By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13.. I'm hooked!

Tagged games:

Don't let FF6 fans convince you that FF7 is an overhyped junk game like they so love to do. Despite it's fugly graphics, FF7 is considered one of the best RPG (and one of the best FFs) for a reason, It's very good.

However, I've become prejudice against people who like XIII or at least thought it was more than an ok game. Therefore I hate you and will not suggest FF VII, VIII, IX, X and X-2. FFVI is good too.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:

i know i might be more then a little late to the Final Fantasy Party/hate train..

but i have just started playing and im loving it!! i have never played a JRPG before or any sorta Final Fantasy type game but im loving this! all i want to know is.. 

what are the other best Final Fantasy's to play (im sure 7 will come up in the comments)

and what other Final Fantasy type games do you suggest? i have a PS3 & PSP :)

Don't listen to other Final Fantasy fans. Go to Youtube and watch a segment of a walkthrough to determine for yourself.

Were are you at now in FFXIII?

I got hooked at the beginning of the game, but later I got bored of the repetitiveness.

Edit: since you seem to love FFXIII, objectively the game with the best chances to hook you is FFX. I know IV, VI, VII and IX are considered classics, but X is up there and it's the most similar design-wise to FFXIII, if you go to IV or IX chances are you'll be in shock of how different they are.

FFX's level design is much more simililar to FFXIII than previous FF's, you have voice overs, graphics are more similar (characters with realistic proportions), etc. And it's a great FF.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

most of the comments are based on nostalgia, when those games werent just awesome, but technically impressive for their time.

my favourite is VIII, but then again, only if you can stand PSX gtaphics, missing voice overs and so on, youll find them to be as good as they were back in the day, but even for the most ignorant person when it comes to technical evolution, itll be hard.. (Since you have a PSP; play the PSX ones on it. =))

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I would Suggest Final Fantasy X and XII for PS2 and on PS1 i would suggest FF8 and FF7

Around the Network

Actually it is I you should listen as I would have suggested you to play FFXIII and I would have been right!

FFXIII seems to be really appreciated with new JRPG gamers.

FFVI is sublime but 7 is the Holy Grail for me. Like everyone has told you, FFVII's character graphics are kind of crappy, but once in battle they are upgraded and look way better. This kind of make you wish to be fighting most of the time and that's not bad, is it? The camera angles in battles are extremely dynamic and I think it would make a great transition from the action oriented FFXIII you are playing.

I tend to touch myself while watching The Spirits Within so I guess I should recommend you to play that one aswell.

Just play them all, the ones you can.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

XIII is a great game.

MrT-Tar said:
IMO (and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me) here is my order of preference of the mainline FF series:

VI > IV > IX > VII > V > XII > VIII > X > XIII > III > II > I

IV>VI>X>IX>V>XII>III>II>I>VII>VIII>X-2>XIII

Everyone has different taste and although my order is far different. I dig your top 3.

Here's what I picked up on: You said you've never played a JRPG and that FF13 is a great. Thing is, FF13 is a huge departure from most other JRPG's as well as other Final Fantasy games.

I don't what to recommend to you. Infinite Undiscovery, maybe?