By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How do you pronounce Forza?

How do you pronounce Forza?

Four-z-ah 74 54.41%

Fort-z-ah 26 19.12%

Four-sahh 11 8.09%

Fort-sahh 20 14.71%

Insert Silly Pun 3 2.21%

Total:134

Apparently the wrong way, I'm a Four-z-ah.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

ˈfɔrtsa

In Italian "z" can have "ts" or "ds" sound, in "forza" case it's "ts".

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

For-Freedom!!

Definitive Racing Sim.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

trasharmdsister12 said:
Farts-ahh *relief*

Back to the topic...

LMAO

You've outdone yourself this time

OT: Four Za

Around the Network

four-zuh

RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:
Force-uh.

Anyway, what the hell does Forza even mean? And what is a Turismo?

Both game titles sound Italian. Forza translates to power or force, so powerful motorsport. Gran Turismo translates to coach, so driving coach sounds about right. *EDIT: That's what Google Translate spit out.*

As for how I pronounce Forza, I do it in just the way it's written. To put it into English terms... how do I explain it?

Take away the "d" from Ford for the first syllable and the second one sounds like tsuh.

Sounds like MS moneyhatted Google to me.

/ ˈfɔrtsa/

GT5-rape-ah.

Ronster316 said:
GT5-rape-ah.

For some reason, I doubt you even touched GT5 since it's a Sony product.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.