By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13.. I'm hooked!

Tagged games:

dude...if Final Fantasy XIII is your first, you're in for a shock, since the other games are nothing like it (most notably, they have much better characters, a lot of sidequests, and an actual GOOD story that makes sense from the beginning.)

You'd do well to play ANY final fantasy other than XIII, but you need to know that the battle systems in the other games are much slower, but you actually control them, so it's more tactical rather than basic.

VI is my favorite, but IV, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII are all phenomenal. you seriously can't go wrong with any of them. IV is on PSP, VI is on GBA, VII-IX are on PSN store, and X is coming to Vita. XII is the only one that you have to get on PS2.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

^ Uggghhh, these guys just don't give it a rest do they?

I'm going to start trolling every game I hate on a daily basis now.

PlaystaionGamer said:
pariz said:
If you are new to JRPGs and you are loving XIII, I would advise you to play other RPG series. There's a world outside that franchise that deserves to be enjoyed too!

yeh i was looking into maybe White Knight Chronicles at some point

I tell you what: Start a poll in which you ask vgchartzers what jrpg you should play next...

Name White Knight Chronicles I&II, Star Ocean, Persona 4 and other Final Fantasy game...

I'm betting most people will name Persona 4 and that's imo where you should go next. Ok, FF fans might win, but you should really consider what I'm saying.

pariz said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
pariz said:
If you are new to JRPGs and you are loving XIII, I would advise you to play other RPG series. There's a world outside that franchise that deserves to be enjoyed too!

I tell you what: Start a poll in which you ask vgchartzers what jrpg you should play next...

Name White Knight Chronicles I&II, Star Ocean, Persona 4 3 and other Final Fantasy game...

I'm betting most people will name Persona 4 3 and that's imo where you should go next. Ok, FF fans might win, but you should really consider what I'm saying.

Fix'd

Xen said:
pariz said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
pariz said:

Name White Knight Chronicles I&II, Star Ocean, Persona 4 3 and other Final Fantasy game...

I'm betting most people will name Persona 4 3 and that's imo where you should go next. Ok, FF fans might win, but you should really consider what I'm saying.

Fix'd

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't played 3, but I'm pretty sure you are right to include them both.

Around the Network
pariz said:
Xen said:
pariz said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
pariz said:

Fix'd

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't played 3, but I'm pretty sure you are right to include them both.

Play it! If you liked P4, you will like P3. If you have a PSP, your version is the definitive one ;)

@Soriku: remove troll face. That statement is true.

if you enjoyed XIII you should enjoy every single other iteration of Final Fantasy out there, even XII which i hated with a passion.
i hated XII but it was a quality game, XIII not so much.
if i had to rank the Final Fantasies i would rank them like this:
VI > IX > VII > X > V > IV > II > I > XII > XIII

my favorite game of all time is another RPG Chrono Trigger.

other noteworthy JRPG's are: Grandia, Suikoden 1-5, Lufia II

if you have the oppurtunity try them.

pariz said:
Xen said:
pariz said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
pariz said:

Fix'd

You have to play P3 to understand the hype of P4. Like Xen said the Portable version of P3 (for PSP) it's the definitive one. Other than that you could try Persona 3 Fes which brings new content and a new story arc. On a bad note be aware this game is earlier than P4, a lot of people who began playing persona in P4 hate P3 because it doesn't have the same things as P4 (which is understandable)

Anyway, Hail to persona 3 :P

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

PlaystaionGamer said:
brute said:
I was in the same case like you I had never played a FF game before XIII and I loved it, after that i played VI, that was great too so you should give it a try.

thanks! yeh im socked im so into it! are you getting 13-2 & the X remake then?

Yes I will. Since I have never played FFX this will be great, can't wait .

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"