By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Best game ever - (No Spoilers)

Tagged games:

I'm only in Chapter 6 (Chateau in France) and right now I think UC2 is still my favorite. The intro of UC3 was way too slow, it wasn't until to end of Chapter 5 that you get to have a real gun fight.

EDIT: Also, Chloe looks weird, like there's something different from UC2.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm only in Chapter 6 (Chateau in France) and right now I think UC2 is still my favorite. The intro of UC3 was way too slow, it wasn't until to end of Chapter 5 that you get to have a real gun fight.

EDIT: Also, Chloe looks weird, like there's something different from UC2.

Agreed.

First of all, Chloe looks wierd. And secondly, the start of UC3 was quite confusing, the pacing wasn't right and you were thrown in the deep end.

From Chapter 6 onwards it gets better though, and from Chapter 10 onwards it gets even better, mindblowing even. I'm on Chapter 12 now and I'm having a blast.

I actually love the pace of the game, its really good in my opinion. In Uncharted 2, you're kinda thrown into it and the whole flashbacks until the point where you are halfway through the game was a bit too much. I love this far more and Chapter 2 was just such an amazing surprise.

Aldro said:
I actually love the pace of the game, its really good in my opinion. In Uncharted 2, you're kinda thrown into it and the whole flashbacks until the point where you are halfway through the game was a bit too much. I love this far more and Chapter 2 was just such an amazing surprise.

Apart from the fact that you had to climb out of the fucking train two times per playthrough, Uncharted 2's intro was genius, you thought to yourself "How the hell did Drake get into this position?"

Signature goes here!

I got to the part where Sully says, "Well, well, well." (It's funny because it was a well...) on Wednesday. Didn't feel the urge to play at all on Thursday. Jumped back into it today and really had a blast!!

Minor gripes with the gunfights: I was walking through a cave and saw the infamous "Chest high walls" from Gears of War. I automatically knew it was gonna be a gunfight! Two seconds later, it was an ambush!! And who the hell runs up to fistfight in the middle of a gunfight? Those big brutes, that's who! Maybe something will be revealed later but.....is there a reason why these guys can absorb so many bullets?

After that, it was pretty awesome. Not quite sure what Drake's motivation is but I had fun. The next gunfight pissed me off to no end. My stealthy MGS tactics failed. On guy by himself would spot me. I'd take him out before he said a word and all of his friends STILL knew where I was. It was too many of them and it made no sense why they had so many turrets set up! But, when I took them down, I felt like a king.

Story has picked up a bit. I suspect I'm about to be blown away by "the cruise ship scene", soon. I was literally blown away by the water effects during the fire fight, too. At first, I ignored it. It was just water. Then I thought about it. THIS IS VIDEO GAME WATER! Then, I just stopped and looked at it for a while.

I've died a few pointless deaths (Drake wouldn't climb down when I told him too--and another time, he climbed a girder and hopped off without me telling him to!) but that's forgiveable since the checkpoints are so frequent. U3 has finally turned into a game instead of a "cinematic experience". I'm thinking it's a 9/10 at this point. Could go higher depending on what happens when I play it tomorrow.....

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I got to the part where Sully says, "Well, well, well." (It's funny because it was a well...) on Wednesday. Didn't feel the urge to play at all on Thursday. Jumped back into it today and really had a blast!!

Minor gripes with the gunfights: I was walking through a cave and saw the infamous "Chest high walls" from Gears of War. I automatically knew it was gonna be a gunfight! Two seconds later, it was an ambush!! And who the hell runs up to fistfight in the middle of a gunfight? Those big brutes, that's who! Maybe something will be revealed later but.....is there a reason why these guys can absorb so many bullets?

After that, it was pretty awesome. Not quite sure what Drake's motivation is but I had fun. The next gunfight pissed me off to no end. My stealthy MGS tactics failed. On guy by himself would spot me. I'd take him out before he said a word and all of his friends STILL knew where I was. It was too many of them and it made no sense why they had so many turrets set up! But, when I took them down, I felt like a king.

Story has picked up a bit. I suspect I'm about to be blown away by "the cruise ship scene", soon. I was literally blown away by the water effects during the fire fight, too. At first, I ignored it. It was just water. Then I thought about it. THIS IS VIDEO GAME WATER! Then, I just stopped and looked at it for a while.

I've died a few pointless deaths (Drake wouldn't climb down when I told him too--and another time, he climbed a girder and hopped off without me telling him to!) but that's forgiveable since the checkpoints are so frequent. U3 has finally turned into a game instead of a "cinematic experience". I'm thinking it's a 9/10 at this point. Could go higher depending on what happens when I play it tomorrow.....

I'm at the exact same point as you.

I'm getting a bit restless though, it's dragging on and I keep getting stuck on parts that do not make sense, such as getting cornered or trying to kill this "juggernaught" guy I'm stuck on now.

Hopefully it gets better, I was amazed by the part in Yemen.

One other minor complaint that I just thought of: Was in a gunfight and I was getting plowed by the bad guys. I dove into the water and layed low, picking them off one by one. Got to the next section and I was getting plowed by the bad guys. I dove into the water and immediately died!

What's the difference between the water on the south side of a boat and water on the north side of a boat!? Sharks? I wasn't that high up! In fact, I jumped off of the bow of a boat almost twice as high as a fall that would normally kill Drake (if I dared to go somewhere the devs didn't intend) and he survived without a scratch. How about some consistency, here?

Sorry about being so negative, Aldro. It's a five-star triple-A game but when you make a thread called "Best game ever", that's an open invitation for my hater side to come out!

@ d21Lewis stop hating because of the title it is more like a thread talking about our experiences.

The run fun gun fights have started more in the second half and the game is much better for it. The game forces you at least on hard mode to fight with some hand to hand combat and I love that aspect of it. This also causes many of the trophies to be gotten easily. Also might platinum the game because there are only two multiplayer trophies.

Edit: If only the game had more gun fighting in the beggining it would have rocked more. The fighting is really intense from the start of the ship point onward. I still think the Ai is smarter than 2. The shutgun guys hunt you down. They move around more and try to conor your more often. Also they through a lot more gernades that force you to stay in cover. 

Drake does fall through floors too much which gets less dramatic.

I don't want to play it too fast because like the 2nd it will be missed when it ends. 

I've already put 20+ hours into the sp(93% trophy wise...will probably plat it tomorrow)

I whole heartily agree that Uncharted 3 is my favorite games ever made, though I do agree with dlewis21...the enemy AI is kinda dumb....some charge right into your line of fire and when you throw a grenade they sometimes stop and drop...

and chloe does look weird...but Elena looked actually hot in this one.

I know ND wanted to hype the airplane setpieces but I think the best part of the game was the shipwreck/cruise! it was amazing

having a blast with the MP

Ok...

Just did the desert part, I am lost for words.

The quality of the game has really fluctuated in my opinion, it has had its highs and it has had its lows. The desert chapter is easily the biggest high in the game so far, absolutely amazing, the best graphics in any video game I have ever seen by a long shot.