By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Best game ever - (No Spoilers)

Tagged games:

Aldro said:
TruckOSaurus said:

People seem to like UC3, and the few who say that UC2 is better seem to feel that UC2 had a more fresh feel to it when it came. Obviously thats understandable. My question to those is:
Would you still rather play UC2 than UC3 though? Obviously UC3 is new, and to me it is far better in every aspect (I know some disagree), but 

Most reviewers disagree dude. The fact is Uncharted 2 is the better game because it has more sustained shooting sequences throughout the game. It has a better ending because  (SPOILER) there is actually a semi challenging boss fight. Uncharted 3 has too many pace slowing puzzles in the first half. The intro to the fighting is so slow to a veteran of the series and as a person who likes a challenge it is very boring. 

Uncharted 3 has less replay value because its use of story and gameplay are fun the first time through, but for a 2nd trip (pun intended) through the game relying on story less than shooting makes for a less enjoyable experience because you already know what happens. When gunplay is put ahead of story going back and playing the game at a more difficult level remains fun because it remains challenging. Quit simply the story formula is totally like uncharted 2 only the script is changed. I will say UC3's script is better, but when it uses the same kinds of twists to make the story it losses originality.

In all, the campaign is worse, but the multiplayer is better.

Around the Network
Chrysander said:
The fact that chapter 2 is set in my country of origin already made it my favorite game this gen. I was shocked, amazed and just gittery. I'm currently at chapter 8. Me and my bro are taking the game slow. We're only played about an hour or two a day. I got the collector's edition so every time I see a cut scene, I'm always messing with the ring around my neck. Really get me pumped for some reason. What I have really found amazing is the splitcreen co-op. This was probably the greatest addition to the game for me. It's fun as hell to play with somebody right beside you, helping each other and just using teamwork to move on. I truly am enjoying this game a ton. It's without a doubt my GOTY.

The way Naughty Dog executed London was fantastic, it really did feel like it was in Britain. I also enjoyed the fact that hoodies were in the game.

Beat it a couple of hours ago.

Drakes Fortune: (8/10) A little too much gunplay, in my opinion. Story is a little too predictable. Outstanding graphics for its time.

Among Theives: (9.5/10) Pitch perfect characterization, action, and surprising set pieces. Story is a little predictable. Again, outstanding presentation.

Drake's Deception: (9/10) Almost the exact opposite of Drake's Fortune. Not enough action. Too many puzzles. Story is predictable and a little disappointing and disjointed. Spectacular graphics and set pieces. Without the graphics and the characters, would I even want to play this game? Rhetorical question. In its current form, it's quite an emotional journey. A few standout flaws put it below U2 (which I replayed immediately before U3)

UC3 is a disappointment, just because it looks like your watching an action flick its all that good, oh please. if i want to watch a movie i would rent a movie from net flix.
its an under par game, which has the world fail written all over it, predictable story line, boring dull puzzles, no sex or drugs. no hardcore violence how low can this game be.

to think that this game has any chance of winning game of the year, you got to be joking.

o_o sometimes i just don't get some people...

finished it on Normal....absolutely FANTASTIC! I wish they had a MP mode about gunfights while riding a horse! they took everything from UC2 and went crazy with it! one of my most memorable moments is the 2nd chapter....i really hope someday someone will make a PSV game with that story line

started the MP..great maps. Around level 12 so far and still sucking hard lol but having an absolute blast

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I platinum it a few hours ago!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

damn you... now i regret buying BF3 first and keep uncharted 3 for latter... well no i dont... BF3 is awesome and U3 will be there waiting for me... aging like a fine wine, just getting better by the minute!... can wait for my wife to give the green light on the U3 buy... yes, i have to have the wifes permission to buy new games... damn you huge back log that she knows about!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Best game EVARR xDD

UC2 was great but I will wait a while and buy US3 used.

The multiplayer is pointless, its all about the campaign.

RareglovE said:
UC3 is a disappointment, just because it looks like your watching an action flick its all that good, oh please. if i want to watch a movie i would rent a movie from net flix.
its an under par game, which has the world fail written all over it, predictable story line, boring dull puzzles, no sex or drugs. no hardcore violence how low can this game be.

to think that this game has any chance of winning game of the year, you got to be joking.

Maybe you should you know do some research and look up info on what a game is actually about before you buy/play it then?  You keep posting the same "blah blah blah" crap about UC3, but Uncharted has never been about "sex,drugs and hardcore violence". 

If you like a certain style of game and you rush out and buy a game that isn't known for anything related to your style, how is it the game/developers fault?   Maybe your impulse purchase thoughts are to blame?   I suggest games like Splattered or Naughty Bear if you want "hardcore violence"

And no, no one is joking when they say it has a good chance of being game of the year, UC2 was and that didn't have any drugs. Your opinion is your own and i would say a huge majority of critics and gamers alike disagree with you.