice as high as a fall that would normally kill Drake (if I dared to go somewhere the devs didn't intend) and he survived without a scratch. How about some consistency, here?

Sorry about being so negative, Aldro. It's a five-star triple-A game but when you make a thread called "Best game ever", that's an open invitation for my hater side to come out!

I love linear cinematic experiences. Its the reason I play game. Thats the reason I play games and why UC3 is the best game I have ever played.

Quite difficult to say any game does linear singleplayer experiences kinda' like the Uncharted series. Also why I love God of War and MGS.

brendude13 said:
Ok...

Just did the desert part, I am lost for words.

The quality of the game has really fluctuated in my opinion, it has had its highs and it has had its lows. The desert chapter is easily the biggest high in the game so far, absolutely amazing, the best graphics in any video game I have ever seen by a long shot.

I know! Fucking sick!!!

Around the Network

I too am at the desert part. So fucking awesome--the weather is pretty cool where I live and that part made ME thirsty! Awesome how Naughty Dog pulled that off. I guess I'm near the end.

Couple of things that bother me: 1.) I still don't know Drakes reason for this whole adventure. It's like a lot of things have happened without a real purpose. Is Nate just adicted to adventure? Chloe and Elena have touched on this. Hopefully all will be revealed, soon.

2.) Can anything me up Nathan's perfect hair?

Americas preview has UC3 with a 550k first week sales..

d21lewis said:
I too am at the desert part. So fucking awesome--the weather is pretty cool where I live and that part made ME thirsty! Awesome how Naughty Dog pulled that off. I guess I'm near the end.

Couple of things that bother me: 1.) I still don't know Drakes reason for this whole adventure. It's like a lot of things have happened without a real purpose. Is Nate just adicted to adventure? Chloe and Elena have touched on this. Hopefully all will be revealed, soon.

What I can share in a hopefully non-spoliery way:

1 - the reason is explained more from an emotional context than anything else and comes from the context and strands in the game rather than any specific and clear piece of exposition.  Nathan for personal reasons fixated on Francis Drake at an early age (touched on in the game and referencing back to DF), he had a theory that Francis Drake went somewhere at a certain point of his voyage (touched on in the game), and he was robbed of his chance to explore this by Marlowe (touched on in the game).  For twenty years we're to assume he and Sully have tried and failed to lure her back into the limelight (brief piece of exposition in the game).  Now, they finally have and he's determined no matter what to follow the trail he saw himself as being the only one smart enough to work out.  As with all personal obsessions he covers it up by claiming "treasure" in the most generic sense as the goal.  But clearly it isn't.  His reasons are all personal and deep rooted and that's what makes everyone around him question his motives

2 - Nope.  I suspect Nate's hair would survive a nuke without needing a fridge

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
d21lewis said:

What I can share in a hopefully non-spoliery way:

1 - the reason is explained more from an emotional context than anything else and comes from the context and strands in the game rather than any specific and clear piece of exposition.  Nathan for personal reasons fixated on Francis Drake at an early age (touched on in the game and referencing back to DF), he had a theory that Francis Drake went somewhere at a certain point of his voyage (touched on in the game), and he was robbed of his chance to explore this by Marlowe (touched on in the game).  For twenty years we're to assume he and Sully have tried and failed to lure her back into the limelight (brief piece of exposition in the game).  Now, they finally have and he's determined no matter what to follow the trail he saw himself as being the only one smart enough to work out.  As with all personal obsessions he covers it up by claiming "treasure" in the most generic sense as the goal.  But clearly it isn't.  His reasons are all personal and deep rooted and that's what makes everyone around him question his motives

2 - Nope.  I suspect Nate's hair would survive a nuke without needing a fridge

This is very spot on! Well written :D

It's a good game,but not the best game ever. The game really did'nt get started until it got to chapter 14. I thought the last 9 chapter's,made up for the first 13.