By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Best game ever - (No Spoilers)

Tagged games:

oldschoolfool said:
It's a good game,but not the best game ever. The game really did'nt get started until it got to chapter 14. I thought the last 8 chapter's,made up for the first 13.

i agree uncharted 3 took to long to take off i reckon but for me the game started at chapter 8

Around the Network

I found Uncharted 3 MUCH better then Uncharted 2.. I think people need to replay Uncharted 2 right after 2 to see wich one they prefer.

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I've been without internet since thursday, so obviously all I have been doing is playing vidyagames. I got the special edition of Uncharted 3 (I swear, this version has the most awesome cover I have ever seen) on friday and beat the game on saturday. The game was great, don't get me wrong, I was absolutely blown away by it on a technical level. However, it felt as if the game played itself a lot of the time and that I was always able to know what was going to happen next. See some cover? I should get behind that, will probably be an ambush. Then the guys throw down some smoke grenades and ambush us. You're climbing up and you see a ventilation thing, or whatever the heck those things are? Better get behind that, because some baddies are going to be shooting you from above. Cracks in the floor? Don't worry, you'll be falling through that in a moment. Then you have various thing you climb on convinently breaking, but not completely and no matter how long you take, it always falls down the second you're off it. I dunno, it all just seemed so predictable, and as if the game didn't need me at all. It was the same with the story, honestly, I was able to predict most of the things that were going to happen, and I was able to see through a lot of the twist. Maybe it was just because most of it was so similar to UC2.

It just felt as if Naughty Dog had focused too much on making it a "cinematic-experienc" than a game, which I guess I don't like. Ironically though, my two favourite parts were purely cinematic: when you are drugged and when you're walking through the desert.

Right after playing through Uncharted 3, I decided to play Batman: Arkham Asylum, which I've had lying around since june, but never bothered to play due to thinking it was going to blow. But I must admit, I found that to be a faaaar more fun game than Uncharted 3, despite being nowhere near as technically impressive. I guess I just like games more than movies, whoda thunk?

We all like different types of games :D
I love entertainment and I am a movie freak, but I also love video games. So one game that does both as good as Uncharted is really hard for me to find (Heavy rain, God of War and MGS are high up there XD).

Im glad that many seemed to love the game and there seem to be some people who think it's one of the best games on the PS3. Glad im not alone ^^

I really enjoyed this game but I dislike the new focus on melee and it just feels like more of the same. I do really like the co-op adventure and the ability to play with up to 3 people on an adventure is awesome. But again melee attacks are too powerful in my opinion.

Around the Network
pokeclaudel said:
I really enjoyed this game but I dislike the new focus on melee and it just feels like more of the same. I do really like the co-op adventure and the ability to play with up to 3 people on an adventure is awesome. But again melee attacks are too powerful in my opinion.

The melee is one of the highlights of the game for me xD. I just adore the Jackie Chan feeling I get :D and I'm a huge martial arts fan. (Even though it's not really.. martial arts, it's brawling) but it really is so fun to do!

I love this game to death and I can't wait to platinum it! Everything from the game just wowed me from the beginning to the very end. In every corner there was something happening. I felt ND delivered and surpassed UC2 in every way. I just really hope that ND will continue with the series. It's my favorite game of all time.

Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 3 does everything bigger and better then Uncharted 2 (IMO). The action scenes, the voice - overs, the plot, multiplayer, graphics, soundtrack, and the melee combat. The only area Uncharted 3 lacked in comparison to Uncharted 2 was how fluid and smooth the animations were. Uncharted 3 had those moments where Drake would move, climb, roll, or jump unnaturally.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

WOW. Just WOW. This year probably has the strongest set of games competing for game of the year than the past 4 or 5 years have had. Forget the Battlefield 3 vs Modern Warfare 3 war, there's Uncharted 3, Zelda:Skyward Sword which seems to be the best zelda ever going by what critics have been saying, Skyrim, Arkham City(which would probably have won if it came out in a year with less competition) and the few games I forgot to mention that I'm about to get flamed for not mentioning.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Made my way up the Chapter 16 (I'm about to board the plane). It definately gets better from Chapter 6 onwards. I'm kinda sad they removed the Iron Fist, I loved running up an enemy while gunning like a madmen to finish him off with a punch in the face.

On the treasure side of things, I think I'm doing good... I think I've got 37 so far. Not bad considering I'm not making that much effort to find them.

Signature goes here!