By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How do you pronounce Forza?

How do you pronounce Forza?

Four-z-ah 74 54.41%

Fort-z-ah 26 19.12%

Four-sahh 11 8.09%

Fort-sahh 20 14.71%

Insert Silly Pun 3 2.21%

Total:134
FinalEvangelion said:
Ronster316 said:
GT5-rape-ah.

For some reason, I doubt you even touched GT5 since it's a Sony product.

What is funny, is he actually put over GT5 to Forza 4, in terms of AI. So take that as you will. Let alone, the dude must have been joking. 

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
four-zuh

In American English pronunciation, this is correct.

I can't speak for Australian English or British English, though.

I do know the proper Italian pronunciation for the "za"  is like "pizza".

SW-5120-1900-6153

Wass said:
d21lewis said:
Force-uh.

Anyway, what the hell does Forza even mean? And what is a Turismo?

Gran Turismo - endurance or long distance races

Forza in the Italian language means "force" and "strength".

Gran Turismo means "Great Touring".

@ Final........

Wow, do you honestly think that just because of my issues with sony that it means i have not played their products?

my game collection alone is proof that i have played sonys offerings.

@ Ace.........

Truthfully, i'm just telling it how i see it. Forza 3 is HANDS down the BEST console exclusive racer this generation and destroys GT5, however (and i'm still currently playing it as shown on my TA card below) Forza 4's A.I. genuinely does have issues........ so yes, GT5's A.I. is better, and yes, GT5 is a little better than Forza 4.

But the bottom line____________ here, is that GT5 was RAPED this gen by Forza 3.

4-za

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

forsa, since most people dont pronounce the Z here.

Ef-Or-Zee-Aye

@ Pezus......

Yes............ Forza 4's A.I. cars are shockingly bad, they ram you on corners even when you have taken a corner cleanly and correctly, they ram you all over the place, it's like their only goal is to cause you as much misery as possible.

I have no qualms in saying this............ i am not enjoying Forza 4 all that much.

To go from the excellence of Forza 3 to this dissapoints me.

It's Fort-sah or Fort-zah--that's how the devs and publishers pronounce it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

4-zuh

I don't agree with some people pronouncing it as fort-zah or fort-sa, the way most people add that 't" sound when saying pizza. The reason people pronounce pizza as Peet-suh is because of the long-e sounding 'i" in the word that precedes the double zz's, which in turn adds an 's' sound starting the second syllable. Kinda like the way you pronounce mozzarella as mot-sa-rel-la. (don't get me started on the WOP version... MOOT-SUH-DELL!)

Forza has one z which follows an "or" sound... so no adding the "t" or "s" sounds necessary. Thank you for attending linguistics 101... please come again!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.