By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13.. I'm hooked!

Tagged games:

Well...

I rate them like this, VII > XIII > X > VIII. Those are the only ones I have played in the main series and I am working on the others. Final Fantasy VIII is at the bottom of the list yet it's still an amazing game, it shouldn't be the case of what ones you should play, it's what ones you should play first.

I think you should try out VII and X first, VI too if you are interested in the 2D ones.

Around the Network

I was in the same case like you I had never played a FF game before XIII and I loved it, after that i played VI, that was great too so you should give it a try.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

FFVIII (8) was my followed by 10, 12, 13, 10-2, 7, 9....

8 has the best story, but most of it is told through background events and sidequests that you really have to pay attention too...not nearly as straight forward as 7 or 9 for example.

12 is like playing an MMO, but better.

10 is just awesome, a true work of art.

10-2 starts out silly but picks up and EASILY EASILY EASILY has the best combat system of any FF game, its AAAAAWWEEEESOME - it also has like 6 alternate endings and a perfect 100% ending that can only be achieved by playing through the game multiple times with NEW GAME PLUS....i put over 400 hours into that game. ...In fact it is easily the most under appreciated game of all time

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I've played the first few chapters of FF13 but the dialogue killed it for me. Half the dialogue is just people sighing or making high pitch noises and it makes me cringe.

The gameplay is interesting but the characters seriously killed it for me. (I haven't played any other FF games btw)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

d21lewis said:
Here's what I picked up on: You said you've never played a JRPG and that FF13 is a great. Thing is, FF13 is a huge departure from most other JRPG's as well as other Final Fantasy games.

I don't what to recommend to you. Infinite Undiscovery, maybe?

IU is actually decent outside of some tech issues. It's not amazing but I thought it was enjoyable.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Well...

I rate them like this, VII > XIII > X > VIII. Those are the only ones I have played in the main series and I am working on the others. Final Fantasy VIII is at the bottom of the list yet it's still an amazing game, it shouldn't be the case of what ones you should play, it's what ones you should play first.

I think you should try out VII and X first, VI too if you are interested in the 2D ones.

You're dead to me! ; ;

wow, eveyone is saying something different! maybe i should play it Xlll > Xlll2 > Xremake? then f I'm still as into FF then go back and play the rest?

you can get ff 6, 7 and 9 from the psn. And you should wait for the remake of ffX.

If FFXIII didn't have such stunning graphics then I would've stopped playing after 5 hours. I ended up stopping after 10 hours and recently sold it.

I never want to play a game like that again.

brute said:
I was in the same case like you I had never played a FF game before XIII and I loved it, after that i played VI, that was great too so you should give it a try.

thanks! yeh im socked im so into it! are you getting 13-2 & the X remake then?