By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How do you pronounce Forza?

How do you pronounce Forza?

Four-z-ah 74 54.41%

Fort-z-ah 26 19.12%

Four-sahh 11 8.09%

Fort-sahh 20 14.71%

Insert Silly Pun 3 2.21%

Total:134

Like the Italians, of course. http://www.forvo.com/word/forza_italia/

Around the Network

From an interview with the Forza Team in 2004!

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/873/Forza-Motorsport-Microsoft-Games-Interview/p1/

Forza: half of gamers can't pronounce it, and the other half have no clue what it means. Enlighten those who need to brush up on their Italian with the proper pronunciation and definition.

Garrett Young: We were looking for a name that spoke to the sexy Italian styling of so many of our cars. Roughly translated, "Forza" means, "be forceful." The thing that really struck us is how the word is used at Formula One races in Italy: "Forza Ferrari!" is a common chant from the home fans as Michael Schumacher passes in front of the crowd. We run a risk by using a word that few people in the U.S. have ever heard, but we know the insiders will get it. And for those not fluent in Italian, it's pronounced "Fort-za."

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Got a relative who consistently pronouces it as 'Fon-zah'

Never sure how he is so off the mark.

Farz-eaagh...Obviously. How can you pronounce it any different?

SecondWar said:

Got a relative who consistently pronouces it as 'Fon-zah'

Never sure how he is so off the mark.

You're related to The Fonz?!?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
@ Pezus......

Yes............ Forza 4's A.I. cars are shockingly bad, they ram you on corners even when you have taken a corner cleanly and correctly, they ram you all over the place, it's like their only goal is to cause you as much misery as possible.

I have no qualms in saying this............ i am not enjoying Forza 4 all that much.

To go from the excellence of Forza 3 to this dissapoints me.

They were just trying to make it more realistic by adding drink drivers.

Ronster316 said:
@ Pezus......

Yes............ Forza 4's A.I. cars are shockingly bad, they ram you on corners even when you have taken a corner cleanly and correctly, they ram you all over the place, it's like their only goal is to cause you as much misery as possible.

I have no qualms in saying this............ i am not enjoying Forza 4 all that much.

To go from the excellence of Forza 3 to this dissapoints me.

That's the price of holding 60 fps always... even the cars have graphic downgrade when more cars are in the track (with 16 cars they really became ungly).

Forza 3's AI was really GREAT.

I think I pronounce it as Fort-za.

Jay520 said:
"inferior Gran Turismo CopyCat"

Kidding, Kidding,

for-zah

how else can you pronounce it?

Fort-zah*

Ronster316 said:
@ Final........

Wow, do you honestly think that just because of my issues with sony that it means i have not played their products?

my game collection alone is proof that i have played sonys offerings.

@ Ace.........

Truthfully, i'm just telling it how i see it. Forza 3 is HANDS down the BEST console exclusive racer this generation and destroys GT5, however (and i'm still currently playing it as shown on my TA card below) Forza 4's A.I. genuinely does have issues........ so yes, GT5's A.I. is better, and yes, GT5 is a little better than Forza 4.

But the bottom line____________ here, is that GT5 was RAPED this gen by Forza 3.

I disagree, I think GT5 offers a lot more content + superior AI, graphics and gameplay. It's also been supported very well by dlc.
It's not been "raped" at all by Forza 3...