By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Best game ever - (No Spoilers)

Tagged games:

Was a great game, but for me the best sequence of the series so far was the Village battle in UC2, i thinkthe cruise scene is great in the technical departmen but not ennough impressive to surpass the train in UC2,

I missed (and prefer) the love triangle from the second but this focused in another kind of relationship.

I think ND abused of the crumblings floors this time.

The horse sequence was a improvement over the persecussion from the second, the speed of the cars seemed more real.

I liked that this time we got more shooting and less akward plataforming.

Overall was great, but it lack a sequence that wowed me more, than UC2, I think that the fact that the main sequences appears in the trailers (even in the first one) spoiled me the emotion

Around the Network

I've actually been a bit disappointed so far. Mind you I just got to chapter 11, but everything doesn't seem to be as polished. I've fallen to my death for no reason too many times. They messed with the aiming, when it was perfectly fine the last game. The overall pacing of the game has been slow, I mean, I'm 11 chapters in, nearly half the game (If my assumptions are correct), and they're not even near hinting as to what, blondie wants (Can't remember the old hags name, and to be frank, that's not a good thing that they've shown the villain so infrequently like they have). And WTF did they do to Elena? She looks like she was on the receiving end of plastic surgery gone wrong. She doesn't look cute like she used to, nor does she look beautiful to make up for it. That being the bad. The good; game is still great. Once getting used to the mess that they made with the aiming, still plays beautifully. They tried their best with combat, it's no Batman, but it's a hell of a lot better than just bashing a guy with your gun (Which is how third person shooters do melee). Platforming returned to the first uncharted, so we got rope swinging back (yay). And I've been really impressed with the lighting, as non gameplay that it is. Looking into a room, and then walking in to have the lighting change, interacting with rays, the entire shading model has been revamped. Light scatters over models almost as well as them CG movies, crevices in skin move and bend as the characters talk, the shading they were using for skins have been polished even further. They got local lights working with the global lighting. Though with all these lighting improvements, they broke shadows. Oh well, I still have half a game to get through, will see if this second half makes up for the first.

I am liking the game more now, but I still fell they added more puzzles to this game which become annoying. The swimming sections add something new and the characters are great.This game makes me like Chloe more than Elana as Chloe is actually funny this time. The game keeps up the excitement well though, but without longer shooting only sequences I will feel ND did too many things in the game.

Edit: The ship part is amazing and easily ups the games fun level a lot.

uncharted is defiantly an amazing game

About to replay on Crushing difficulty mode.. I'm scared..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I couldn't agree more, it's the best game ever made. That's fact, not opinion.

Agreed! Uncharted 3 is the best and most epic TPS/action adventure game nothing else comes close.

I'm getting it after work today!!! 5 hours to go -_______-

I am the Playstation Avenger.

deskpro2k3 said:
About to replay on Crushing difficulty mode.. I'm scared..

I was scared too, but it was a lot easier than expected.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I just replayed it for the second time.

Game of my life time! It is SO well done and out of the top, its just fucking nuts!

Honest to god, UC2 can't compare in the technical apartement. Come on for christ sake, ya'll need to replay the boat alone for that and now im leaving out like 10 other shit. Jesus christ, I LOVE Among Thieves but Drakes Deception is just so insane!