By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13.. I'm hooked!

Tagged games:

Ultr said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
also on my iphone i just looked in the App store and 1,2 & 3 are on there!!! do you think i should buy them on there or get them 3 off PSN?
im slightly worries about the no buttons issue

Dude, just finish XIII first! XD

As I said, X is the most similar to XIII so it may be a good idea to play it after XIII or XIII-2, to avoid shocks.

But finish XIII and judge the whole game first :P

aha oh yeh, im talking about after im done with 13! yeh il get 13-2 next then after that it depends on how far away the X remake is.. i know Square Enix takes its time. Cough /versus cough

Oh I see your about the same as me with the final fantasy franchise. I will also get Vita, and the FF X!

But hey really take your time! FF games are soooo long, and you cant really play any other game beside them! so FINISH before buying another! :)

(ff crisis core isn't that long, you could get that also on vita I guess! )

yeh im planning on getting Vita too! note sure if to get the X remake on the PS3 or Vita though.. hopefully we can just buy it off PSN and pick up and play from both! 

yeh i played a tiny bit of Crisis Core when it came out and i hated it, it put me off playing FF ever again.. then i got 13 in a deal and im loving it. maybe i should go back and try it again 

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
thanks so much for all this advice.. im more then confused BUT am excited to go into this series.

why do they change the Gameplay so much then? is it actually that different?
also just watched gameplay fron 13-2.. whats going on with all the 1 button battles?

If that is what you ask, then I wonder whether you played even a minute of FF XIII

If you are new to JRPGs and you are loving XIII, I would advise you to play other RPG series. There's a world outside that franchise that deserves to be enjoyed too!

Xen said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
thanks so much for all this advice.. im more then confused BUT am excited to go into this series.

also just watched gameplay fron 13-2.. whats going on with all the 1 button battles?

If that is what you ask, then I wonder whether you played even a minute of FF XIII

well no because 13 has all these menus and things, but the gameplay for the next is like 'press O' now X then O.. abit like the boss battle in God of War

pariz said:
If you are new to JRPGs and you are loving XIII, I would advise you to play other RPG series. There's a world outside that franchise that deserves to be enjoyed too!

yeh i was looking into maybe White Knight Chronicles at some point

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
Xen said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

well no because 13 has all these menus and things, but the gameplay for the next is like 'press O' now X then O.. abit like the boss battle in God of War

Ah, yes, the QTE shit.

I didn't watch much of XIII-2, I don't really care for it after sludging through FF XIII. However, even so, XIII is done by two buttons - X and, quite rarely, L1.

Explore the world. Get actual good games like Star Ocean, Tales of, Persona, and so on. JRPG's offer you a marvelous genre, easily the best of all. It's sad to waste it on something like FF XIII, no offence.

Xen said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Xen said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

Ah, yes, the QTE shit.

I didn't watch much of XIII-2, I don't really care for it after sludging through FF XIII. However, even so, XIII is done by two buttons - X and, quite rarely, L1.

Explore the world. Get actual good games like Star Ocean, Tales of, Persona, and so on. JRPG's offer you a marvelous genre, easily the best of all. It's sad to waste it on something like FF XIII, no offence.

well i really like it.. but this is my first JRPG so i dont have alot to go off. 

yeh il look into those after im done with 13. Star Ocean looks interesting

if you're looking at white knight chronicles II, it is awesome. it has a ff12 feel to it.

when you start star ocean, don't play it on English dub..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Wagram said:
brendude13 said:
Well...

I rate them like this, VII > XIII > X > VIII. Those are the only ones I have played in the main series and I am working on the others. Final Fantasy VIII is at the bottom of the list yet it's still an amazing game, it shouldn't be the case of what ones you should play, it's what ones you should play first.

I think you should try out VII and X first, VI too if you are interested in the 2D ones.

You're dead to me! ; ;

I hate myself for putting FFVIII in the bottom of the ratings too, I love the game yet I rate it last, I guess it shows just how good Final Fantasy games are.

PlaystaionGamer said:
Xen said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Xen said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

Ah, yes, the QTE shit.

well i really like it.. but this is my first JRPG so i dont have alot to go off.

yeh il look into those after im done with 13. Star Ocean looks interesting

If trash like FF XIII is something that is likeable to you, then JRPG's are going to blow your mind. I'm somewhat envyous.